Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268155 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3000 on: May 13, 2018, 09:18:03 pm »
David Byrne is an early contender for concert of the year.

The reduced capacity for a seated show at Anthem leads to the venue really humming efficiency-wise. My best experience there by far.

Yes. Indeed. Wow.

K8teebug

« Reply #3001 on: May 14, 2018, 09:21:03 am »

The reduced capacity for a seated show at Anthem leads to the venue really humming efficiency-wise. My best experience there by far.

Yes. Indeed. Wow.

Was incredible. As was Benjamin Clementine.

hemisphire

« Reply #3002 on: May 14, 2018, 10:32:17 am »

FTFY. My wife was bummed she didn't go after I told her what a great show it was, until she found out everyone stood up during the second song and never sat down again.

Yada

« Reply #3003 on: May 17, 2018, 08:59:50 am »
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats Recap: Had a night planned out with friends for the Nats game which was cancelled, so we parlayed that into cheap tickets for the show. I'll preface it with I had heard maybe a handful of songs prior to this show.

Lines: B- (quite long, but wow, quite efficient!) Was in line way down the dock and in the Anthem in under 15 mins.
Sound: C- (maybe I'm a snob, but this doesn't appear to be getting any better) So loud, so booming, muddy everywhere
Soap and Water Dispensers in Bathroom: B+
Hutch's personal touch: Solid A

Lots of bros high fiving and yackin' throughout the entire show, but all in all, fun band, a bit cheesy, but good times.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3004 on: May 17, 2018, 09:09:37 am »
Hutch's personal touch: Solid A
Show us, on the doll, where he touched, you
LVMH

DotTheEyes

« Reply #3005 on: May 19, 2018, 11:45:41 pm »
I am a long-term Oasis nerd (favorite band)...and Liam Gallagher's vocals sounded in fine form, I thought, at the Lincoln tonight...and there will never not be a certain magic hearing him belt, say, "Live Forever" or "Morning Glory"...and I enjoy his solo songs, too...

BUT a 12-song, 55-minute set feels a bit criminal.  Particularly since this show did not come with an opening Richard Ashcroft set the way every other date on this brief North American tour did.  The show was considerably shorter than Beady Eye's at the 9:30 Club, and they were touring behind one album without playing any Oasis covers.

vansmack

« Reply #3006 on: May 20, 2018, 07:44:14 pm »
Sorry man - I was afraid of that.  I can't argue with anything you said AT ALL.

I paid $55+service fees the day they went on sale, only to have them go on sale for $20, fees included, two weeks before the show.  That's my fault and I should have known better - what happened in DC was definitely worse.
27>34

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3007 on: May 21, 2018, 09:06:59 am »
last minute decided to see Okkervil River at Black Cat. Really enjoyable show, first night of the tour. They have the best song about tracheotomies ever imho.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3008 on: May 21, 2018, 10:20:17 am »
cool, glad that's it's enjoyable.....I didn't go cause I don't like the new album.... >:(       

last minute decided to see Okkervil River at Black Cat. Really enjoyable show, first night of the tour. They have the best song about tracheotomies ever imho.
(_|_)

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3009 on: May 21, 2018, 11:48:51 am »
cool, glad that's it's enjoyable.....I didn't go cause I don't like the new album.... >:(       

the new record is okay, really just tried it out yesterday before the show; but was hoping for and got the well known songs: kicks, coastlines, plus ones, movie...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3010 on: May 27, 2018, 09:06:58 pm »
The Longshot show at Black Cat was fun.
Fun covers as well as new songs and Green Day deep cuts.
A ton of stage diving, stage invasions, and general mayhem.

Relaxer

« Reply #3011 on: May 29, 2018, 10:53:27 am »
'Titus Andronicus' (the play, not the band) at the Synetic Theater was unreal. Gotta love a Shakespeare production that has no dialogue, only music and dance. But it was really really good. Total visual spectacle. I've been seeing a lot of this artsy-fartsy crap lately. And I lovitz!
oword

DotTheEyes

« Reply #3012 on: May 30, 2018, 01:17:21 am »
Tonight was my first time seeing Jack White live.  The show had a slightly odd, almost lurching quality in terms of pacing and tonal shifts, and it ended one or two songs too soon (the encore called out for an "Icky Thump" or "Steady, as She Goes" finale), but I enjoyed myself.

Not sure how I feel re:  the cell-phone ban.  It certainly didn't create any immense, in-the-moment energy in the crowd in general, which only truly sprang to life for "Seven Nation Army."

hutch

« Reply #3013 on: May 30, 2018, 07:40:33 am »
What time did jack white go on

DotTheEyes

« Reply #3014 on: May 30, 2018, 08:00:11 am »
9:15.