Author Topic: For Walky  (Read 652209 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: For Walky
« Reply #391 on: May 29, 2013, 06:25:17 pm »
im slowly realizing that this place is basically ten to fifteen people talking amongst themselves, witheveryso often the owner comes out to yell from the side door, "whata you people doing round here?"  the conversations are usually very good, even the ones which do seem trollie, at times.  some talk more than others (so sorry, but i enjoy writing more than speaking some times after long days of doing nothing but speaking) . . . but most dont speak at all.  why is that?  how many members here and how many of them actually say anything and stay around, still saying things that people like to hear, or love to hate to hear.  i cannot figure that out.  i wonder how many real people there are who actually have an account, and never even bother to come in here; or only read it and never post (how odd is that); or only post once in a tatootine moon (sorry).  thats it.  we should all just call each other, and put on the speaker conference call. thats my thread's random thought of the day.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #392 on: June 01, 2013, 12:29:32 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/10092969/Lou-Reed-saved-by-liver-transplant-after-years-of-drugs-and-alcohol-take-their-toll.html

is it wrong for me to hate lou reed for this.  he is 71.  he was a complete fucking usless human (who abused his body with alcohol and drugs until it almost killed him) who just happened to be an artist.  then he gets to the top of list due to his bank account and his stature.  plus he wasnt able to play cochella.  oh the humanity.  does a kid now not get that liver, and die because nobody wants to see him play cochella?  does a person who needs that liver to live, who didnt bring their suffering on buy one's own hand, but by genetics . . . have any say if this rich old man is more important than him?  or maybe i shouldnt care. 

Yada

« Reply #393 on: June 02, 2013, 08:54:39 am »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/10092969/Lou-Reed-saved-by-liver-transplant-after-years-of-drugs-and-alcohol-take-their-toll.html

is it wrong for me to hate lou reed for this.  he is 71.  he was a complete fucking usless human (who abused his body with alcohol and drugs until it almost killed him) who just happened to be an artist.  then he gets to the top of list due to his bank account and his stature.  plus he wasnt able to play cochella.  oh the humanity.  does a kid now not get that liver, and die because nobody wants to see him play cochella?  does a person who needs that liver to live, who didnt bring their suffering on buy one's own hand, but by genetics . . . have any say if this rich old man is more important than him?  or maybe i shouldnt care. 

You shouldn't care, life is unfair.

hutch

« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2013, 11:13:25 am »

capitalism baby....

you might better spend your time weeping about the food you are able to gorge yourself with while kids die of hunger in Africa... or the US...

I'm happy Lou Reed got his transplant.. he's contributed far more to my life than somebody I don't even know.. he's given me great pleasure.... if he can get a liver transplant should i expect him to turn it down and die?...

"Lou Reed died today at the age of 71. He took a stand on 'liver transplant eligibility" issues. Mr. Reed is survived by his spouse Laurie Anderson. Donations on behalf of Mr. Reed can be sent to the 'Older people don't deserve a new liver, let them die, the young are our future' Foundation."

give me a break.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #395 on: June 06, 2013, 07:17:46 pm »

stevewizzle

« Reply #396 on: June 06, 2013, 07:26:23 pm »
what on earth are you doing reading masslive.com?

WaPo Link

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #397 on: June 06, 2013, 07:51:16 pm »
i read . . . all

i am gay and i like cats

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #399 on: June 08, 2013, 08:53:10 am »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #400 on: June 09, 2013, 06:21:21 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #401 on: June 09, 2013, 06:31:05 pm »
"you might better spend your time weeping about the food you are able to gorge yourself with while kids die of hunger in Africa... or the US..."

you know . . . that is an interesting way to look at it.  thank you hutch for all you do for me.

hutch

« Reply #402 on: June 09, 2013, 07:06:03 pm »
"you might better spend your time weeping about the food you are able to gorge yourself with while kids die of hunger in Africa... or the US..."

you know . . . that is an interesting way to look at it.  thank you hutch for all you do for me.

this from the guy who comes down on Lou Reed for getting a liver transplant... I guess you also think Phil Lesh should have just died.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #403 on: June 09, 2013, 09:02:02 pm »
who hasnt thought that about phil

hutch

« Reply #404 on: June 09, 2013, 09:52:59 pm »
who hasnt thought that about phil

well..I will admit whenever it has been my fortune to hear him "sing" the thought has crossed my mind...

:D