Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863539 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2013, 09:50:46 am »
Kate Bush is the godmother of 10s music.
😐 🎶

« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2013, 05:57:33 pm »
Any one listened to the new King Kruel album
http://kingkrule.co.uk/beneaththemoon/

He's streaming it from his site (as is NPR)

I really kan't stop listening to it

The video for Out getting ribs is just great (actually made 2 years ago)
http://kingkrule.co.uk/videos/
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2013, 02:51:52 pm »
Roddy Frame is doing High Land Hard Rain in the UK... Which makes me a sad panda
T.Rex

killsaly

« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2013, 04:18:12 pm »
So Clap your Hands Say yeah is the first "big" band using this new service, Rabbl. 
https://www.rabbl.com/events/1000557

http://sweetteapumpkinpie.com/2013/08/27/interview-clap-your-hands-say-yeah-discusses-rabbl/

https://www.rabbl.com/

Not too sure how different it is than just ticket sales to gauge audience interest in a band... Could be a cool tool for smaller to medium sized venues and Bands.

hutch

« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2013, 04:33:37 pm »
Roddy Frame is doing High Land Hard Rain in the UK... Which makes me a sad panda

you're such an oldies goldies kinda panda...  ;D

as am i

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #170 on: August 28, 2013, 06:18:11 am »
Rock Music is truly dead...  QOSTA take a swipe at Miley by promising no twerking at their Barclay center show.  and Kim of Matt and Kim poses topless on their remix album cover, teenage boys everywhere will be "listening" to this album. 
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2013, 08:16:48 am »
soundtrack from ziggy stardust is underrated

maybe not the best mix but still...

Yada

« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2013, 08:42:31 am »
Rock Music is truly dead...  QOSTA take a swipe at Miley by promising no twerking at their Barclay center show.  and Kim of Matt and Kim poses topless on their remix album cover, teenage boys everywhere will be "listening" to this album. 

Was Matt and Kim ever considered "rock" music? What a bunch of wusses.

K8teebug

« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2013, 09:40:01 am »

Matt and Kim is one of the most annoying acts I've ever seen.  Saw them at freefest because I was sitting in the front waiting for Pavement and LCD, and they were just heinous.  Do.not.get.

Yada

« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2013, 10:38:52 am »

Matt and Kim is one of the most annoying acts I've ever seen.  Saw them at freefest because I was sitting in the front waiting for Pavement and LCD, and they were just heinous.  Do.not.get.

I bet atomic loves Matt and Kim.

hutch

« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2013, 01:31:31 pm »
Tonight was my favorite Franz Ferdinand record by far.. of course it stiffed.. I'm glad they survived to make another one.. the new one's album cover is so boring though.. I think this is their last one.. groovin to it today... can't say yet how it stacks up.. its good of course... but how good?

would love to end up at the FF show at Strathmore but have balked due to the ticket price...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2013, 01:41:29 pm »
Yeah the FF is fast growing on me.. digging the new Sonics in their sound.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #177 on: August 29, 2013, 03:10:39 pm »
T.Rex

atomic

« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2013, 03:17:22 pm »

Of course, I do.  What's not to love.  High energy and great songs.   Pavement on the other hand were incredibly boring.  I left during their set. 

Yada

« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2013, 03:24:10 pm »

Of course, I do.  What's not to love.  High energy and great songs.   Pavement on the other hand were incredibly boring.  I left during their set. 

HAHAHAH.