Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863284 times)

hutch

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #300 on: October 25, 2013, 03:10:44 pm »
My name is not James Ford. Is your name really Hutch? I though we both got our names from tv characters.

I don't really get the appeal of Muse. But then again, I'm not really a rock kind of guy to begin with.

Though I do agree with your assessments of pitchfork, and I do think that 99% of indie rock is total garbage.

Don't get angry, it's just music.

And if Muse is any good, then I'm James Ford.

http://pitchforkreviewgenerator.com/

pitchfork is so awful..they don't get it..they don't get ROCK AND ROLL. ..they just dont... all you have to do is read their reviews of the hellacopters to see they don't get it.

Or their reviews of Coldplay and Muse. 

if coldplay is rock and roll i'm sherlock holmes..

but you're not, right?

i mean your name is not james ford.. is that what you're saying dude? i want to be in on your joke mahn..can you help me?

i wasn't angry..  i thought i was being clever

i have no idea what pitchfork thinks of muse.. i think they totally suck..

its not rock and roll

this is the problem with pitchfork: if anyone actually creates rock and roll they call it a fake and the shit they call rock and roll isn't rock and roll..

that makes me mad. .not you man.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #301 on: October 25, 2013, 03:25:46 pm »
at least they gave the new motorhead record a 7.6

hutch

« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2013, 03:29:29 pm »

yeah..well they have to do that, no...its motorhead... this is what places like pitchfork do..they talk favorably about bands from yesteryear but if a new band tries to do something like that its like FUCK NO you are a POSEUR... they didn't even review high visibility i tell ya!

atomic

« Reply #303 on: October 25, 2013, 03:37:34 pm »

pitchfork is so awful..they don't get it..they don't get ROCK AND ROLL. ..they just dont... all you have to do is read their reviews of the hellacopters to see they don't get it.

What are they then Ska?  Geez.

James Ford

« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2013, 03:42:21 pm »
Musical theater. Like Muse. And Glee.

atomic

« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2013, 03:45:18 pm »

Musical theater is cool.  A lot better than Motorhead that is for sure.

atomic

« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2013, 03:46:26 pm »

yeah..well they have to do that, no...its motorhead... this is what places like pitchfork do..they talk favorably about bands from yesteryear but if a new band tries to do something like that its like FUCK NO you are a POSEUR... they didn't even review high visibility i tell ya!

Let me tell you the only review of a  band I need is the  number of hot woman at the show.  Motorhead none.  Coldplay quite a lot.  Tori Amos the whole crowd.

hutch

« Reply #307 on: October 25, 2013, 03:48:53 pm »

Let me tell you the only review of a  band I need is the  number of hot woman at the show.  Motorhead none.  Coldplay quite a lot.  Tori Amos the whole crowd.

yeah but the kind of women at tori amos show are all psychos dude (or lesbians)...stay away...

James Ford

« Reply #308 on: October 25, 2013, 03:50:13 pm »
Would your wife agree with this statement?

chaz

« Reply #309 on: October 25, 2013, 04:14:52 pm »

you are so lame

atomic

« Reply #310 on: October 25, 2013, 04:18:05 pm »
Would your wife agree with this statement?

She hasn't seen Coldplay or Motorhead. 

atomic

« Reply #311 on: October 25, 2013, 04:19:12 pm »
That would bother  me except you think Motorhead is better than Musicals.   So you opinion is pretty meaningless

you are so lame
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:21:24 pm by atomic »

chaz

« Reply #312 on: October 25, 2013, 04:28:44 pm »
That would bother  me except you think Motorhead is better than Musicals.   

comedy gold

atomic

« Reply #313 on: October 25, 2013, 04:36:36 pm »
That would bother  me except you think Motorhead is better than Musicals.   

comedy gold

The comedy is that you like Motorhead.   They have one song that is even mediocre in quality ("Ace of Spades").  Are you trying to tell me you think their music is better than  Rodgers and Hammerstein?  No one could have that bad taste, could they?

killsaly

« Reply #314 on: October 25, 2013, 04:46:45 pm »