Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1167965 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #840 on: December 14, 2012, 10:45:00 am »
Belle and Sebastian posts link to 2013 tour dates on the Facebook and their website crashes... Maybe the Mayans were on to something.. 

Wanders over to "Hey Seth"
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #841 on: December 14, 2012, 10:54:25 am »
http://www.belleandsebastian.com/news/2013-live-dates-announced

We thought you might like to hear that a plan is forming for the band doing some live shows next summer.  The exact where and when has still to be finalised but our travels will include a trip to Europe to take in some of the fine festivals there.  Also on the table is a visit to North America.  We?ll know more after the holidays so please keep visiting the website for updates.  We?ll bring you the news as soon as we have it.

In the meantime, here are a few of the dates we have confirmed so far:

June 21st ? 23rd Southside Festival, Germany.

June 21st ? 23rd Hurricane Festival, Germany.

July 5th,  International Jazz Festival, Montreal.

August 15th -17th Festival Sonorama, Spain.

August 30th,  End of the Road, North Dorset.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #842 on: December 14, 2012, 12:27:43 pm »
Belle and Sebastian posts link to 2013 tour dates on the Facebook and their website crashes... Maybe the Mayans were on to something.. 

Wanders over to "Hey Seth"

Makes me want to go to Montreal Jazz Fest again

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #843 on: December 21, 2012, 06:59:38 pm »
This sounds like someone who would work in Rhett's office:

Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

My favorite line from the article:
"The man was also accused of launching a trio of attacks on September 11."

Yes, I know and understand what the article said about which one is this man but I'm still not certain at all which one is the wife. After all, they did say 'wife', not partner or significant other.

"The SSA worker is pictured with his wife in the above photo, which apparently was taken at an amusement park (yes, he is standing at the left shoulder of someone dressed as Pepe Le Pew)."

Gotta feel sorry for the guy but even sorrier for his co-workers.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #844 on: December 22, 2012, 05:23:32 pm »
i feel sorry . . . for his underwear.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #845 on: December 23, 2012, 10:26:00 am »
RIP - Joe Strummer

Not sure how true this is?  But it's awesome just the same

When Joe Strummer first told the band?s label, CBS, that they wanted London Calling to be a double album, their request was denied. As compensation The Clash then asked whether they could include a free single with the album. CBS not only complied, but were also conned into agreeing to a 12-inch single that played at 33 1/3 rpm. Accordingly this ?free single? was to become a second nine track LP (sides 3 and 4). By the time CBS realised they?d been duped, it was too late: The Clash issued London Calling as a double LP, retailing at the price of a standard single LP.

Story: Uncut, oct 2004
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #846 on: December 23, 2012, 11:24:29 am »
RIP - Joe Strummer

When Joe Strummer first told the band?s label, CBS, that they wanted London Calling to be a double album, their request was denied. As compensation The Clash then asked whether they could include a free single with the album. CBS not only complied, but were also conned into agreeing to a 12-inch single that played at 33 1/3 rpm. Accordingly this ?free single? was to become a second nine track LP (sides 3 and 4). By the time CBS realised they?d been duped, it was too late: The Clash issued London Calling as a double LP, retailing at the price of a standard single LP.

interesting... hard to believe though..after all how could a single be a nine track lp?...i guess i could see it though.. whoever they were negotiating didn't realize the cost would be same in the end..

i have a friend who was really observing strummer's 10 year deathversary yesterday...

i didn't have time to do much other than think about it.. also read a letter strummer wrote praising springsteen..

at some point i'll dig out my london calling US white label...

atomicfront

« Reply #847 on: December 23, 2012, 06:19:16 pm »
RIP - Joe Strummer

I don't buy this as being true as didn't they have a triple album?  And I find it hard to believe Joe Strummer could be smart enough to trick a record company but stupid enough to kick the guy with all the talent out of the clash. 

atomicfront

« Reply #848 on: December 24, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »
the dad of Matt Bellamy (of Muse) was in a band called the Tornado's.  The Tornado's were the first british band to have a number one hit in the US.  That song sound like Muse.  Very Funny.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #849 on: December 24, 2012, 03:10:22 pm »
the dad of Matt Bellamy (of Muse) was in a band called the Tornado's.  The Tornado's were the first british band to have a number one hit in the US.  That song sound like Muse.  Very Funny.

Was it "Telestar"? I've always loved that song. Don't hear Muse in it at all but maybe you're hearing something that I'm not.

hutch

« Reply #850 on: December 26, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »
RIP - Joe Strummer

I don't buy this as being true as didn't they have a triple album?  And I find it hard to believe Joe Strummer could be smart enough to trick a record company but stupid enough to kick the guy with all the talent out of the clash. 

the triple album- sandinista- came after london calling .. london calling earned them leverage they did not have coming off of give 'em enough rope

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #851 on: December 26, 2012, 04:59:34 pm »
and besides it was well known at the time that The Clash took a cut in royalties or whatever in order to get  Sandinsta out as a triple album.   and it was ego, drugs, personality clashes, etc that lead to the ouster of Mick Jones from The Clash.  Right before Joe's death the reconciliation had occurred between him and Mick.   
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #852 on: December 26, 2012, 05:50:28 pm »
and besides it was well known at the time that The Clash took a cut in royalties or whatever in order to get  Sandinsta out as a triple album.   and it was ego, drugs, personality clashes, etc that lead to the ouster of Mick Jones from The Clash.  Right before Joe's death the reconciliation had occurred between him and Mick.   

i don't really  mind that mick jones was kicked out of the clash.  I like the big audio dynamite stuff better than the clash. 

James Ford

« Reply #853 on: January 04, 2013, 11:49:14 am »
People who consider grafitti to be "art" likely are people who don't have children.

Relaxer

« Reply #854 on: January 04, 2013, 12:18:51 pm »
I don't care for grafitti to be considered "art". It makes me very uncomfortable and I don't care for it.
oword