Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1167851 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2012, 04:42:37 pm »
welcome to america . . . land of the stupid white fuckheads.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-army-battling-racists-within-own-ranks-050115179.html

hmmmm...so only whites are racist then???

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #361 on: August 21, 2012, 05:10:09 pm »
as mentioned on the last page, I have a laundry list of reasons (will touch on only a few items here) why I cannot in good conscience vote Obama. Granted most of them are due to pressure from Wall ST., to the health/pharmie industry to defense contractors to AIPAC but a good president should be able to stand up to that pressure and keep promises that he made and squeeze his agenda through (Bush tax cuts for rich should have been repealed in 2010, the health care act should have a public option in it to name a couple).  Especially since he had a super majority in the Senate and a majority in the house! Other presidents have gotten their agendas through with a lot less. Also, there are the 180's he has made in office. The two most glaring are the fact that he has done little to close Gitmo and his failure to hold the Israeli government's feet to the fire with regard to illegal settlements. Instead, he gave that embarrassing abortion of a speech at the UN last September. And then there were the dickings over of great Americans who legitimately want  to change the US  for the better regardless of who is trying to stop them like Elizabeth Warren and Van Jones. I suppose he could grow a pair in term 2 (which I still have trouble not seeing him win) but I totally feel let down and a bit slighted after the first one.

if you feel let down and slighted after an obama term, how do you think you'll feel after a romney/ryan term?  remember what we had before obama?

obama said he'd close gitmo and he hasn't.  at least he's on record as saying he would, and he could be held accountable for it.  should the political/security/etc situation change, it could be brought up again.  what do you think the chances are that romney will close it, given that he has never said he would?

obama hasn't accomplished half of what he said he would.  but my bigger fear is romney/ryan being given a chance to accomplish half of what they say they will.  having to choose the lesser evil sucks, but it's a valid choice.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #362 on: August 21, 2012, 05:11:19 pm »
I don't think it is asking much of Sweden to guarantee no extradition to a country in which he could face the death penalty.
He has said he would return to Sweden and face the charges if he could get a guarantee from the Swedes that they would not extradite him.
And nobody has said that he shouldn't be held accountable if he did in fact assault these girls.

I don't believe he is in a position to make demands, do you? He is facing charges for rape. He gets no "break".

He has to face the justice system like anybody else. I have no way of knowing if Sweden would extradite him but I doubt it but it is laughable to say he gets to ask for guarantees.. would I get to ask for a guarantee? Of course not. The Swedish justice system cannot made deals with potential criminals before they are even in Sweden. It just doesn't work like that.

I know you look at him as some sort of modern day hero but I would urge you to think about it. Rape is a serious deal and to imply, as you do, that this is all being made up by Sweden seems a little lacking in seriousness. Sweden is not Ecuador, for example, a country which is a banana republic run by a bad excuse for an authoritarian populist who disregards the rule of law.

ANd you say "nobody has said he should not be held accountable".. well how is he going to be held accountable if he does not go back to Sweden and hides in the Embassy of Ecuador?

Honestly, your position is untenable.

This is baloney. He simply is a coward. I have to disagree with many liberals on this guy.  I think there is no chance he would get the death penalty in the US and I also think there is zero chance Sweden would turn him over. He's a coward and likely a rapist. Not exactly the kind of company one should keep.

I also don't know why any American would want to defend a guy who has done great damage to our national security. I guess they don't believe in State secrets or something.  I guess its "romantic" to think of this guy running around trying to take down governments, hacking, etc. but the world is not a Hollywood movie.

I think there is an element wherein people who hate the United States of America's government, even Americans, like to see this guy as some sort of hero or something. It is weird, childish, naive and worrying.

hutch

« Reply #363 on: August 21, 2012, 06:02:49 pm »
Hank Williams Jr. exhibits the mindset of many haters of President Obama.. problem is it is very dangerous. I hope they are doubling down on security for him. I really can't believe these kind of comments have any place in our society: "We?ve got a Muslim president who hates farming, hates the military, hates the U.S. and we hate him!?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #364 on: August 21, 2012, 06:15:02 pm »
country musicians who hate black people.

shocking.

country musicians who appeal to people who listen to country music, who hate black people.

even more shocking.

i suprised he didn't add in there,  "and he loves faggots too."

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #365 on: August 21, 2012, 06:18:48 pm »

obama said he'd close gitmo and he hasn't.  at least he's on record as saying he would, and he could be held obama hasn't accomplished half of what he said he would.  but my bigger fear is romney/ryan being given a chance to accomplish half of what they say they will.  having to choose the lesser evil sucks, but it's a valid choice.

LOL He hasn't done a damn thing except make us even worse off than ever before.  He "saved' us by passing a horrid bammycare package.  He has been redistributing the wealth, typical libtard "throw someone else's money at a problem and it will be fixed" attitude which NEVER works.  He promised to lower unemployment or he would not run for re-election, we see how big a lie that was.  The man and his cronies were in total control for two years and did nothing worthwhile for this country. 
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #366 on: August 21, 2012, 06:20:26 pm »
country musicians who hate black people.

shocking.

country musicians who appeal to people who listen to country music, who hate black people.

even more shocking.

i suprised he didn't add in there,  "and he loves faggots too."

LOL nice job of non-tolerance and stereotyping there guy, guess you don't practice what you preach.
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #367 on: August 21, 2012, 06:22:33 pm »
i just hate country music . . . and i got all carried away.  plus i think hank should be run over by a pizza delivery person.  thirty minutes or its free.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #368 on: August 21, 2012, 06:40:28 pm »
Isn't part of the problem surrounding the closing of Gitmo, due to the fact that there are no facilities in the US that are willing to hold them?  I recall quite  a clamor being raised on all sides regarding the potential of housing these individuals in their states, etc....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:44:03 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #369 on: August 21, 2012, 08:59:59 pm »

obama said he'd close gitmo and he hasn't.  at least he's on record as saying he would, and he could be held obama hasn't accomplished half of what he said he would.  but my bigger fear is romney/ryan being given a chance to accomplish half of what they say they will.  having to choose the lesser evil sucks, but it's a valid choice.

LOL He hasn't done a damn thing except make us even worse off than ever before.  He "saved' us by passing a horrid bammycare package.  He has been redistributing the wealth, typical libtard "throw someone else's money at a problem and it will be fixed" attitude which NEVER works.  He promised to lower unemployment or he would not run for re-election, we see how big a lie that was.  The man and his cronies were in total control for two years and did nothing worthwhile for this country. 

the two years you speak of, once Ted Kennedy died, the democrats could not block the fillibuster.. the Republicans in the Senate fillibustered 276 times! The previous record for a session had been FORTY. Republicans by the way have really screwed up the country with this insane use of the fillibuster because should they ever win control of the Senate- looking unlikely due to their attempt to cater to the rapist constituency- they are going to get the same treatment....

It is a big myth that President Obama could do whatever he wanted for two years. But don't let the truth stop you from lying ratbastard.

hutch

« Reply #370 on: August 21, 2012, 09:01:50 pm »
Isn't part of the problem surrounding the closing of Gitmo, due to the fact that there are no facilities in the US that are willing to hold them?  I recall quite  a clamor being raised on all sides regarding the potential of housing these individuals in their states, etc....

The problem is that, azaghal's vote notwithstanding, it would have been political suicide to bring those prisoners to the US or release them all... It was a tough situation with no easy answer. Of course the entire blame, once again, falls on the Republicans for getting us in the problem in the first place. as usual.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #371 on: August 21, 2012, 09:45:18 pm »

They keep it offshore so that they can skirt US law.... not that any higher level politician, of either party, follows any US laws anymore anyway.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #372 on: August 21, 2012, 10:19:26 pm »
i just hate country music . . . and i got all carried away.  plus i think hank should be run over by a pizza delivery person.  thirty minutes or its free.

LOL! :)
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #373 on: August 21, 2012, 10:20:12 pm »

the two years you speak of, once Ted Kennedy died, the democrats could not block the fillibuster.. the Republicans in the Senate fillibustered 276 times! The previous record for a session had been FORTY. Republicans by the way have really screwed up the country with this insane use of the fillibuster because should they ever win control of the Senate- looking unlikely due to their attempt to cater to the rapist constituency- they are going to get the same treatment....

It is a big myth that President Obama could do whatever he wanted for two years. But don't let the truth stop you from lying ratbastard.

Always an excuse...
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #374 on: August 21, 2012, 10:21:32 pm »

Always an excuse...

Yeah, and you know what excuse always is? The same darn one! The Republicans!!!!!!

I notice you don't address the substance of what I wrote.. typical.

LIAR!