Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863507 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #525 on: February 07, 2014, 10:06:48 am »
Maybe I should go post about video games and movies over and over again in the Beer and Baseball threads.
I still say the solution to all this mess is to ban Just Announced.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #526 on: February 07, 2014, 10:25:54 am »
Thanks for your final words on the matter, now here's mine.

If a 50 year old guy who claims to make beaucoup money states on a public message board:

My wife doesn't think she should work after the child is born but hey that new Audi that I want isn't going to pay for itself.

I'm going to call him out on his bad parenting (and spousal) decision.

Wait, I am 49.  Second whe did I claim to make beaucup money?  Third, it is a joke. 

That is the difference between my post about how I am better than you guys and your post about how you are better than us. I am joking.

atomic

« Reply #527 on: February 07, 2014, 10:27:07 am »
Maybe I should go post about video games and movies over and over again in the Beer and Baseball threads.
I still say the solution to all this mess is to ban Just Announced.

And ban talk about video games as well.  I think I should make up a list of acceptable discussion points. 

James Ford

« Reply #528 on: February 07, 2014, 10:31:26 am »
I never said I was better than anybody.

Can I share with you a quote from my wife regarding daycare? And if you think she (or I for respecting and sharing my wife's views), by having these thoughts. am saying I am better than you, well fine. Infer whatever you want.

to me, there's be no other way for a child under one...and possibly 2-3...but no way I would leave a non-walking, non-talking infant who is supposed to be held and cuddled all day and given breastmilk on demand with someone other than me...
It's not the kind of thing I need a study to tell me is good or bad for the child either, as a mother, I just know...and I am actually sad for those who can't or won't stay with their babies...
Anyway, I would have been heartbroken to be with a husband who tried to push me to go back to work before I wanted to

Thanks for your final words on the matter, now here's mine.

If a 50 year old guy who claims to make beaucoup money states on a public message board:

My wife doesn't think she should work after the child is born but hey that new Audi that I want isn't going to pay for itself.

I'm going to call him out on his bad parenting (and spousal) decision.

Wait, I am 49.  Second whe did I claim to make beaucup money?  Third, it is a joke. 

That is the difference between my post about how I am better than you guys and your post about how you are better than us. I am joking.

James Ford

« Reply #529 on: February 07, 2014, 10:35:43 am »
Why would be want to talk about video games? We're adults.

I wish people would use it. I only read a couple of threads here and having people constantly going off topic is annoying.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #530 on: February 07, 2014, 12:44:59 pm »
adults, who cant spell, we.  video games, rule . . . they rule, you marathon runner.  so there.

slappy

« Reply #531 on: February 07, 2014, 12:52:34 pm »

Can I share with you a quote from my wife regarding daycare? And if you think she (or I for respecting and sharing my wife's views), by having these thoughts. am saying I am better than you, well fine. Infer whatever you want.

to me, there's be no other way for a child under one...and possibly 2-3...but no way I would leave a non-walking, non-talking infant who is supposed to be held and cuddled all day and given breastmilk on demand with someone other than me...
It's not the kind of thing I need a study to tell me is good or bad for the child either, as a mother, I just know...and I am actually sad for those who can't or won't stay with their babies...
Anyway, I would have been heartbroken to be with a husband who tried to push me to go back to work before I wanted to

As a critical thinking human... the 'as a mother, I just know' is complete and utter bullshit.
Mother's can be just as shitty as anybody.

China Arnold just knew she had to microwave her 28 day old baby daughter.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/19/china-arnold-appeal_n_3948106.html?utm_hp_ref=murder

Sara Krueger just knew she needed to stick her 3 year old in a suitcase before putting her in the freezer.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/04/kayleigh-slusher_n_4726743.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

As a mother, Jennifer Marie Brys knows to pimp her 4 year old daughter on Craig's List.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/31/jennifer-marie-brys-backpage-sell-4-year-old_n_4181632.html  But in her defense, I'm sure the activities were to take place at home and not in daycare.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #532 on: February 07, 2014, 12:56:22 pm »
and azag, wanted me to take my musings on his twitter posts, elsewhere.

James Ford

« Reply #533 on: February 07, 2014, 12:58:12 pm »
So four bad apples make any argument a woman who is a mom makes regarding motherhood complete and utter bullshit?

As a critical thinking human... the 'as a mother, I just know' is complete and utter bullshit.

China Arnold just knew she had to microwave her 28 day old baby daughter.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/19/china-arnold-appeal_n_3948106.html?utm_hp_ref=murder

Sara Krueger just knew she needed to stick her 3 year old in a suitcase before putting her in the freezer.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/04/kayleigh-slusher_n_4726743.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

As a mother, Jennifer Marie Brys knows to pimp her 4 year old daughter on Craig's List.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/31/jennifer-marie-brys-backpage-sell-4-year-old_n_4181632.html  But in her defense, I'm sure the activities were to take place at home and not in daycare.

atomic

« Reply #534 on: February 07, 2014, 01:01:02 pm »
I would be willing to wager a bet that in general when the mother doesn't work the children turn out worse.  Welfare mommies tend to have more kids, live in areas with bad school systems and usually have absent fathers.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #535 on: February 07, 2014, 01:05:31 pm »
oh, no, he . . . oh you know where im going with that.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #536 on: February 07, 2014, 01:06:33 pm »

Yes, I have seen, first hand and with devastating results, the "but I'm their MOTHER" defense put in to practice.  The discrimination that fathers face because they are not "mothers" is ungodly and unreal.  I'm ranting here...this is off topic.  But mothers do not always know best. 

That said, I'd say it's pretty obvious that the best situation for a newborn, generally speaking, is to spend as much time as possible with the mother, rather than $12/hour baby holders at some daycare somewhere.

Sadly, this is not possible for everyone.

hutch

« Reply #537 on: February 07, 2014, 01:08:47 pm »
so we have two threads now fulltime devoted to parenting?

geez

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #538 on: February 07, 2014, 01:10:25 pm »
thats what you get . . . for being heterosexual.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #539 on: February 07, 2014, 01:11:04 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUkm78l9xoI

here . . . heres something musical, to ponder.