Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1168297 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2012, 05:40:02 pm »
I am convinced most ballplayers are using performance enhancing drugs.

It sucks cause every time somebody has a good year you have to consider this..its kind of ruined the game a bit for me.. I'd like it more if they made all that stuff legal and at least you knew everyone competed from the same place.

hutch

« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2012, 05:48:28 pm »
I didn't realize Ratbastard was quiet lately because he's in the far east.

Mustaine made the comments on stage at an August 7 performance in Singapore ... when he told the crowd, "Back in my country, my president ... he's trying to pass a gun ban, so he's staging all of these murders, like the 'Fast And Furious' thing down at the border ... Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there ... and now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple."
He continued, "I don't know where I'm gonna live if America keeps going the way it's going because it looks like it's turning into Nazi America."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/08/megadeth-frontman-badmouths-obama-132239.html?hp=r6

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #288 on: August 16, 2012, 02:18:40 pm »

It sucks cause every time somebody has a good year you have to consider this..its kind of ruined the game a bit for me.. I'd like it more if they made all that stuff legal and at least you knew everyone competed from the same place.

Lifting weights is performance enhancing.
Working out is performance enhancing.
Taking vitamins is performance enhancing.
Getting a good nights sleep is performance enhancing.
Batting practice is performance enhancing.

Unless a specific performance enhancement is otherwise illegal, they ought to be allowed to do whatever they damn well please (and are willing to assume the risk of) to their own bodies.  It is absurd to make some arbitrary list of some performance enhancements that are allowed and some that are not.

FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #289 on: August 16, 2012, 03:58:24 pm »

Unless a specific performance enhancement is otherwise illegal, they ought to be allowed to do whatever they damn well please (and are willing to assume the risk of) to their own bodies.  It is absurd to make some arbitrary list of some performance enhancements that are allowed and some that are not.

well i guess it is out of fairness to the people who might actually want to play baseball without using harmful drugs. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #290 on: August 16, 2012, 06:26:51 pm »

well i guess it is out of fairness to the people who might actually want to play baseball without using harmful drugs. 

As long as it isn't illegal, your point is irrelevant.  One could make the same debate about people who want to have a fair chance without working out.  Lifting weights can be dangerous.  If the substance is only legal with a prescription, as long as a doctor prescribes it, who cares?
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #291 on: August 16, 2012, 06:27:47 pm »
Remember we are JUST talking baseball.  This is basically a game where (for the vast majority of the game) seven guys stand around watching two guys play catch.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #292 on: August 16, 2012, 07:43:57 pm »
I think its more unfair not to make them legal than it is to keep them illegal.. guys like Arod.. the big guys with the huge contracts and bigtime money have contacts that let them have an edge when it comes to- lets call it- doping.. they can get the better doping doctors who have the better masking techniques etc...

there is no doubt that many players who suddenly put up huge numbers are doping... yet we all sit around getting excited about the numbers and production, and get the huge contracts, when in reality they have an unfair advantage.. i think if you opened it up everyone could compete on the same grounds

do we even know who would be better player if conditions were equal? it might not even be the guys we think are really good!

azaghal1981

« Reply #293 on: August 16, 2012, 09:31:20 pm »
There is a Youtube vid of that crazypants Alex Jones saying this making the rounds. Guessing that is where he got it.

I didn't realize Ratbastard was quiet lately because he's in the far east.

Mustaine made the comments on stage at an August 7 performance in Singapore ... when he told the crowd, "Back in my country, my president ... he's trying to pass a gun ban, so he's staging all of these murders, like the 'Fast And Furious' thing down at the border ... Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there ... and now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple."
He continued, "I don't know where I'm gonna live if America keeps going the way it's going because it looks like it's turning into Nazi America."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/08/megadeth-frontman-badmouths-obama-132239.html?hp=r6
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #294 on: August 17, 2012, 04:21:22 am »
I think its more unfair not to make them legal than it is to keep them illegal.. guys like Arod.. the big guys with the huge contracts and bigtime money have contacts that let them have an edge when it comes to- lets call it- doping.. they can get the better doping doctors who have the better masking techniques etc...

there is no doubt that many players who suddenly put up huge numbers are doping... yet we all sit around getting excited about the numbers and production, and get the huge contracts, when in reality they have an unfair advantage.. i think if you opened it up everyone could compete on the same grounds

do we even know who would be better player if conditions were equal? it might not even be the guys we think are really good!

First off, do you mean legal/illegal in a pure against the law sense or banned/not banned substances for baseball (sports)?  In my earlier post I was meaning the against the law thing.  As far as I care, as long as they are not against the law to use, I could not care less what method of improving his playing ability a player uses.  I don't see a distinction between ingesting vitamins, nutritional supplements, HGH, or steroids (setting aside the against the law issue).  It seems rather absurd to pick which (legal) means of making your body better at a given task are acceptable and which aren't.

FUKIT

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #295 on: August 17, 2012, 08:28:50 am »
Remember we are JUST talking baseball.  This is basically a game where (for the vast majority of the game) seven guys stand around watching two guys play catch.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #296 on: August 17, 2012, 10:39:11 am »
can we change the thread title to

the boring hutch versus ratbastard thread

hutch

« Reply #297 on: August 17, 2012, 10:48:12 am »
can we change the thread title to

the boring hutch versus ratbastard thread

I think we're agreeing on the baseball stuff...

hutch

« Reply #298 on: August 17, 2012, 11:01:07 am »
baby i'm bored