Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1172857 times)

Relaxer

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #600 on: October 05, 2012, 02:45:07 pm »
This is the first result under a GIS for "sexy samantha brown"

Well of course she showers wearing a towel.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #601 on: October 06, 2012, 10:52:42 am »
Best thing on the net at this moment.

http://imgur.com/a/9H0Hv

this is certifiably excellent.
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #602 on: October 08, 2012, 12:07:30 am »
Can't help but pull a Rhett here. Surprised that he hasn't done so already. Lydon looks like he's on his way to the refrigerator for a midnight snack.

azaghal1981

« Reply #603 on: October 08, 2012, 07:23:25 am »
All the cool kids are going to The Melvins instead.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #604 on: October 08, 2012, 10:28:07 am »
he hates black people

he hates gay people

he hates the fact that pil wasn't sex pistols

what a draw.  i wonder what kind of clothes he wears.

azaghal1981

« Reply #605 on: October 08, 2012, 12:16:21 pm »
Poptones last time was pretty awesome, I have to admit.
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #606 on: October 10, 2012, 01:04:15 am »
Hi all.  Been a while.  I'm still alive but not so much kicking.  Surgery was four weeks ago on Thursday of this week.  I am still pretty weak, tired, and lethargic.  This recovery is taking a whole lot longer than I expected.  I guess it is a sign of getting old combined with having as many surgeries as I have had so far in my life.  Anyway, I'll try to be back here before too long to join in the conversations.  I don't think I'll be back at the club for a show for a while though.  The drive from Richmond is probably more than I can tolerate for some time to come.  Heck I have not even been to a show here in Richmond yet.  So just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone.  See you when I am back up to it.  Y'all take care in the mean time.
FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #607 on: October 10, 2012, 09:37:53 am »
he hates black people

he hates gay people

he hates the fact that pil wasn't sex pistols

what a draw.  i wonder what kind of clothes he wears.

I don't believe any of that is true.  His autobiography "No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs" is the best rock bio ever written.  He had a very hard life so he is angry from time to time.  I am sure it is not directed at any group in particular.

stevewizzle

« Reply #608 on: October 10, 2012, 09:51:19 am »
i wonder what kind of clothes he wears.

burberry, according to wikipedia.

hutch

« Reply #609 on: October 10, 2012, 10:06:03 am »
Lydon is about as cool as they come in my book and put on a great great show...... so glad I went .. had not seen him since 1996 at Patriot Center...

the bio is great btw.. highly recommended... and it was a useful read since I recognized his "bodyguard" was his friend john rambo stevens and got him to get my lp autographed. i think if you read lydon's book and legs mcneil's please kill me you'd have a good idea about punk music.. two best books on the subject one from the US angle and one from the UK angle.

walkie's charges are laughable so I won't even bother... I know he's having a tough time lately but come on dude stop acting like the village idiot... go on another "hiatus" if you need more time to recover
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:11:34 am by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #610 on: October 10, 2012, 10:41:24 am »
interesting.. the show after DC in Brooklyn sold out but Philly has been cancelled.. anyways, Lydon had nice words about DC so there you go

Washington DC did not let PiL down this evening. An extremely varied audience, we were very impressed with the diversity and they were very impressed with our diversity. A good evening was had by all. Excellent. PiL are on the rise. May we ascend into heaven where we belong.

John Lydon, October 8th 2012

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #611 on: October 10, 2012, 10:54:21 am »
Inter species love at my house this morning.  You'd think this was a fleeting kodak moment but this is every day of the week!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #612 on: October 10, 2012, 01:00:42 pm »
that's an obnoxiously cute pic.

now if only james ford and hutch could get along that well...
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #613 on: October 10, 2012, 01:22:36 pm »
Hahahaha. You know me all too well.

I was actually going to post something to that effect a few day ago. But then I got caught up with something else and never got around to it.

Can't help but pull a Rhett here. Surprised that he hasn't done so already. Lydon looks like he's on his way to the refrigerator for a midnight snack.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #614 on: October 10, 2012, 06:23:06 pm »
from the days of my cross over interests into music, which meant listenting to ratt, michael jackson, culture club, madonna, quiet riot, twisted sister . . . then into nothing but two bands:  dead kennedys and sex pistols.  always, and only, mister rotten and everything he did i followed like a idiot devotee.  the music i still listen to, but always thought pil straight up blew.  if you pay enough attention to things that have been reported on him that he is saying through out the years to other bands and such, you will realize what i said hints of being true, and yes perhaps i overstretch the full spectrum of it, but it is still there, or i would not say them.  and the library is closed.