Author Topic: Come on, admit it. What celebrity actors have u seen play music live?  (Read 5582 times)

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
Juliette Lewis and the Licks
Jared Leto (30 Seconds to Mars)
3MTA3

Kubacheck

I wouldn't travel to see most actors-turned-musicians, but since I live near the Rams Head, I generally figure I might as well check them out if one of them comes through here, so off the top of my head I've seen:

Kevin Costner (and Modern West)
Billy Bob Thornton (and The Boxmasters)
Kevin Bacon (The Bacon Brothers)
Minnie Driver
The John Corbett Band

Ms. Driver is the only one that I went to see a 2nd time, although if Thornton came through again, I'd probably go again..... out of the above list, I'd say Minnie's the most musically talented, she sang mostly accompanied only by herself on an acoustic guitar.... the first time I saw her, she did what it seems like a lot of them do (in interviews or on stage), which is to spend a lot of time explaining why they're not just another "actor turned musician", that they're really musicians that got into acting as a sideline.... the 2nd time she just sang and played..... Costner and Corbett did the age old "play an acoustic guitar with a really loud band behind you so no one can really hear your weak voice and guitar playing", their bands were really the stars of their shows..... Billy Bob's show was probably the most entertaining, but that's probably not surprising...... the Bacon Brothers were pretty bland... not horrible, and they seem ok as musicians, but just meh......

bearman🐻

I don't ever recall seeing actors singing/performing in a rock show, but I've seen a few hanging out and watching the stage. I saw Frank Black on his first solo tour in 1993 and the girl who played the first Becky in Roseanne was there. Coachella in 1994 I saw Adam Goldberg, Nina Ricci and Jack Black hanging out. But one of my favorite sightings was Henry Rollins' mom and stepdad at one of his shows while he was shirtless, sweaty and screaming. They were just adorable.

azaghal1981

She and Him.
Scarlet Johanson with the Jesus and Mary Chain
Seth.
احمد

Yada

I saw Seth drum with JSBX once.

is Seth a celebrity actor? word!

I saw him drum with I want to say Trouble Funk.

He played Corky in Life Goes On.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
seth has also sat in on percussions with Thievery Corp.
<sig>

Sir HC

How can I forget Ice-T (Lollapalooza).  Think I saw Mos Def once, I think...

azaghal1981

If Mos Def counts then add him to my list as well. Twice.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
in their defense, Ice-T and MD were musicians before they became actors/celebrities.  it's not like most others in this thread, who tried to parlay their hollywood status into musical legitimacy (with varying degrees of success).
<sig>

azaghal1981

Speaking of, I so could go for a Bodycount reformation right now.
احمد

Unsanity

I remember like 7 years ago Body Count was supposed to reunite and play Jaxx Niteclub haha.

Sir HC

I think the band P with Johnny Depp was pretty legit.  He was effectively in the background on bass with Gibby Haynes in the spotlight.  Album is pretty good.

jrho

I saw Christian Kane play once when Leverage was starting to get popular. He puts on a good show.

moeszyslak

in their defense, Ice-T and MD were musicians before they became actors/celebrities.  it's not like most others in this thread, who tried to parlay their hollywood status into musical legitimacy (with varying degrees of success).

Mos Def was a actor.  Not a hit by any means, but he was on The Cosby Mysteries.  Rapping certainly is what made him famous.