Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863341 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #855 on: August 21, 2014, 02:24:58 pm »
If one of us convincingly faked our own death on here, and it didn't slip out until the big reveal, that'd be a first-ballot (META: User-curated) Hall of Fame event.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #856 on: August 21, 2014, 03:10:58 pm »
RIP: Atomic

« Reply #857 on: August 21, 2014, 03:32:33 pm »
RIP: Atomic
He died in a horrible auto-erotic masturbatory asphyxiation accident! Why, Lord, why!? Why do you take the tall, Germanic assholes from us in their prime, Lord?
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #858 on: August 21, 2014, 03:48:51 pm »
evil santa is dead inside
T.Rex

« Reply #859 on: August 21, 2014, 03:56:30 pm »
evil santa is dead inside
You're too hard on him. At worst, he's an emotional anorexic. Nowhere close to full blown dead inside.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #860 on: August 21, 2014, 04:06:32 pm »
Sez you..I don't know how he got a hold of a lute, but he's locked away working on something he's calling Consortstep.  His soundcloud page is a horror of turning anything he can think off into step
T.Rex

stevewizzle

slappy

« Reply #862 on: August 22, 2014, 10:49:01 am »
Henry Rollins ...  ::)
his 17 year old jock psyche just won't leave him.
http://www.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2014/08/21/henry-rollins-fuck-suicide

"I have life by the neck and drag it along. Rarely does it move fast enough. Raw Power forever."

I think he needs a cat. People with cats don't say such douchetastic things.

James Ford

« Reply #863 on: August 22, 2014, 12:35:35 pm »
While that quote is silly, he's spot on with the rest of the article.

Henry Rollins ...  ::)
his 17 year old jock psyche just won't leave him.
http://www.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2014/08/21/henry-rollins-fuck-suicide

"I have life by the neck and drag it along. Rarely does it move fast enough. Raw Power forever."

I think he needs a cat. People with cats don't say such douchetastic things.

Yada

« Reply #864 on: August 22, 2014, 12:59:28 pm »
I agree with the article too... even though Rollins is one of the biggest nozzles out there.

James Ford

« Reply #865 on: August 22, 2014, 01:03:01 pm »
I especially agree with the part about not taking your life if you have kids. But his youngest kid is 23, so maybe the rules change once your youngest is an adult (?) You're going to die at some point, 63 with your kids grown is not that young anyway...

I agree with the article too... even though Rollins is one of the biggest nozzles out there.

Yada

« Reply #866 on: August 22, 2014, 01:12:53 pm »
I especially agree with the part about not taking your life if you have kids. But his youngest kid is 23, so maybe the rules change once your youngest is an adult (?) You're going to die at some point, 63 with your kids grown is not that young anyway...

That's  part I agree with, if you have kids... don't be selfish and leave them.   

hutch

« Reply #867 on: August 22, 2014, 01:37:33 pm »
He is not spot on about anything...

Severe depression can lead people to kill themselves..its a disease...

he's about as right as the people who are convinced that some people beat cancer cause they wanted to and others don't because they didn't...

its seriously so moronic that i'm shocked to read people agree with on this site..

obviouslyt he man was seriously sick... nobody kills themselves and leaves kids behind because they are thinking rationally...its an illness and even if you seek out treatment sometimes it doesn't work...its very complex

but to say people who kill themselves are dicks?? WTF?

nobody disputes that killing yourself when you have kids is a terrible thing to do..heck, just killing yourself even if you don't! i mean what about the people who love a person that kills themselves? BUT that is not the issue.. the issue is that its an illness that leads people to feel so desperate that there is nothing else to be done...

moreover, nobody knows Robin Williams or any other man, other than themself (and in many cases not even that), to be able to sit around judging others and what they "did"... i mean what the fuck do you all know about robin williams??? you thinkk cause you saw a few movies you know shit?

Yada

« Reply #868 on: August 22, 2014, 01:54:10 pm »
He is not spot on about anything...

Severe depression can lead people to kill themselves..its a disease...

he's about as right as the people who are convinced that some people beat cancer cause they wanted to and others don't because they didn't...

its seriously so moronic that i'm shocked to read people agree with on this site..

obviouslyt he man was seriously sick... nobody kills themselves and leaves kids behind because they are thinking rationally...its an illness and even if you seek out treatment sometimes it doesn't work...its very complex

but to say people who kill themselves are dicks?? WTF?

nobody disputes that killing yourself when you have kids is a terrible thing to do..heck, just killing yourself even if you don't! i mean what about the people who love a person that kills themselves? BUT that is not the issue.. the issue is that its an illness that leads people to feel so desperate that there is nothing else to be done...

moreover, nobody knows Robin Williams or any other man, other than themself (and in many cases not even that), to be able to sit around judging others and what they "did"... i mean what the fuck do you all know about robin williams??? you thinkk cause you saw a few movies you know shit?

My judgment isn't based on me thinking I know Robin WIlliams, it's based on personal experiences that I've had in my life where people have left children behind.

I understand it's a disease and not something you can just "turn off", but in some situations it's just not acceptable IMO.

hutch

« Reply #869 on: August 22, 2014, 02:17:09 pm »

My judgment isn't based on me thinking I know Robin WIlliams, it's based on personal experiences that I've had in my life where people have left children behind.

I understand it's a disease and not something you can just "turn off", but in some situations it's just not acceptable IMO.

well I don't know what you mean when you say "its just not acceptable"... you'd have to define your words very precisely..it could be read any number of ways..

its not acceptable so he's a dick could be one reading.... if that is what you're saying you ought to take a big step back...

its not acceptable so people shouldn't do it if they can at all avoid it could be another reading.... a more human one i would add

the fact you know people who did it means nothing just as it means nothing that henry rollins had a roomate who was depressed......sorry to say.... its not the same... you can't extrapolate one case and make it emblematic of all cases and then draw a judgment....

you really ought to focus a bit more on empathy and be less judgmental of people you don't know...

depression is an illness...very often genetically transmitted and which people often times have no ability to control.... even if they do seek treatment.. it is incredibly complex...certainly more complex than "oh, he took the easy way out, what a dick"......