Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 854420 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 01:31:33 am »
Kraftwerk: the most influential group in pop history?

Andy McCluskey: "When you listen to pop now, do you hear the Beatles, or do you hear electronic, synthetic, computer-based grooves?"
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 06:12:13 pm »
I don't know why they don't just rename "All Things Music" to "All Things Indie Rock" and be done with it.   
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 11:35:02 pm »
I don't know why they don't just rename "All Things Music" to "All Things Indie Rock" and be done with it.  

woah looks like evilsanta doesn't take dictation well...

what I meant to say was "I don't know why they don't just rename "All Songs Considered" to "All Indie Rock Consider" and be done with it." 

of course that doesn't work either so i'm going to bed... 
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 02:43:42 pm »
I'm interested to see what comes next from Kylie Minogue now that's she's assigned to Jay-Z's Roc Nation label. 
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 04:02:21 pm »
Since I already posted this in the "Hey Seth" thread, I hope he can make the Daptone Records Super Soul Review happen at Merrieweather.  Especially now that it's happening at SXSW.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 11:36:17 pm »
Today I got a digital download for a Kickstarter project and instead of usinka Bandcamp to fulfill the digital files which gives FLAC as an option.  The artist sent along the AIFFs of the tracks.  That's a first for a digital distribution from at Kickstarter.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 09:49:40 pm »
Snoopy Dogg or is it Lion is doing a guest verse on the new Fitz and Tantrums album, talk about a band desperate to make it big... Wonder if Fitz and his guitaristless indie rock band disguised as a soul group, will discover that guitar was a bigger part of soul then he claims.
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 10:52:21 am »
Kraftwerk: the most influential group in pop history?

Andy McCluskey: "When you listen to pop now, do you hear the Beatles, or do you hear electronic, synthetic, computer-based grooves?"

Those 2 Kraftwerk shows at the 9:30 Club were incredible. That tour was phenomenal.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 11:52:44 am »
Fitz and his guitaristless indie rock band disguised as a soul group

They're awful.  Tho I thought they were more like a guitar-less bubblegum pop/soul band.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 07:48:02 pm »
Fitz and his guitaristless indie rock band disguised as a soul group

They're awful.  Tho I thought they were more like a guitar-less bubblegum pop/soul band.

I'm being mild facetious about them being an indie rock band disguised, but that's a pretty much sums them up.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 07:51:37 pm »
Obviously this isn't the first time an offspring has taken over for a parent in a band but this would be good show to see...  I had no idea about the BRMC/The Call connection until after Micheal Been had passed away, he served as the bands soundman for several years.

It gives us great pleasure to announce to you all that the seminal rock group 'The Call' will be reuniting with B.R.M.C.'.s Robert Been for two select shows!!!

Disbanded in 1990 The Call's original members Scott Musick, Tom Ferrier, and Jim Goodwin will be taking the stage with Robert Been, taking over the role of bass and vocals in honor of his father, the late Michael Been - twenty years since their last live show!

But now for the really exciting news - Tickets go on sale on Friday March 1st from www.the-call-band.com

April 18th: San Francisco, CA / Slim's

April 19th: Los Angeles, CA / The Troubadour
T.Rex

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 09:50:23 pm »
Why is it that we only hear about these things after the fact? Heard that it was fairly good.

The Bayou Documentary

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 10:46:52 am »
Why is it that we only hear about these things after the fact? Heard that it was fairly good.

The Bayou Documentary

I saw this a couple months ago and enjoyed it quite a bit.  It's got a nice background on the very early days of the club, which I had no clue about.  It was also nice to confirm my memories of why I hated going there in the end (Lois, the bouncers, etc.)    Worth checking out, if they show it again.

wml7

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 01:25:01 pm »
It's official now Scott Weiland fired from Stone Temple Pilots
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stone-temple-pilots-fire-scott-weiland-20130227
 ;D

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 01:26:48 pm »
It's official now Scott Weiland fired from Stone Temple Pilots
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stone-temple-pilots-fire-scott-weiland-20130227
 ;D
He needs to start a band with Dave Navarro.  That would be the perfect match.