Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268653 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3120 on: July 09, 2018, 01:25:24 pm »
Walkonby probably wouldn't have loved the bro-fest at Radiohead (they're pretty much the new Pink Floyd) in Chicago. I thought the show itself was pretty phenomenal. I enjoyed it very, very much. First night of the tour, and it felt incredibly solid, rehearsed, and focused. I don't care for Pablo Honey, so I wasn't too impressed with "Blow Out", but there were some other really nice choices, like "How to Disappear Completely", "All I Need", "Let Down", and probably the best version of "Fake Plastic Trees" I've ever heard.

Yada

« Reply #3121 on: July 09, 2018, 08:38:39 pm »
Walkonby probably wouldn't have loved the bro-fest at Radiohead (they're pretty much the new Pink Floyd) in Chicago. I thought the show itself was pretty phenomenal. I enjoyed it very, very much. First night of the tour, and it felt incredibly solid, rehearsed, and focused. I don't care for Pablo Honey, so I wasn't too impressed with "Blow Out", but there were some other really nice choices, like "How to Disappear Completely", "All I Need", "Let Down", and probably the best version of "Fake Plastic Trees" I've ever heard.

Lots of gas when bros are crushing chicago dogs pre-show.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #3122 on: July 10, 2018, 09:56:08 am »
my fav,orite part of what bearman said . . . "they're the new pink floyd."  at first, I was like, what, and then I was like, huh, and then I was like, uhh.  but, after thinking about it, yeah, they probably are, to some degree, that indeed.  I would, have to assume, that pink floyd shows, back in the day, smelled delightful, as well. 

Yada

« Reply #3123 on: July 10, 2018, 10:19:07 am »
my fav,orite part of what bearman said . . . "they're the new pink floyd."  at first, I was like, what, and then I was like, huh, and then I was like, uhh.  but, after thinking about it, yeah, they probably are, to some degree, that indeed.  I would, have to assume, that pink floyd shows, back in the day, smelled delightful, as well.

#AcidFarts

bearman🐻

« Reply #3124 on: July 10, 2018, 10:35:08 am »

Lots of gas when bros are crushing chicago dogs pre-show.

They actually weren't really flatulent or smelly. The Pretenders crowd was WAY, WAY worse in that regard. The Radiohead crowd was just disheveled and very unattractive. One of the most un-doable audiences I've seen in a long time. Worse than a Rush show to be honest. Pros (like me) wait til after the show to have the hot dog (and an Italian beef) at Portillo's. Damn that's some tasty stuff.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3125 on: July 10, 2018, 10:39:39 am »
I feel like several of you forgot to log in to the Space Freely account for your bowel function chat.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3126 on: July 10, 2018, 11:14:26 am »
Password please?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3127 on: July 10, 2018, 11:35:52 am »
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #3128 on: July 10, 2018, 12:09:10 pm »
One of the most un-doable audiences I've seen in a long time. Worse than a Rush show to be honest.

This might be the best thing I've read all summer....
27>34

« Reply #3129 on: July 10, 2018, 12:11:33 pm »
One of the most un-doable audiences I've seen in a long time. Worse than a Rush show to be honest.
This might be the best thing I've read all summer....
#POTSummer
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3130 on: July 10, 2018, 01:05:05 pm »
FooFighters were fun on Friday and I did not notice any ShowBroSmellTM

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3131 on: July 10, 2018, 07:16:19 pm »
Agree, fun show, but a lot of same schtick Dave did at Anthem show.  Did not notice much bro-smell, but I was in pavilion-seated.  Assume pit and lawn contained the stench.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3132 on: July 10, 2018, 09:18:32 pm »
Agree, fun show, but a lot of same schtick Dave did at Anthem show.  Did not notice much bro-smell, but I was in pavilion-seated.  Assume pit and lawn contained the stench.

Same schtick for sure. Addition of the expandable drum riser was fun.
I was in the Pit, and got the FWB VIP hookup, which was nice and appreciated, for I am old.
No smells in the Pit,

Also, the roof is now much higher at MPP.  There are new seats, and roads and parking lots too.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3133 on: July 13, 2018, 10:24:29 am »
SnailMail was a good/not great show (and not as great as Ted Leo ever, Joe...I cannot believe you asked me that).
The vocals were muddy in the mix with the full band; she sounded great solo. Was a seated show, would have been much better at Ottobar I think. The poster was way-cool.
The venue is cool/weird - a refurbished theater built in 1915, but in the refurbishment, they left it sort of unfinished and it has a post-apocalyptic kind of feel.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3134 on: July 20, 2018, 08:18:09 am »
I enjoyed John Moreland at Creative Alliance Monday.  Great songwriting and performance from the bigman. Venue was good as well. Seats for the oldsters, standing for the rest.
I also enjoyed the Fort Reno show last night. Beautiful night. 9 minute drum composition.