Author Topic: For Walky  (Read 659425 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: For Walky
« Reply #660 on: December 21, 2013, 04:55:49 am »
bashing gay people is a done deal in this country.  people dont say the n word in front of black people, because they will get killed.  straight people are soon going to learn . . . we have had enough.

He wasn't bashing gay people and he is entitled to his opinion. It wasn't on the show so who cares?  We have the Landover NFL teams name which is highly offensive and no one cares.  ANd why can't you say the "N" word in front of black people they do it themselves and they rap it in their "songs". 

The name if the Washington football is not even slightly offensive to me.  Just saying.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #661 on: December 21, 2013, 04:58:52 am »
you know . . . somebody told me that they know for a fact that the show is scripted and fake, and the people on there were nothing like that, less than three to five years ago.  they told me it was the greatest pr move that aande and duckdynasty have ever come up with.  looking at it from that angle, good god.  now i dont care.  i shouldnt have cared in the first place . . . but gay issues make me mental crazy, like a cat on catnip eating its way through the bag of dry food.

EVERYTHING on TV is scripted.  There is absolutely nothing about ANY reality show that is 'real'.  As for the comments he made, the fact that I see absolutely nothing offensive with what he said doe snot mean that I agree with his opinions.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #662 on: December 21, 2013, 05:09:57 am »
Elderly hunting enthusiasts from the Deep South have out-of-date views on homosexuality and race relations? Someone stop the presses, no one saw this coming!

I mean, I'm not condoning what the guy said at all (although it probably only rises to the level of "ignorant" and not full-blown "hateful") but is this really surprising? I have never even seen this show and I could've told you the cast would probably have some out-of-touch worldviews on social issues.

I do not think it is ignorance at all.  he has strong religious beliefs and stands by them.  He never said he hated anyone or that it was his place to judge, but God's.  The man thinks homosexuality is a sin.  Big deal.  Just as it is no big deal who Walky or anyone else choose to have a relationship with.

On a side note, it would really be a good thing for this country as a whole to get over the games it (led by the media) plays by baiting us all into spending so much time and effort on surface issues that don't mean shit in the greater scope of things and stared working on real problems and REAL solutions.  For way to long we have been going down the road of making band-aid solutions that do nothing so solve problems but make us feel good about ourselves all of which has been greatly exacerbated over the last 5+ years.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #663 on: December 21, 2013, 05:11:10 am »
I'm pretty sure "Duck Dynasty" is owned by A&E and the cast has non-competes for the duration. They can't just move it to another network. (At least not with the same name.)

Although yes, they will clearly let him back in circa 2 weeks as long as he keeps his mouth shut.

he only opened his mouth because he was asked a direct question to which he gave an honest answer.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #664 on: December 21, 2013, 05:13:13 am »
you know  . . . i think ill watch an episode tonight just to see what it is all about.  oh my god, this pr move they made, is good.  real good.

Its a cross between a real life Beverly Hillbilllys, Andy Of Mayberry, and any hunting show ever produced.  Perhaps with an extra helping of red neck.
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #665 on: December 21, 2013, 08:53:21 am »
rb . . . i love you, man.  you always come out of the woods at the most perfect times.  controversies are, my duck call

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #666 on: December 21, 2013, 11:33:23 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xg2G_oINqc

please . . . support this organization.  no words can put into perspective, how awesome they are!

stevewizzle

« Reply #667 on: December 21, 2013, 01:25:46 pm »
Elderly hunting enthusiasts from the Deep South have out-of-date views on homosexuality and race relations? Someone stop the presses, no one saw this coming!

I mean, I'm not condoning what the guy said at all (although it probably only rises to the level of "ignorant" and not full-blown "hateful") but is this really surprising? I have never even seen this show and I could've told you the cast would probably have some out-of-touch worldviews on social issues.

I do not think it is ignorance at all.  he has strong religious beliefs and stands by them.  He never said he hated anyone or that it was his place to judge, but God's.  The man thinks homosexuality is a sin.  Big deal.  Just as it is no big deal who Walky or anyone else choose to have a relationship with.

On a side note, it would really be a good thing for this country as a whole to get over the games it (led by the media) plays by baiting us all into spending so much time and effort on surface issues that don't mean shit in the greater scope of things and stared working on real problems and REAL solutions.  For way to long we have been going down the road of making band-aid solutions that do nothing so solve problems but make us feel good about ourselves all of which has been greatly exacerbated over the last 5+ years.

just because a belief is religious does not excuse it from being ignorant.

and yeah, your side note is true.  i'm wondering if you're self aware or realize the irony of posting this, as you've spent so much time over the years on surface issues.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #668 on: December 21, 2013, 01:31:09 pm »
you are just poking the monster

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #669 on: December 21, 2013, 02:43:45 pm »
you know, ive never been on twitter . . . no i take that back, i think i logged in on as walkonby when it first hit, but havent ever really used it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/20/justine-sacco-tweet-iac-aids-africa_n_4482502.html

but dear lord, i love it when twitter winds up, ruining your life.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #670 on: December 21, 2013, 04:08:33 pm »
im enjoying . . . the shrapnel

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/21/duck-dynasty-cracker-barrel-phil-robertson-boycott/

go to their facebook page, and read the comments from today.  priceless.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #671 on: December 21, 2013, 04:14:30 pm »

just because a belief is religious does not excuse it from being ignorant.

and yeah, your side note is true.  i'm wondering if you're self aware or realize the irony of posting this, as you've spent so much time over the years on surface issues.

A religious belief has nothing to do with whether someone is ignorant.

You have no idea what amount of effort I put into working on real solutions to issues that go on in either my life or the world in general.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #672 on: December 21, 2013, 04:16:38 pm »
im enjoying . . . the shrapnel

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/21/duck-dynasty-cracker-barrel-phil-robertson-boycott/

go to their facebook page, and read the comments from today.  priceless.

I literally laughed at this little bit of he most blatant pot > kettle > black event in the history of mankind.  CB has one of the worst ever track records of overtly being intolerant of others and treating segments of society as even les than second class citizens.
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #673 on: December 21, 2013, 04:18:14 pm »
and here, i thought you were going to yell at me, for reading tmz.  have a wonderful holiday, rb!

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #674 on: December 21, 2013, 04:24:06 pm »
rb . . . i love you, man.  you always come out of the woods at the most perfect times.  controversies are, my duck call

If my presence in any way adds to your life experiences in a positive way then I am happy!  Even though we have never met I do consider you a friend and would welcome you into my home any time. 
FUKIT