Author Topic: For Walky  (Read 652109 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: For Walky
« Reply #645 on: December 20, 2013, 11:53:28 am »
stay classy duck dynasty

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson-equates-homosexuality-bestiality-article-1.1551556

paula deen and her lost empire . . . is laughing

Not sure exactly the point you are attempting to make here, but I fail to see anything un-classy about the following...

"?It seems like, to me, a vagina?as a man?would be more desirable than a man?s anus. That?s just me. I?m just thinking: There?s more there! She?s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I?m saying? But hey, sin: It?s not logical, my man. It?s just not logical.?

Also I fail to see anything that is "equating homosexuality with bestiality" as the headline erroneously states or anything that is an "anti gay tirade" as Yahoo describe this.

what part of saying that homosexuality is equal to sex with animals and terrorism, and that black people were happier before the civil rights movement . . . do you find "classy?"

atomic

« Reply #646 on: December 20, 2013, 12:08:28 pm »
stay classy duck dynasty

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson-equates-homosexuality-bestiality-article-1.1551556

Not sure exactly the point you are attempting to make here, but I fail to see anything un-classy about the following...

"?It seems like, to me, a vagina?as a man?would be more desirable than a man?s anus. That?s just me. I?m just thinking: There?s more there! She?s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I?m saying? But hey, sin: It?s not logical, my man. It?s just not logical.?

Also I fail to see anything that is "equating homosexuality with bestiality" as the headline erroneously states or anything that is an "anti gay tirade" as Yahoo describe this.

what part of saying that homosexuality is equal to sex with animals and terrorism, and that black people were happier before the civil rights movement . . . do you find "classy?"

I don't see anything in the interview worthy of him getting fired from his job.  And your comment isn't what he said.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #647 on: December 20, 2013, 12:19:18 pm »
bashing gay people is a done deal in this country.  people dont say the n word in front of black people, because they will get killed.  straight people are soon going to learn . . . we have had enough.

atomic

« Reply #648 on: December 20, 2013, 12:35:08 pm »
bashing gay people is a done deal in this country.  people dont say the n word in front of black people, because they will get killed.  straight people are soon going to learn . . . we have had enough.

He wasn't bashing gay people and he is entitled to his opinion. It wasn't on the show so who cares?  We have the Landover NFL teams name which is highly offensive and no one cares.  ANd why can't you say the "N" word in front of black people they do it themselves and they rap it in their "songs". 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #649 on: December 20, 2013, 12:43:52 pm »

Yada

« Reply #650 on: December 20, 2013, 02:30:44 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #651 on: December 20, 2013, 02:36:05 pm »
he does look . . . likes hes the man on the mountain, about to fall down drunk.

Yada

« Reply #652 on: December 20, 2013, 02:57:17 pm »
I can't believe you're offended by a Duck Dynasty character, walky.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #653 on: December 20, 2013, 03:15:00 pm »
you know . . . somebody told me that they know for a fact that the show is scripted and fake, and the people on there were nothing like that, less than three to five years ago.  they told me it was the greatest pr move that aande and duckdynasty have ever come up with.  looking at it from that angle, good god.  now i dont care.  i shouldnt have cared in the first place . . . but gay issues make me mental crazy, like a cat on catnip eating its way through the bag of dry food.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #654 on: December 20, 2013, 04:16:39 pm »
Elderly hunting enthusiasts from the Deep South have out-of-date views on homosexuality and race relations? Someone stop the presses, no one saw this coming!

I mean, I'm not condoning what the guy said at all (although it probably only rises to the level of "ignorant" and not full-blown "hateful") but is this really surprising? I have never even seen this show and I could've told you the cast would probably have some out-of-touch worldviews on social issues.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #655 on: December 20, 2013, 05:06:11 pm »
The Robertsons made it clear that Duck Dynasty would only continue if Phil is in it because ?we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm.?

I can't imagine that the network won't cave at this point.  They will just move it to another network.  This has to be the stupidest thing ever.  You should be able to say things off camera that you want.  Freedom of speech.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #656 on: December 20, 2013, 05:15:28 pm »
I'm pretty sure "Duck Dynasty" is owned by A&E and the cast has non-competes for the duration. They can't just move it to another network. (At least not with the same name.)

Although yes, they will clearly let him back in circa 2 weeks as long as he keeps his mouth shut.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #657 on: December 20, 2013, 05:26:02 pm »
you know  . . . i think ill watch an episode tonight just to see what it is all about.  oh my god, this pr move they made, is good.  real good.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #658 on: December 21, 2013, 04:53:41 am »
stay classy duck dynasty

I did not read hat he said that anywhere.  I posted the quote directly from the article.  The only thing I ever saw that hinted about animals was the headline that yahoo created in a sad attempt to sensationalize things.  If he actually said that I missed it.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #659 on: December 21, 2013, 04:54:56 am »
stay classy duck dynasty

I don't see anything in the interview worthy of him getting fired from his job.  And your comment isn't what he said.

My quote came directly form the article listed in the original post and was listed there as a direct quote of the interview by the interviewee.
FUKIT