Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1168317 times)

atomicfront

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #795 on: November 20, 2012, 10:26:35 am »
Why not take your wife to see Mumford and Sons for Valentines Day?

Its funny .. Brian Wallace never made much of an impression of me but this Atomicfront guy seems like a tool...

He goes on and on about how great Mumford is.. Mumford this and that yada yada.. FINALLY gets a ticket and then sells it the first chance he has..

::)

I just said that in the current world mumford and sons is better than neil young.  If it weren't valentines day and a couple hours from my house I would go.  My wife is more important than a concert.  Banjo or no banjo.
young. 

Because we would have to rush right after work to the concert probably get stuck in beltway traffic and arrive when Mumford is just starting to play.  It won't be very romantic rushing and being stuck in traffic.  If I lived in northern virginia I would have gone.   

James Ford

« Reply #796 on: November 20, 2012, 10:39:40 am »
Wow, bless your heart. You're such a slave to convention!

We've both agreed not to celebrate Valentine's Day. Christian origins and Hallmark holiday at present.

It is my five year old's favorite holiday.

Its funny .. Brian Wallace never made much of an impression of me but this Atomicfront guy seems like a tool...

He goes on and on about how great Mumford is.. Mumford this and that yada yada.. FINALLY gets a ticket and then sells it the first chance he has..

I just said that in the current world mumford and sons is better than neil young.  If it weren't valentines day and a couple hours from my house I would go.  My wife is more important than a concert.  Banjo or no banjo.
young. 

Because we would have to rush right after work to the concert probably get stuck in beltway traffic and arrive when Mumford is just starting to play.  It won't be very romantic rushing and being stuck in traffic.  If I lived in northern virginia I would have gone.   

atomicfront

« Reply #797 on: November 20, 2012, 10:43:25 am »

We've both agreed not to celebrate Valentine's Day. Christian origins and Hallmark holiday at present.

young. 

well you agreed to not to celebrate, how romantic.  I am sure that just pleases your wife so much.  Let me guess you don't buy christmas gifts, birthday gifts, or celebrate your anniversery? 

James Ford

« Reply #798 on: November 20, 2012, 10:57:43 am »
You guessed wrong on all counts. Though we spell anniversary with two a's.

:D

Thanksgiving is another story, though.

young. 

well you agreed to not to celebrate, how romantic.  I am sure that just pleases your wife so much.  Let me guess you don't buy christmas gifts, birthday gifts, or celebrate your anniversery? 

atomicfront

« Reply #799 on: November 20, 2012, 11:38:33 am »
Well why do you care which holidays i celebrate.  People miss concerts because of Easter and Yom Kippur, I don't come on here and tell them they are slaves to religion. 

James Ford

« Reply #800 on: November 20, 2012, 12:08:11 pm »
Thanks for not taking my job away from me.

Well why do you care which holidays i celebrate.  People miss concerts because of Easter and Yom Kippur, I don't come on here and tell them they are slaves to religion. 

hutch

« Reply #801 on: November 20, 2012, 12:25:56 pm »

did the wife put the kibosh on the show? Tell the truth now.

James Ford

« Reply #802 on: November 21, 2012, 02:15:59 pm »
So my office has decided to hold our annual holiday party on January 15. Yes, I have a government job and hence that's why it doesn't makes sense.

Don't worry, no tax dollars fund the party...it's potluck held in our office.

First they take the Christ our of Christmas, now they take the Christmas out of Christmas.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #803 on: November 21, 2012, 02:31:24 pm »
can you bring good beer?

James Ford

« Reply #804 on: November 21, 2012, 02:35:12 pm »
Not allowed to bring alcohol into the building. All belongings go through a scanner (which didn't exist until after 9/11), and all alcohol is confiscated. I've even had (African) secuurity guards try to confiscate bottles of root beer, because they didn't know the difference between root beer and real beer.

I can't even go beer shopping on my lunch hour.

Another example of how the fucking terrorists have won.

can you bring good beer?

atomicfront

« Reply #805 on: November 21, 2012, 03:07:21 pm »
So my office has decided to hold our annual holiday party on January 15. Yes, I have a government job and hence that's why it doesn't makes sense.

First they take the Christ our of Christmas, now they take the Christmas out of Christmas.

well i am guessing if they had the holiday office party on christmas day the attendance would be quite low. 

Relaxer

« Reply #806 on: November 21, 2012, 03:27:52 pm »
My office is having a Holiday Party in a couple weeks with free nanny service. Thinking very strongly of
  • Telling my wife I need some quality 'MEN' time with my two sons
  • Dumping them off with the work nanny
  • Rounding up lots of drugs and liquor and then getting a hotel room
  • Weeping softly while sitting in the dark

Merry Christmas to me!
oword

hutch

« Reply #807 on: November 21, 2012, 04:24:07 pm »

Glad my tax dollars pay you to post on this board!

;D

atomicfront

« Reply #808 on: November 21, 2012, 05:49:15 pm »

Glad my tax dollars pay you to post on this board!

;D

probably one of the better uses of our funds. 

killsaly

« Reply #809 on: November 21, 2012, 05:50:32 pm »
Do you believe that government employees shouldn't take breaks?