Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1168149 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #345 on: August 20, 2012, 01:03:04 pm »
Anyone remember when Obama said whistleblowers would and should be protected while he is in office? What happened there?

there is a difference between someone releasing secrets because they further public good, vs. being a shit-disturber like assange who releases secrets just because - and regardless of the consequences. 

i'm entirely in favor of freedom of information, free expression, etc.  but assange has taken that to dangerous extremes.  what good came from the leak of all those diplomatic cables?  none that i know of, and quite a lot of damage: names of secret informants in afghanistan and iraq were leaked and they had to run for their lives.  leaking personal notes about what one diplomat thought of a given ambassador didn't create openess - it create bad feelings and resentment.  not useful, but boy did it make assange look like some sort of an online prophet.  the man is a misdirected megalomaniac.

not everything needs to be in the public light.  if wikileaks bothered to sift through the stuff they got and post the stuff that was relevant to the public interest, i'd have a lot more respect for assange.  instead, he's a little kid running away singing "nanny nanny boo boo!" as he leaves a bag of lit poo on the world's doorstep.  he had a great idea but he wasted it on pissing people off and making a name for himself instead of taking it to somewhere useful.

if you're a true believer in wikileaks, please post a file of all your personal e-mails and your browser history.  why are you hiding that information?!?
<sig>

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2012, 01:15:57 pm »
Anyone remember when Obama said whistleblowers would and should be protected while he is in office? What happened there?

there is a difference between someone releasing secrets because they further public good, vs. being a shit-disturber like assange who releases secrets just because - and regardless of the consequences. 

i'm entirely in favor of freedom of information, free expression, etc.  but assange has taken that to dangerous extremes.  what good came from the leak of all those diplomatic cables?  none that i know of, and quite a lot of damage: names of secret informants in afghanistan and iraq were leaked and they had to run for their lives.  leaking personal notes about what one diplomat thought of a given ambassador didn't create openess - it create bad feelings and resentment.  not useful, but boy did it make assange look like some sort of an online prophet.  the man is a misdirected megalomaniac.

not everything needs to be in the public light.  if wikileaks bothered to sift through the stuff they got and post the stuff that was relevant to the public interest, i'd have a lot more respect for assange.  instead, he's a little kid running away singing "nanny nanny boo boo!" as he leaves a bag of lit poo on the world's doorstep.  he had a great idea but he wasted it on pissing people off and making a name for himself instead of taking it to somewhere useful.

if you're a true believer in wikileaks, please post a file of all your personal e-mails and your browser history.  why are you hiding that information?!?

...don't forget your ss#, banking information and credit card account information.

hutch

« Reply #347 on: August 20, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »
i have a hard time believing there is some plot to get him extradited to Sweden on false charges.. the Swedes don't strike me as playing those games.. he's wanted for, I think, rape. I say he accept the extradition and deal with the consequences in Sweden. I can't believe people are up in arms about defending this guy..

azaghal1981

« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »
He has said he would return to Sweden and face the charges if he could get a guarantee from the Swedes that they would not extradite him.
And nobody has said that he shouldn't be held accountable if he did in fact assault these girls.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #349 on: August 20, 2012, 05:26:39 pm »
He has said he would return to Sweden and face the charges if he could get a guarantee from the Swedes that they would not extradite him.
And nobody has said that he shouldn't be held accountable if he did in fact assault these girls.

I don't believe he is in a position to make demands, do you? He is facing charges for rape. He gets no "break".

He has to face the justice system like anybody else. I have no way of knowing if Sweden would extradite him but I doubt it but it is laughable to say he gets to ask for guarantees.. would I get to ask for a guarantee? Of course not. The Swedish justice system cannot made deals with potential criminals before they are even in Sweden. It just doesn't work like that.

I know you look at him as some sort of modern day hero but I would urge you to think about it. Rape is a serious deal and to imply, as you do, that this is all being made up by Sweden seems a little lacking in seriousness. Sweden is not Ecuador, for example, a country which is a banana republic run by a bad excuse for an authoritarian populist who disregards the rule of law.

ANd you say "nobody has said he should not be held accountable".. well how is he going to be held accountable if he does not go back to Sweden and hides in the Embassy of Ecuador?

Honestly, your position is untenable.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:28:22 pm by hutch »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »
I can understand why people would think it would be cool to have a black president, but people thought a father/son presidency would be cool? Really?

And what is their really to respect about GW Bush?

I cannot understand either, but I am absolutely 100% sure that it is the case.

FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #351 on: August 20, 2012, 06:47:04 pm »
I've hear word that you're not going to get the chance. Obama is going to declare himself dictator. There isn't going to be any election.

I've never voted negative (voting for one simply because you don't like the other) In 08 I left my Presidential ballot blank because I certainly didn't want McCain and was very suspicious of Obama...he came from nowhere. Neither one were worthy of my vote.

This time may be different. We just HAVE to get Obama and his left wing radical cabinet out, so I'll probably vote for Romney for that reason alone....then I'll go take a long hot shower.

He doesn't have to.  He has already proclaimed himself the saviour and so many of the lemmings and uneducated have fallen for it! :)
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #352 on: August 20, 2012, 06:50:33 pm »
so what is the difference between legitimate rape and forcible rape?

FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #353 on: August 20, 2012, 07:16:06 pm »
FUKIT

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #354 on: August 20, 2012, 08:07:56 pm »
really?
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #355 on: August 20, 2012, 10:44:55 pm »
Republican working hard to lock up the rapist constituency vote. Now I see why they picked Paul Ryan. His track record as a leader on "forcible rape" really helps woo the rapist vote.

hutch

« Reply #356 on: August 20, 2012, 11:07:03 pm »
"Its a war on women.. its a war on women.. you have to die.. you have to die"

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #357 on: August 20, 2012, 11:09:20 pm »
Republican working hard to lock up the rapist constituency vote. Now I see why they picked Paul Ryan. His track record as a leader on "forcible rape" really helps woo the rapist vote.

This is just an absurd statement. You are really stretching here.

By no means am I meaning to defend Republicans, especially Ryan, since I have no respect for the party itself nor the man, but this is a seriously dumb accusation.

If you chose to be honest, you'd find that there are a whole lot of good Republicans and Democrats. These people are trying to be good people and lean towards one or the other based on which direction they believe will best obtain that goal. It's tough choosing a side since both of the official parties have been completely corrupted. Those who slash out and throw any old kind of insult, regardless of validity, towards either party blindly across the board are drunk on their own preferred flavor of Kool-Aid. You've just regurgitated your own.

On another note, Akin is one Hell of a psycho! I don't get the difference either, in his warped mind, what the differences are supposed to be regarding rape. That whacko probably thinks one is 'she said no but meant yes' for the lesser. Or maybe if it's done by a spouse or partner. Yeah, right, asshole Akin! You (Hutch) and I are of the same mind on that issue. That idiot just wrote his own pink slip, thankfully.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:11:49 pm by Jaguar »

azaghal1981

« Reply #358 on: August 21, 2012, 01:34:10 am »
I don't think it is asking much of Sweden to guarantee no extradition to a country in which he could face the death penalty.

I don't believe he is in a position to make demands, do you? He is facing charges for rape. He gets no "break".

He has to face the justice system like anybody else. I have no way of knowing if Sweden would extradite him but I doubt it but it is laughable to say he gets to ask for guarantees.. would I get to ask for a guarantee? Of course not. The Swedish justice system cannot made deals with potential criminals before they are even in Sweden. It just doesn't work like that.

I know you look at him as some sort of modern day hero but I would urge you to think about it. Rape is a serious deal and to imply, as you do, that this is all being made up by Sweden seems a little lacking in seriousness. Sweden is not Ecuador, for example, a country which is a banana republic run by a bad excuse for an authoritarian populist who disregards the rule of law.

ANd you say "nobody has said he should not be held accountable".. well how is he going to be held accountable if he does not go back to Sweden and hides in the Embassy of Ecuador?

Honestly, your position is untenable.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #359 on: August 21, 2012, 02:17:04 pm »
welcome to america . . . land of the stupid white fuckheads.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-army-battling-racists-within-own-ranks-050115179.html