Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1172504 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2012, 05:23:51 pm »
He is in no way far enough to the left for me to support

No one in the history of our country has been as far radical left as Bammy.  Don't hold your breath waiting, better yet... ;)

And there's no way you believe this. Unless you really know nothing about nothing.

Just want to point out that "knowing nothing about nothing" would mean I know everything.

Touche. Fixed.

I still say you don't really believe that Obama is the most liberal politician in American history. There are countless senators and congressmen in office right now that are way far left of him.

Actually I did mis-speak.  I intended to say that no PRESIDENT.  Of course we are all talking opinions here so others here may not agree (ya think?) but Bammy is extremely left wing and EASILY the most left wing president in my lifetime.  For reference I have been voting in presidential elections since the Nixon/Humphrey/Wallace election.  It may surprise you to know that I do NOT vote in any election based on party.  I vote for the person that I think is best for the job.  On more than one occasion i cast a vote for someone from each of the two major parties and at least once for a third party candidate.

If you think President Obama is so extremely left wing you need to get out more.. travel the world.. read a book for a change.

And if you're casting a vote for someone from each of the two major parties you're committing voter fraud.  ;D

azaghal1981

« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2012, 05:36:33 pm »
FDR, Kennedy, LBJ and arguably Nixon, George HW Bush and Reagan were more liberal than Obama. But OK RB, keep right on drinking that Fox News/Rush Kool-Aid.

The fact that history does not appear to be your strong suit is bad enough. Your living through it and apparent inability to remember any of it says even more about you.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:45:48 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2012, 02:14:28 pm »

No one in the history of our country has been as far radical left as Bammy.  Don't hold your breath waiting, better yet... ;)

And there's no way you believe this. Unless you really know nothing about nothing.

Just want to point out that "knowing nothing about nothing" would mean I know everything.

Touche. Fixed.

I still say you don't really believe that Obama is the most liberal politician in American history. There are countless senators and congressmen in office right now that are way far left of him.

Actually I did mis-speak.  I intended to say that no PRESIDENT.  Of course we are all talking opinions here so others here may not agree (ya think?) but Bammy is extremely left wing and EASILY the most left wing president in my lifetime.  For reference I have been voting in presidential elections since the Nixon/Humphrey/Wallace election.  It may surprise you to know that I do NOT vote in any election based on party.  I vote for the person that I think is best for the job.  On more than one occasion i cast a vote for someone from each of the two major parties and at least once for a third party candidate.

If you think President Obama is so extremely left wing you need to get out more.. travel the world.. read a book for a change.

And if you're casting a vote for someone from each of the two major parties you're committing voter fraud.  ;D

Traveling the world would not change my opinion that Bammy is the most left wing US president ever and my belief is that people who vote based solely on the label (party) listed next to a person's name are the ones who have no business voting.  They, in effect, are just allowing someone else to vote for them. 
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2012, 03:04:47 pm »

Touche. Fixed.

Traveling the world would not change my opinion that Bammy is the most left wing US president ever and my belief is that people who vote based solely on the label (party) listed next to a person's name are the ones who have no business voting.  They, in effect, are just allowing someone else to vote for them. 

I don't vote based on party label.. heck I didn't even vote for Bill in 1992.... but it will be a wonder if I ever vote Republican again after what W did....

Traveling the world might help you not be so ignorant. Might open up your mind to realities other than the loony right wing crap you espouse on this board. Then again it sounds like its too late for you.. you seem to think you got all the answers so its probably hopeless.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2012, 04:11:34 pm »
😐 🎶

azaghal1981

« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2012, 05:47:17 pm »
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #231 on: July 22, 2012, 08:45:36 pm »

Touche. Fixed.

I don't vote based on party label.. heck I didn't even vote for Bill in 1992.... but it will be a wonder if I ever vote Republican again after what W did....

Traveling the world might help you not be so ignorant. Might open up your mind to realities other than the loony right wing crap you espouse on this board. Then again it sounds like its too late for you.. you seem to think you got all the answers so its probably hopeless.

Sorry my last post was not trying to imply that you personally voted by party.  It was a general observation.  As far as traveling the world, I am fully aware that many leaders across history have been much more left than anything we have ever seen in this country.  Still that is not relevant to the discussion of our national leaders.  I feel sorry if you or anyone thinks it is loony to believe the governments needs to stop growing, stop getting bigger, stop creating all kind of new laws and regulations trying to inhibit free enterprise, and stop taking the hard earned wages of the citizens to fund its absurd spending in the name of the good of the people.
FUKIT

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2012, 07:53:05 am »
Hugo Chavez is left of Obama....but only just.

hutch

« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2012, 09:52:04 am »

Seriously???

Give me a break.. you must not know anything about Hugo Chavez....

I hope your statement is a joke but if its not it is emblematic of the loony right wing.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2012, 10:49:56 am »

Seriously???

I hope your statement is a joke but if its not it is emblematic of the loony right wing.

Yes it was a joke.....but you are typical of someone listing far over to the left. If someone isn't off the left deep end they must be a right wing extremist right?

There just can't be a middle ground with the lefties.

azaghal1981

« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2012, 11:00:39 am »
There is. His name is Barack Obama.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #236 on: July 23, 2012, 11:25:35 am »

Seriously???

Yes it was a joke.....but you are typical of someone listing far over to the left. If someone isn't off the left deep end they must be a right wing extremist right?

There just can't be a middle ground with the lefties.

huh? First of all I'm pretty centrist. Second of all, your statement is emblematic of the loony right wing? I mean how else could someone say President Obama is next to Hugo Chavez.. you yourself admitted it was a joke!

The ones that don't have a middle ground are the Republicans and right wingers.. just look at the House Republicans.. look at how every moderate Republican has been ran out and replaced by a right wing Republican!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #237 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24:15 pm »
Same could be said of the Dems really. Truth is, both the house and senate are very polarized at the moment.

For the record, I'm fairly centrist myself. A registered independent who votes for the candidate (for any seat) regardless of party affiliation. In the last election I didn't vote for either McCain or Obama because I refuse to negative vote (vote for one because I hate the other) and neither one appealed to me. Actually, that's not correct. McCain certainly didn't appeal and I knew nothing about Obama so wasn't about to vote into the unkown.

Relaxer

« Reply #238 on: July 23, 2012, 02:47:51 pm »
Frank Gallagher, are you a US citizen? I had this notion that you were British, like by your saying "shyte" and such.
oword

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #239 on: July 23, 2012, 02:51:20 pm »
Frank Gallagher, are you a US citizen? I had this notion that you were British, like by your saying "shyte" and such.

Yer darn toot'n I'm a yankee-doodle-dandy. I even have a pony called macaroni with a feather in it's cap!
 ;D

Born and raised in Manc......became naturalized US citizen in 1992'ish. Hold both US/UK passports