Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1168042 times)

atomicfront

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #945 on: February 12, 2013, 02:25:26 pm »
Wrestling is cut from the olympics.  I think we can all agree this is a good thing. 

how is that a good thing?  olympic wrestling is a real sport, and it's one of the originals - ancient greeks wrestled. 

i can't see how eliminating a sport is a good thing.  if you don't like it, fine, don't watch.  those who have spent years training in hopes of making it to the olympics are about to be very disappointed.

QUOTE:
"In recent years, however, the I.O.C. has expressed concern about the growing size of the Summer Games and has wanted to cap the number of athletes at about 10,500. It has also said it wants to draw younger viewers among the international television audience. Among the sports that wrestling must compete with for future inclusion in the Games are climbing and wakeboarding."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/sports/olympics-may-drop-wrestling-in-2020.html

awesome  ::)

ending wrestling at the olympics is insane.. if you're going to end something end something like tennis or one of the highly professional sports like soccer.. sports that have no business being in the olympics...

it is precisely a sport like wrestling that the olympics should be all about. a sport that as far as i know is largely amateur and doesn't have much visibility outside the olympics...

I agree about Tennis and Soccer.  Tennis these guys play each other all the time.  As for Soccer you have the world cup.   Baseball would be interesting if mlb would let their players play.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #946 on: February 12, 2013, 02:30:37 pm »
So my favorite holiday of the year is coming up.  So anyone doing anything interesting for valentines day? 

I was born on 11/14, exactly nine months to the day after 02/14 (aka Valentine's Day).  Every year on my birthday I told my mom "Happy Valentine's Day".  It wasn't until a year or two before she passed away that she figured it out.  Actually, I still tell her.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #947 on: February 12, 2013, 02:33:23 pm »
Wrestling is cut from the olympics.  I think we can all agree this is a good thing. 

how is that a good thing?  olympic wrestling is a real sport, and it's one of the originals - ancient greeks wrestled. 

i can't see how eliminating a sport is a good thing.  if you don't like it, fine, don't watch.  those who have spent years training in hopes of making it to the olympics are about to be very disappointed.

QUOTE:
"In recent years, however, the I.O.C. has expressed concern about the growing size of the Summer Games and has wanted to cap the number of athletes at about 10,500. It has also said it wants to draw younger viewers among the international television audience. Among the sports that wrestling must compete with for future inclusion in the Games are climbing and wakeboarding."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/sports/olympics-may-drop-wrestling-in-2020.html

ending wrestling at the olympics is insane.. if you're going to end something end something like tennis or one of the highly professional sports like soccer.. sports that have no business being in the olympics...

it is precisely a sport like wrestling that the olympics should be all about. a sport that as far as i know is largely amateur and doesn't have much visibility outside the olympics...

Agreed.  IMHO the Olympics should be 100% amateurs always.  I much prefer the traditional events, especially track and field. 
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #948 on: February 12, 2013, 02:34:46 pm »

QUOTE:

I agree about Tennis and Soccer.  Tennis these guys play each other all the time.  As for Soccer you have the world cup.   Baseball would be interesting if mlb would let their players play.

All men's tennis is any more is who can serve the hardest.  They should add a new fault on service for exceeding the maximum allowable serve speed.  Force these guys to REALLY learn the entire game.
FUKIT

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #949 on: February 12, 2013, 02:46:14 pm »

QUOTE:

All men's tennis is any more is who can serve the hardest.  They should add a new fault on service for exceeding the maximum allowable serve speed.  Force these guys to REALLY learn the entire game.
brilliant idea

atomicfront

« Reply #950 on: February 12, 2013, 03:01:49 pm »

QUOTE:

or you could just make them use wooden rackets again. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #951 on: February 12, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »
or you could stop caring about what is shown on tv.

atomicfront

« Reply #952 on: February 13, 2013, 05:49:25 pm »
So Bjork was trying to raise 600,000 dollars on kickstarter.  She shut it down because she only raised 20k and I guess it was embarrasing for her.  How do I know about this?  Amanda Palmer blogged about it. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #953 on: February 13, 2013, 07:54:58 pm »
kick starter is for video games.  they invented it.  they control it.  the end.  no not the end.  bjork needs to get off her ass and put out some good fucking music for a change.  the hyena screech owl bullshit she puts out needs to stop.  bjork is very talented and tries too fucking hard.  appease the fans for a change and stop making it all about you.  fucking bjork and her craziness.  did not anybody tell her that kickstarter, outside of video games . . . is desperation, a cry for help.  intervention time.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #954 on: February 13, 2013, 08:03:07 pm »
Went to the eye doctor yesterday to get new glasses.  he gave me some eye drops for dryness I have been having as a result of the meds I am taking for the neurological issues I have.  Today I could not find the eye drops and looked for them for about 20-30 minutes before heading out for lunch around 1:00.  Just now at 7:00 I found the eye drops... in my jeans pocket!
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #955 on: February 13, 2013, 09:41:42 pm »
Went to the eye doctor yesterday to get new glasses.  he gave me some eye drops for dryness I have been having as a result of the meds I am taking for the neurological issues I have.  Today I could not find the eye drops and looked for them for about 20-30 minutes before heading out for lunch around 1:00.  Just now at 7:00 I found the eye drops... in my jeans pocket!

riveting

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #956 on: February 13, 2013, 09:42:57 pm »
i found it pretty boring myself, as well.  sorry we hate each other.  im not too blind to see.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #957 on: February 13, 2013, 10:48:52 pm »
Well I satisfied my objective...  Bored the shit out of hutch and drew sarcasm from walky.  Hell I'm batting 1.000.  I am so damn good at this!
FUKIT

James Ford

« Reply #958 on: February 13, 2013, 11:17:31 pm »

iron Sheik
THREATENS OLYMPIC OFFICIALS
'I Swear to the Jesus I Suplex Them'

Exclusive
The Iron Sheik isn't just a WWE legend ... he's also a veteran Olympic wrestler ... and he's so pissed that his sport is getting booted from the Games ... he's now threatening violence.

As we previously reported, the International Olympic Committee has moved to drop wrestling from the 2020 games ... in favor of other sports like field hockey. Seriously.

Now, Sheik -- who says he competed for Iran in the 1968 Olympics and then became an asst. coach for Team USA in the '70s -- tells TMZ (in his trademark broken English) he's looking to take matters into his own hands.

"After 1000 years they take away the best sport in the world? This is the first time the dumb motherf**kers have no balls for they make the walking an Olympic sport."

He adds, "If I see anybody on the street that work from the IOC I swear to the Jesus I suplex them put them in camel clutch break their back make them humble."

"The #TEAMSHEIKIE respect the Olympic now they can all go f**k themselves and make the Curling Olympic sport because they all the biggest piece of no good s**t and I never watch the Olympic again. Also buy my t shirt [on my website] or go f**k yourself.?

It's a little confusing ... but we think we get the point..

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/12/wwe-wrestler-iron-sheik-upset-ioc-drop-wrestling-olympics/#ixzz2Kq7q2W44

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #959 on: February 14, 2013, 04:08:47 am »
Why is it that in the south you can order iced tea either 'sweetened' or 'unsweetened'?  I may be wrong but I don't think they sweeten the tea then take the sweetening agent back out so it really isn't 'unsweetened' is it?  Shouldn't it be sold as 'sweetened' on 'non-sweetened' tea?  Just wondering...
FUKIT