Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 865043 times)

atomic

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2014, 11:53:27 pm »
i think i accidentally Hexenjagd in another thread, but just changed that... didn't realize you were trying to stay anonymous.

Why did Killsally change his name?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #391 on: January 13, 2014, 12:00:26 am »
i think i accidentally Hexenjagd in another thread, but just changed that... didn't realize you were trying to stay anonymous.

I made fun of professional wrestling and called its fans juvenile and he refuted my argument by deleting his account claiming the place had disintegrated into Junior High and then came back a few days later. 
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2014, 12:02:34 am »

I made fun of professional wrestling and called its fans juvenile and he refuted my argument by deleting his account claiming the place had disintegrated into Junior High and then came back a few days later. 

I don't like the new name it sounds like some Norweigan Death Metal band name or something.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2014, 12:05:02 am »
Hexen was a weird occult Doom knockoff circa 1996. Idk how I know that honestly.
LVMH

Hexenjagd

« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2014, 02:04:57 am »
Yes, you made a comment about wrestling fans.

No, that wasn't the reason I quit this place. 

I quit because I was slowly phasing forums out of my life, one at at time, over the last few years (at one point I posted on seven different music forums).  Mainly this was due to the fact that I can just get everything I need in regards to music and socializing online, on Facebook (I am easy to find on there if anyone wants to send a friend request).  This is the same reason I don't use MySpace anymore, or chat rooms, or buy music magazines. 

It was done after you made your comment, but that was not the reason.  Do you really think I would quit this site that I was a part of for over six years because of some comment you made?

The reason I am back is because I like a lot of the people here and realized it is the easiest way to communicate with them. 

As for the name, it is just another name I use for a music project of mine, and for the mixes I make for my label/blog, Dragged to Hell. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2014, 10:47:23 am »

atomic

« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:25 am »
Yes, you made a comment about wrestling fans.

No, that wasn't the reason I quit this place. 

I quit because I was slowly phasing forums out of my life, one at at time, over the last few years (at one point I posted on seven different music forums).  Mainly this was due to the fact that I can just get everything I need in regards to music and socializing online, on Facebook (I am easy to find on there if anyone wants to send a friend request).  This is the same reason I don't use MySpace anymore, or chat rooms, or buy music magazines. 

It was done after you made your comment, but that was not the reason.  Do you really think I would quit this site that I was a part of for over six years because of some comment you made?

The reason I am back is because I like a lot of the people here and realized it is the easiest way to communicate with them. 

As for the name, it is just another name I use for a music project of mine, and for the mixes I make for my label/blog, Dragged to Hell. 

First, Facebook is dying.  And second everyone tries to be pleasant to each other on Facebook.  Third, you have to wade through mindless sports posts, baby photos, and people's daily mundane live posts.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2014, 12:11:14 pm »
I mostly follow posts from a few close friends and use the site to keep up with bands.  When something better comes along, I will change it. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2014, 05:38:48 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/13/business/media/dance-band-experiments-with-three-way-stereo.html?_r=0

i think i notice the difference . . . that the song sucks in a totally new way.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #399 on: January 15, 2014, 01:20:38 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #400 on: January 15, 2014, 01:30:42 pm »
http://www.attackmagazine.com/news/roland-reissue-tb-303-tr-808/

I guess I need to start saving my money!

this looks like a money-grab to me.  i fear it's going to be digital (so none of the analog quirkiness that made the 303 and 808 famous) and based on samples (which you can get elsewhere).  the interface might be a change-up from what you currently use but seems to me you can do better with a customizable interface with assignable pads, sliders, etc - rather than being locked into the layout of this device which will have limited functionality.
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #401 on: January 16, 2014, 05:09:14 pm »
Was anybody as excited when Eddie fronted DKs?
😐 🎶

slappy

« Reply #402 on: January 17, 2014, 01:06:19 pm »
http://www.attackmagazine.com/news/roland-reissue-tb-303-tr-808/

I guess I need to start saving my money!

this looks like a money-grab to me.  i fear it's going to be digital (so none of the analog quirkiness that made the 303 and 808 famous) and based on samples (which you can get elsewhere).  the interface might be a change-up from what you currently use but seems to me you can do better with a customizable interface with assignable pads, sliders, etc - rather than being locked into the layout of this device which will have limited functionality.

Sounds like it's digital. If price and quality is as rumored, it'll do well.
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/01/16/roland-aira-tr-08-rumor-leak-update-not-analog-but-great-fun/#more-54288

Hexenjagd

« Reply #403 on: January 17, 2014, 02:56:10 pm »
I plan on trying before I buy... But this definitely would be a nice addition to my setup (i am running a NI Maschine into a laptop for drums, hard synths for bass/some leads, and guitars and pedals)... It would be nice to cut the tether to the laptop... (I use a lot of 808 samples in my beats). 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #404 on: January 29, 2014, 10:14:30 pm »
Is there a pop musician with more success and less impact on culture than Billy Joel?
😐 🎶