Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1172917 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #450 on: August 31, 2012, 01:54:05 pm »

"this seat's taken"  -  obama's response.  now that was good.

azaghal1981

« Reply #451 on: September 02, 2012, 10:38:54 am »
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #452 on: September 04, 2012, 01:12:48 am »
CLINT EASTWOOD DELIVERS REMARKS AT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION

hope y'all caught jon stewart's take on eastwood's performance: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-basks-in-the-glory-of-clint-eastwoods-awesome-speech-while-tearing-apart-romneys/ (feel free to skip the article and go straight to the video, at the bottom of the text)

his conclusion is one of his best observations ever: "there is a President Obama that only Republicans can see".  classic.

<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #453 on: September 04, 2012, 01:49:05 pm »
Yes we can kill more civilians!

So yeah. Lines between the two establishment clowns have almost become blurred beyond recognition.
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #454 on: September 05, 2012, 10:38:45 pm »
Don't knock Twitter, where else can you watch a bunch of wingnuts argue with a fake twitter account for a fictional TV character.  Yup people were arguing with a fake Will McAvoy account last night...
T.Rex

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #455 on: September 06, 2012, 12:02:09 am »
Don't knock Twitter, where else can you watch a bunch of wingnuts argue with a fake twitter account for a fictional TV character.  Yup people were arguing with a fake Will McAvoy account last night...

Where else? Why, Facebook! Happens all the time.

azaghal1981

« Reply #456 on: September 06, 2012, 07:14:11 am »
Alright Hutch, even you will have to admit that the forcing in of the revision to include the "undivided Jerusalem" line into the Democratic party platform that Obama specifically ordered be included is offensive. Watch the vote then post if you have not yet already watched it.
That said, that Clinton performance is more proof of his being the greatest politician of our time.
Guy is a fucking artist.
Elizabeth Warren was awesome, too and deserves more attention. Obama does not deserve her endorsement after the way he did her wrong, IMO.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:20:15 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #457 on: September 06, 2012, 07:32:22 am »

Nah Facebook is for Birthday's, Babies, Weather and complaining...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #458 on: September 06, 2012, 08:40:04 am »
Alright Hutch, even you will have to admit that the forcing in of the revision to include the "undivided Jerusalem" line into the Democratic party platform that Obama specifically ordered be included is offensive.

yeah I agree. but we all know why...

hutch

« Reply #459 on: September 06, 2012, 01:18:34 pm »
Like basking in the afterglow of a great concert I'm feeling pretty good about Bill Clinton's whipping of the Neanderthal Party (formerly known as "Republicans") last night. SOOOOOOO needed to be done even if it was a bit harsh. :) Interesting fact I picked up: Bill Clinton?s prepared remarks: 3,136 words. Bill Clinton?s remarks as delivered: 5,895 words. The written tel-promptered speech was an afterthought to the actual substantive communication with the American people that took place. I'd love to know what the President really thinks about it all...

azaghal1981

« Reply #460 on: September 06, 2012, 02:27:31 pm »
The concert analogy was pretty spot on. Precisely why I called it a performance.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #461 on: September 06, 2012, 02:29:12 pm »
The concert analogy was pretty spot on. Precisely why I called it a performance.

yeah yeah... we know you're in fantasyland over there where Obama and Romney are the same etc etc... go back to the Chomsky board or something!

:D

of course it was a performance! the democratic party is like a giant corporation and bill clinton is a major shareholder. So what? I like the democratic corporation.

I mean the other corporation is a disgrace.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:34:03 pm by hutch »

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #462 on: September 06, 2012, 08:59:08 pm »

Nah Facebook is for Birthday's, Babies, Weather and complaining...

Obviously, we have a very different circle of 'friends', for lack of a better word. I stopped using it a long time ago but I do miss some very, very good info that I would get on a daily basis, often from the horses mouths... or fingers. Sure, some birthdays, babies, weather and complaining but often an incredible wealth of info, especially music related. Occasionally I'll stop in for a peak but not thrilled with the guts of either Facebook or Twitter and decided to scale back a bit. For either, it's all who you connect up with.

atomicfront

« Reply #463 on: September 06, 2012, 10:33:03 pm »

yeah yeah... we know you're in fantasyland over there where Obama and Romney are the same etc etc... go back to the Chomsky board or something!

:D

of course it was a performance! the democratic party is like a giant corporation and bill clinton is a major shareholder. So what? I like the democratic corporation.

I mean the other corporation is a disgrace.

Yeah your political party is winning too bad they are exactly like the other political party.  5 trillion additional debt during obama administraton and how much of that borrowed money went to helping the hungry, people with mortgages upside down,  job creation,  national parks?  Obama could be the republican candidate and you would hate him.  People are so niave.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #464 on: September 06, 2012, 11:40:08 pm »
Expect your Ron Paul 2016 bumpersticker to arrive any day now... and there is a difference unless you have a strong desire to return to a fictionalized 50s mindset
T.Rex