Author Topic: The Nationals and Orioles are both in first place  (Read 27942 times)

James Ford

Re: The Nationals and Orioles are both in first place
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2012, 07:40:07 am »
Anybody know if you're allowed to bring brooms to Nats Stadium?

James Ford

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »
Took pleasure in calling him and idiot when he dropped that routine fly ball!

Woohoo! Going to Sunday's game. Chen vs. Strasburg, with a free t-shirt and kids run the bases for the little one.

Maybe you want to call Harper an "idiot" to his face?  Nah, I guess its easier to rip a 19 year old rookie playing his first games in the majors on an internet board.

Arod's sluggging % through his first 17 games (54 at bats) when he came up was .241 and his batting average was .204.

hutch

« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2012, 08:50:41 pm »
Took pleasure in calling him and idiot when he dropped that routine fly ball!

Woohoo! Going to Sunday's game. Chen vs. Strasburg, with a free t-shirt and kids run the bases for the little one.

Maybe you want to call Harper an "idiot" to his face?  Nah, I guess its easier to rip a 19 year old rookie playing his first games in the majors on an internet board.

Arod's sluggging % through his first 17 games (54 at bats) when he came up was .241 and his batting average was .204.

Heckling Bryce Harper?

Man that is pitiful.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2012, 10:17:43 am »
Went to the game on Saturday, was so bummed they allower 6 runs, it was exciting to see them come back and score 5. I thought it was happening all over again on Sunday, but it was glorious to see them bounce back from back to back losses with 9 runs. 4 homers I think? Wish I had gone Sunday. Still tons of fun!
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2012, 11:03:53 am »
this guy is an idiot

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/mike-wise-fans-who-yell-oh-during-national-anthem-are-tainting-a-moment-meant-for-patriotism/2012/05/19/gIQACK4RbU_story.html
My beef is with fans doing this at DC sporting events...Skins games, Caps games...do these morons have any idea that it's 'O' as in Orioles?  Take that shit up 95 to Baltimore.

As far as desecrating the song, or it being unpatriotic...I think that's pretty stupid.  But it doesn't surprise me that there are plenty of idiots who would find it offensive on that level. 

hutch

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2012, 11:20:45 am »
this guy is an idiot

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/mike-wise-fans-who-yell-oh-during-national-anthem-are-tainting-a-moment-meant-for-patriotism/2012/05/19/gIQACK4RbU_story.html
My beef is with fans doing this at DC sporting events...Skins games, Caps games...do these morons have any idea that it's 'O' as in Orioles?  Take that shit up 95 to Baltimore.

As far as desecrating the song, or it being unpatriotic...I think that's pretty stupid.  But it doesn't surprise me that there are plenty of idiots who would find it offensive on that level. 

people do this everywhere now.. i find it highly annoying.. did no realize it was a "tradition" that had arisen in baltimore...

K8teebug

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2012, 01:31:37 pm »
this guy is an idiot

Was just going to post the same thing.  People need to stop getting pissed off about this.  I've been saying it since I was little and it's merely an emphasis of one part of the anthem.  People embellishing the crap out of it while singing are more offensive.

K8teebug

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2012, 01:32:35 pm »
this guy is an idiot

Was just going to post the same thing.  People need to stop getting pissed off about this.  I've been saying it since I was little and it's merely an emphasis of one part of the anthem.  People embellishing the crap out of it while singing are more offensive.

and I do say it anywhere...but I am from Baltimore...

hutch

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2012, 01:49:09 pm »
this guy is an idiot

I don't like it.. its crap..and its usually the drunk frat fuck meathead too.. coincidence? I think not.

K8teebug

« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2012, 03:39:51 pm »
It's tradition.

hutch

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2012, 04:08:13 pm »
It's tradition.

Disagree.. if it was a "tradition" everyone would do it.. its usually one drunk yahoo.

I suppose you also like it when people yell "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!"; another meathead "tradition"

chaz

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2012, 04:37:08 pm »
It's tradition.

Disagree.. if it was a "tradition" everyone would do it.. its usually one drunk yahoo.

I suppose you also like it when people yell "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!"; another meathead "tradition"
it's hardly just a few people that do this...a good percentage of DC sports fans participate in this...not because they are drunken yahoos as best I can tell.  They're just too dense to know that it's and Orioles thing.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:40:58 pm by chaz »

Got Haggis?

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2012, 04:44:12 pm »
I just assumed it happened at Nats games when the O's where in town.  Much like how us O's fans have to deal with yankee and red sox chants at camden yards when they are in town

didn't realize it happened during unrelated sports

chaz

« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2012, 04:50:31 pm »
I just assumed it happened at Nats games when the O's where in town.  Much like how us O's fans have to deal with yankee and red sox chants at camden yards when they are in town

didn't realize it happened during unrelated sports

Yes..can be heard at Verizon Center and FedEx.
At Verizon they yell "Red!" as well...as in rock the red.