Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863720 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #585 on: March 04, 2014, 10:49:58 pm »
http://www.newnownext.com/beyonces-drunk-in-love-emoji-music-video-is-a-masterpiece-watch/03/2014/

somebody, must have been, reading azags twitter.

yeah azags and i have been bested by Beyonce once again....

but i did get re-tweeted by Belle and Sebastian for my first attempt...  (small victory)

https://twitter.com/kosmo_wren/status/438825833869082624

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:54:11 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #586 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:58 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #587 on: March 05, 2014, 11:13:00 am »
i do so enjoy reading both your twitters of perspective, meaning azag and kosmo.  i am such a novice to the world of twitter, and seem to want to use it for the notices of advancement and potential option opportunities of work relating to writing, be so if there is any.  to me, life is nothing more than advancement, which can be sad, if you wish upon a star for too long.  what, in your technoinfinite wisdom is the best way for me to learn the ins and outs of twitter and are there secrets to steering the people you want, who you consider contemporaries and hands to help rock your cradle further along, to your twitter feeds?  im sure there are articles or youtube videos out there somewhere which have these answers, or maybe profound practice is a better option . . . but i feel asking the sources of those who seem to be so very proficient in the art of the one hundred forty, would be my first best stop.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #588 on: March 05, 2014, 09:49:24 pm »
honestly twitter is mainly about bragging, hoping for the occasional retweet and getting a response from some one well known.  i follow far to many 90s UK bands, funk groups and labels.  i probably follow far to many verify accounts and not enough of ordinary folk like myself. 
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #589 on: March 05, 2014, 09:58:16 pm »
Well this should spark an interesting debate... Someone did the analysis of Pitchfork scores verses the number of time that review was shared on Facebook determine was hipster and was "bro".  And here are results

http://priceonomics.com/the-hipster-music-index/

Least obscure and topping the "Beer Me Bro" Music Index is The National.

Most obscure and topping the "you?ve probably never heard of them" music index is The Field.
T.Rex

Hexenjagd

« Reply #590 on: March 06, 2014, 03:14:09 pm »
Why is the bro artist the National?  Wouldnt it be Kanye West?  He has a lot more shares... Same with MBV. 

Or are you basing that on the National having a slightly lower score? 

And is the Field "you never heard of them" or "nobody gives a shit enough to share the pitchfork writeup on them"? 

Who shares pitchfork reviews? 

And what is a "bro" and a "hipster" in your own words?

Edit:
Oh i see the "bro me" index on the article... strange

Edit2: MBV isnt hipster approved?  Nobody told the crowd of hipsters in Philly last year that they shouldnt be there...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:23:32 pm by Hexenjagd »

bearman🐻

azaghal1981

« Reply #592 on: March 18, 2014, 12:13:19 pm »
^I noticed that earlier but have yet to read. Talk about a bizarre combination.
احمد

atomic

« Reply #593 on: March 18, 2014, 12:34:22 pm »
Why is the bro artist the National?  Wouldnt it be Kanye West?  He has a lot more shares... Same with MBV. 

Or are you basing that on the National having a slightly lower score? 

And is the Field "you never heard of them" or "nobody gives a shit enough to share the pitchfork writeup on them"? 

Who shares pitchfork reviews? 

And what is a "bro" and a "hipster" in your own words?

Edit:
Oh i see the "bro me" index on the article... strange

Edit2: MBV isnt hipster approved?  Nobody told the crowd of hipsters in Philly last year that they shouldnt be there...

The thing is stupid.  Arcade Fire isn't a bro band.   Not that there is anything wrong with being a Bro band.

azaghal1981

« Reply #594 on: March 18, 2014, 04:35:32 pm »
Hard to tell who is and is not a bro band without going to one of their shows. I think Roomrunner are becoming a bro band, for instance. I talked about that a little in this thing I made for a couple friends' webzine.

احمد

Hexenjagd

« Reply #595 on: March 18, 2014, 07:15:29 pm »
I've been to ten or more roomrunner shows. Most are not so bro. It was the fact that they had a keg of free beer And most of the crowd was from bel air and friends with at least Brett. And it was only five bros most of the crowd was fine.

hutch

« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2014, 07:44:34 pm »
I've been to ten or more roomrunner shows. Most are not so bro. It was the fact that they had a keg of free beer And most of the crowd was from bel air and friends with at least Brett. And it was only five bros most of the crowd was fine.

bel air? wow i do like me some bel air... home of the all american girl anne samuel... 

azaghal1981

« Reply #597 on: March 19, 2014, 07:33:36 am »
Yeah I've been to quite a few myself and that was the only one like that. Hopefully I jumped to conclusions in that last post.
احمد

Yada

« Reply #598 on: March 19, 2014, 12:20:51 pm »
No clue where this post should go, but what are the usual set times at Ottobar on a Saturday?

cc: atomic, az, kilsally

Hexenjagd

« Reply #599 on: March 19, 2014, 01:01:12 pm »
It depends on how many bands are playing.  I have been to shows as early as 7 pm and as late as 10 pm for the first band.  They are pretty good about posting set times on Facebook and Twitter; and they usually reply on either when asked about a specific show.  Which show are you asking about?

If it is for the Deen Ween show it would probably go;
8 - doors
845 - THE PILTDOWN MEN
930 - SATELLITE HEARTS
1030 - THE DEAN WEEN GROUP

Or maybe DWG at 11 and SH at 945.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:06:29 pm by Hexenjagd »