Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 462830 times)

K8teebug

Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 02:13:19 pm »
I just really would like to talk about the Orioles.  I am not on the Nationals thread talking crap about how you've only had a team for x number of years, blah blah blah.  So, please get over it and let us talk baseball.

K8teebug

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 02:14:37 pm »
If the Nationals are your team, please feel free to talk about how much you think the Orioles organization screwed over your team on the Nationals thread.

Thanks.

Nigel Tufnel

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 02:21:31 pm »
I don't think you will find any O's fan that is also a Angelos fan.

Of course not.. having said that it is the ORIOLES organization that shafted and continues to shaft the Nationals in this case taking our money for NOTHING.  It is the ORIOLES organization that prevented DC from getting a team for YEARs so DC peeps had to get on 495 during frickin' rush hour to get to the ballgame.

As far as fans.. I think Orioles fans are close to the best there is although they were lame at the one Orioles-Nats game I saw here in DC..fortunately a Nats player hit a home run in extra innings to shut them up when they were woopin' it up as if they'd won the game (they were leading). I think it was Ronnie Belliard that hit the home run.

I have been to many games at Camden Yards and had many great times.. I love the place. Far better than Nats Stadium. I'm just not going to sit here and hold back on how much the Orioles are screwing the Nats and how there are far too many people in DC that say "Oh, the Nats are my 2nd team" as if that means anything! You live in a town for 20 years and can't get behind your local team because your grandaddy took you to a Yankee game when you were 7???

Have you been following the story about the Nats TV rights?  They're about to get a big payout that may actually be prefereable to owning 100% of their own RSN.  So quit yer whining.

hutch

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 03:01:48 pm »
as I said .. there should not be an Orioles thread on here at all.. the 930 Club is in DC.. this is Nats town..should we start a Braves thread too? Because Richmond is Braves country and plenty of people from Richmond come to DC to the 930!

I will continue talking about whatever I feel like until the administrators decide to ban me thank you very much. And if you don't like it too bad. I don't like having an Orioles thread on here either!

Moreover, I think there was plenty of Orioles content in my posts.. if you don't like it too bad..not sure what your problem is with the truth.. I did say I much prefer Camden Yards, had great time there, and that Orioles fans are pretty much the best.. what more do you want from me??? the reality is the Orioles screwed over DC big time and I ain't going to forget it.. and the reality is that people saying they are fans of another team first and the Nats second means they are not really fans at all.

Its awfully convenient for Orioles fans to celebrate their team for their wins and blame Angelos for every bad thing the Orioles have done or will do..

I'm sure the Orioles fans here are the ones foaming at the mouth that the Post gives me more coverage to the Nats.. well tough shit.. its DC.

K8teebug

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 03:08:58 pm »
Well, I guess we should ban all discussion of out of town shows, merriweather shows, ottobar and sonar shows too.  just asking for a little respect for those of us on here who are Orioles fans and want to talk baseball (much how there's also a soccer thread).

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2012, 03:09:13 pm »
there should not be an Orioles thread on here at all..

I will continue talking about whatever I feel like...And if you don't like it too bad.

Logic like this is why I have quickly come to find you one of the more "difficult" people on the board.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2012, 03:15:30 pm »
Well, I guess we should ban all discussion of out of town shows, merriweather shows, ottobar and sonar shows too.  just asking for a little respect for those of us on here who are Orioles fans and want to talk baseball (much how there's also a soccer thread).

I see..I'm sorry I disrespected you by calling Orioles fans among the best and praising their stadium.

hutch

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 03:20:35 pm »
there should not be an Orioles thread on here at all..

I will continue talking about whatever I feel like...And if you don't like it too bad.

Logic like this is why I have quickly come to find you one of the more "difficult" people on the board.

There is nothing logical or illogical about my statements cited by you up above. They are just statements: 1. Should not be an Orioles thread. Its a statement of opinion. 2. I will talk about what I want. 3. If you don't like it too bad. These are just statements. You are free to disagree or dislike them but what IS illogical is for you to say the statements lack logic.

You talk a big game and run around here posting "Smackie right as usual" and sharing with us your riveting conversations with your brother in law but I've come to find you highly annoying with your know it all attitude.

Still waiting on your Tevez mea culpa but I'm guessing that won't be coming.. you only like to tell us you're right; at least have the decency to admit that once in a while, like most people, you're either wrong or full of shit.

Instead I'm pretty sure we'll get more crap about you made a killing betting on Team A or Team B or something else designed to try to convince us how clever you are.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:22:19 pm by hutch »

vansmack

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2012, 03:32:56 pm »
There is nothing logical or illogical about my statements cited by you up above. They are just statements: 1. Should not be an Orioles thread. Its a statement of opinion. 2. I will talk about what I want. 3. If you don't like it too bad. These are just statements. You are free to disagree or dislike them but what IS illogical is for you to say the statements lack logic.

What you said was that you were free to talk about what you'd like and others are not.

You don't have to be as brilliant as I am, and yes, I am truly brilliant, to know that if you don't want to talk about the Orioles, than don't click a thread titled, in all caps, which I can only assume was for emphasis, "ORIOLES"

That's sage advice that I won't even charge you for.
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2012, 03:51:41 pm »
Well, I am excited to see if Tommy Hunter can pitch well tonight against the Mets.  I'm a little worried that batting against a knuckleballer last night threw off our batters' game.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012, 04:29:08 pm »
Back in March I went up to Boston for the weekend and was wearing my O's hat.   I had so many people fist pump me, yell out 'Go O's' , and talk to me about the Orioles......it was completely unexpected. I guess people generally like the O's because they are one of the 'old' ball clubs.  Also on that trip a Yankees fan came up to me in a bar and told me how much he liked the O's but how Peter Angelos was ruining the organization.  Again, not a conversation I was expecting at all.   This was before the season even started.

Nigel Tufnel

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2012, 04:32:13 pm »
2. I will talk about what I want. 3. If you don't like it too bad.

High irony from the guy who wants to delete the O's thread.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 04:37:00 pm »
This thread is miles better than the Nats thread.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2012, 04:40:01 pm »
This thread is miles better than the Nats thread.
TAKE THAT TALK BACK TO BALTIMORE
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »
Back in March I went up to Boston for the weekend and was wearing my O's hat.   I had so many people fist pump me, yell out 'Go O's' , and talk to me about the Orioles......it was completely unexpected. I guess people generally like the O's because they are one of the 'old' ball clubs.  Also on that trip a Yankees fan came up to me in a bar and told me how much he liked the O's but how Peter Angelos was ruining the organization.  Again, not a conversation I was expecting at all.   This was before the season even started.

Orioles are cool..their history, or that of their namesake (it was a different franchise) pre-turn of 20th century, is really interesting.. the "Orioles" back then were the furthest thing possible from the "Oriole way". a bunch of wily cheats!