Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1168266 times)

azaghal1981

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2012, 09:26:17 pm »
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2012, 07:37:06 am »
so . . . how were those disco biscuits and their lovely bunch of fans?

stevewizzle

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2012, 09:46:22 am »
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/30/the-busy-trap/

great opinion on everybody's false sense of importance.

azaghal1981

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2012, 12:33:00 pm »
PT is down but you already knew that.

احمد

azaghal1981

احمد

azaghal1981

احمد

hutch

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2012, 12:24:27 am »
Chris Cristie's buffonary will never cease to amaze me.

what amazes me are that liberal friends of mine LIKE him.. they think he's a straight talker or something.. will "get things done"

he's a horse's ass! and if you ask me he's also a bully...

i'm seriously having trouble comprehending what people see in him?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2012, 09:31:36 am »
Between Christie and the cast of Jersey Shore, I'm more and more believing that our greatest natural border is the Delaware Bay which separates New Jersey from the DelMarVa peninsula. I use to bitch about how expensive the Lewes/Cape May ferry is but now I'm realizing that that's a blessing in disguise.

azaghal1981

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2012, 10:17:42 am »
Oops, that should be buffoonery.

But yeah, he's a disgusting waste of space that belongs in some random NJ living room in front of a TV surrounded by beer cans. Not in the governor's mansion of any state.

احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2012, 12:26:09 pm »
Oh boy. Here we go.

احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2012, 02:26:58 pm »
Oh boy. Here we go.

what i expected . . . nothing more to see.

Relaxer

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2012, 05:06:51 pm »
In listening to the new, kinda boring Hives album, it makes me think they should reinvent themselves as a "punk rock" kids band, like a hardcore version of the Wiggles. They've pretty much taken the indie rock thing as far as they're going to take it, and this could extend their career another 5-10 years.

They've got the wacky synchronized outfits happening, and their sound these days is way watered down while still being somewhat catchy. I'm pretty smart so they should take my advice.
oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2012, 05:11:33 pm »
Worked for They Might be Giants.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2012, 10:40:41 am »
From U ST Music Hall Facebook:
Saturday night at U Street Music Hall
by Will Eastman on Monday, July 9, 2012 at 4:58pm ·

Dear friends,

It's just come to my attention that Saturday night a security guard hired on contract at U Street Music Hall attempted to ask two men to leave the club for dancing with one another in a sexual manner. I'm aghast at hearing this. While the security guard was fired on the spot, I want to take this opportunity to say that I apologize to our community, especially our friends in the LGBT community, and I'm working right now to ensure this never happens at the club again.

As we expected a large crowd and long line Sat we brought in extra security on contract. This was a guard who evidently wasn't familiar with our culture at U Hall and had never worked at the space. If I were there I would have fired him myself and given him a few choice words. I don't know what else to say other than everyone at U Hall is just completely floored that this happened. I want to commend our two staff security guards who stepped in and prevented anyone being from being made to leave and our GM who made sure this individual was fired.

Hearing this situation breaks my heart to know that for two men just out having a good time at a night that was all about inclusion and feeling good about life and the future someone representing U Hall acted in a disrespectful and biased manner. U Hall supports everyone's rights and we'll continue to do so as long as we're around. If anyone knows the individuals who were approached by the security guard please ask them to contact me so that I can offer them a personal apology. I would DJ and host a free night at U Hall for them and all their friends and DJs in our community. Shirts not allowed.

If anyone has any questions or concerns or if you experience anything that just ain't right at U Hall please reach out to me directly at will@ustreetmusichall.com and I will do my best to address it immediately. Thank you to everyone who came out to the club over the weekend and thank you for helping make U Hall a supportive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment.

Will