Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1172505 times)

Relaxer

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #645 on: October 16, 2012, 03:40:33 pm »
I like the new Red Kross too. Walkonby, how exactly have they changed? They've pretty much been playing throwback power pop since they were teenagers.
oword

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #646 on: October 16, 2012, 03:41:45 pm »
Shit, it seems like the whole freaking indie scene has gone Glee.

Drama club nerds are a special brand of nerds that I just don't get.
(o|o)

Relaxer

« Reply #647 on: October 16, 2012, 03:42:44 pm »
I just posted a praiseworthy review on Amazon of Farrah Abraham's album. I have never before written a review on Amazon and I'll be a little surprised if I ever do again. At the moment, I'm on my 17th playthrough, according to iTunes. Can't lie, I kind of love it.
oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #648 on: October 16, 2012, 03:47:56 pm »
I like the new Red Kross too. Walkonby, how exactly have they changed? They've pretty much been playing throwback power pop since they were teenagers.

and

into

nkotb

« Reply #649 on: October 16, 2012, 03:49:45 pm »
Yeah, screw those guys for BECOMING ADULTS.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #650 on: October 16, 2012, 03:50:21 pm »
what he said.

azaghal1981

« Reply #651 on: October 18, 2012, 10:48:54 am »
DC needs a freefrom radio station comparable to WFMU. Has anybody tried since HFS switched formats decades back?
احمد

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #652 on: October 18, 2012, 11:38:52 am »
DC needs a freefrom radio station comparable to WFMU. Has anybody tried since HFS switched formats decades back?

WRNR tried in its first couple of years. Like HFS, it slowly devolved into more tightly controlled playlists. Then they hired a couple of former HFS douches who were determined to relive their former "glory". They brought their Stone Temple Pilots CDs with them. The end.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:43:43 am by beetsnotbeats »
😐 🎶

atomicfront

« Reply #653 on: October 18, 2012, 12:28:46 pm »

even if they have free form radio stations they suck.  Baltimore has WTMD which is pretty awful they end up playing a bunch of stupid paul simon songs and other lame stuff like that.  I think the problem is the youth of the today has pretty lame taste in  music so if you do free form you have to have someone good doing it.  THey have weasel on during the weekends if you really want to hear lame music with 15 minutes of talking about the song to prove how smart he is between the songs.

James Ford

« Reply #654 on: October 18, 2012, 12:40:49 pm »
Though he sounds like he's yet to hit puberty, I'd hardly call Weasel a youth.
 ;D

even if they have free form radio stations they suck.  Baltimore has WTMD which is pretty awful they end up playing a bunch of stupid paul simon songs and other lame stuff like that.  I think the problem is the youth of the today has pretty lame taste in  music so if you do free form you have to have someone good doing it.  THey have weasel on during the weekends if you really want to hear lame music with 15 minutes of talking about the song to prove how smart he is between the songs.

atomicfront

« Reply #655 on: October 18, 2012, 12:51:34 pm »
 ;D

i was talking about their weekday dj's when i was saying youth.  Yeah i have only seen weasel once.  In january 1985 he got up on stage to introduce to marshall crenswaw and 10000 maniacs and he looked like a homeless old man then.  I can only imagine what he looks like now.

James Ford

« Reply #656 on: October 18, 2012, 12:59:18 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/whatever-happened-towhfs-dj-jonathan-weasel-gilbert/2011/03/18/AFtkjExC_story.html

;D

i was talking about their weekday dj's when i was saying youth.  Yeah i have only seen weasel once.  In january 1985 he got up on stage to introduce to marshall crenswaw and 10000 maniacs and he looked like a homeless old man then.  I can only imagine what he looks like now.

nkotb

« Reply #657 on: October 18, 2012, 01:01:25 pm »
Anytime someone on this forum that's way deep into music mentions their older than I am, I automatically assume they look like this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/whatever-happened-towhfs-dj-jonathan-weasel-gilbert/2011/03/18/AFtkjExC_story.html

hutch

« Reply #658 on: October 18, 2012, 01:04:30 pm »
Anytime someone on this forum that's way deep into music mentions their older than I am, I automatically assume they look like this:

is that Ratbastard? man..brutal

atomicfront

« Reply #659 on: October 18, 2012, 01:32:43 pm »

funny. older doesn't mean you look like a rodent.