Author Topic: Any seating for Beth Orton U St. Music Hall show?  (Read 2554 times)

Mr.Whippy

Any seating for Beth Orton U St. Music Hall show?
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:51:46 am »
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if it would be a good idea to bring my 75-year old mom to the Beth Orton show at U St. Music Hall.  She is a Beth Orton fan, but probably would not be comfortable at the show if it was the standard U St. Music Hall open floor configuration.

Do you happen to know if there might be any seating available for this show, or will it be the standard U St. Music Hall open floor configuration?

Thanks!

eddie

• Global Moderator
Re: Any seating for Beth Orton U St. Music Hall show?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:36:12 pm »
That will be the standard open floor configuration. 

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:37:26 pm »
Does anyboy know if Beth Orton with be with full band, solo acoustic, or something in between?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:39:31 pm »
doesn't USMH have a few bar stools?  if you got there early enough you should be able to snag one.  might even try calling them and asking them to reserve one for your mom.
<sig>

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 06:34:11 pm »
From what I've heard there are just a few barstools in the back and if the place is crowded, you can't see anything if you are sitting there.

Regarding if Beth is acoustic or with band, my guess is that this is a small tour maybe to test out new material, so I think acoustic would be possible.  When we saw her at Rams Head in Annapolis last year, it was acoustic, her and another acoustic guitarist.