Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 881841 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #1230 on: July 24, 2015, 12:22:44 pm »
Banter you say?

LOC Recommended Formats Statement

CD > vinyl

III. Audio Works

i. Audio - On Tangible Medium (digital and analog)

Preferred:

A. Sound recordings, in order of preference
        1. Final production/release version of content rather than pre-production version
        2. Published Compact Disc (CD audio) rather than Recordable Compact Disc (CD-R, audio format)
        3. With all jackets, sleeves, enclosures, and inserts rather than without
        4. Stereophonic if originally recorded/released as stereophonic
        5. Monaural if originally recorded/release as monaural
        6. Direct Stream Digital (DSD) or other multi-channel (e.g. Surround Sound) version in addition to stereophonic version if release in both
        7. Vinyl disc (LP) in addition to Compact Disc (CD) if released in both

Acceptable:

A. Sound recordings, in order of preference
        1. Recordable Compact Disc (CD-R) rather than vinyl disc
        2. Vinyl disc rather than audio cassette
        3. Audio cassette if only released as such

😐 🎶

Space Freely

« Reply #1231 on: July 27, 2015, 09:00:16 am »
As tempting as it is to respond to Julian's comment that white women have had it worse than black men here since the end of slavery, a discussion on Jim Crow, racial profiling and mass incarceration would swing this thread way off the intended topic.
I concur.

A discussion of systematic unprosecuted sexual assault, wage disparity, and a de facto ban on hiring women for certain jobs would derail the Musicological banter. A comparison of the relative dates at which white women and black men were allowed to own property; vote; first served in Congress, the Senate, state governorships, the Supreme Court, and the Presidency; and were allowed to serve in liturgical roles in the majority of mainstream religions would be an annoying and longwinded sideshow on the board. The fact that women could be legally sodomized by their husbands in the majority of states IN OUR LIFETIMES would be a downright bummer to think about.

This would all take away from the true victim which is a multimillionaire rapper who didn't get a choreography nomination in America's 17th most prestigious arts award.

I thought it was funny, reading this argument between two guys who are neither black nor female. I guess at least that makes you both (perhaps) impartial. So I brought the question up at the dinner table Friday night. My wife appreciated that I had something to talk about other than beer, baseball, music, and film ((anti-)religion is usually her topic). So thanks to you two for that.

I figured being married to me, she'd for sure project and claim that women have had it harder than blacks in the last 150 years. But alas, her vote was that blacks have had it harder than women. So there you go.

She also said that both the TS and NM videos are both weak...and she's usually pretty friendly to cheez pop like that. Oh well.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1232 on: July 27, 2015, 09:27:13 am »
So thanks to you two for that.
I just try and make a difference.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1234 on: July 28, 2015, 09:15:13 am »
If Taylor Swift ever somehow made a great album, it would sound something like the new Ashley Monroe album.

« Reply #1235 on: July 28, 2015, 09:19:46 am »
If Taylor Swift ever somehow made a great album, it would sound something like the new Ashley Monroe album.
I heard her website just got hacked and a lot of guys who were trying to cheat on their wives with her are getting prettay, prettay, prettay nervous.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #1236 on: July 29, 2015, 03:47:41 pm »
tyler, the creator . . . accuses, wrongly, some woman from Australia of being behind the fact he can,not play in that country, on twitter.  then tyler,s fans, on twitter, are threatening to kill said woman and rape her.  now, tyler, again on twitter, is saying he has nothing to do with such threats and they are not coming from him. 

ahh, the internet, and twitter.

walk,on,by

« Reply #1237 on: July 29, 2015, 03:49:45 pm »
when I grow up, I want to be like chief keef . . . where I can have so many arrest warrants out on me, that I can,not even play at my own concert, and have to show up as a hologram, only to have said concert shut down by the police, after one song, because I am such a menace to society.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1238 on: July 30, 2015, 10:17:45 am »
tyler, the creator . . . accuses, wrongly, some woman from Australia of being behind the fact he can,not play in that country, on twitter.  then tyler,s fans, on twitter, are threatening to kill said woman and rape her.  now, tyler, again on twitter, is saying he has nothing to do with such threats and they are not coming from him. 

ahh, the internet, and twitter.
And Australia says that he's actually not banned from there.
احمد

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1239 on: August 02, 2015, 02:16:28 pm »

😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1240 on: August 02, 2015, 10:03:46 pm »
^ wow
<sig>

« Reply #1241 on: August 03, 2015, 09:16:58 am »
^^ wow is right

Credence Clearwater...but no revival
Pre starship (thank god)
Santana Blues Band?

Byrds and Lil' rich looks like minor acts
who the heck is Lighthouse?
Amazing that 20ish of the 28 bands all are still somewhat revlent
slack

« Reply #1242 on: August 03, 2015, 09:23:55 am »
Uh, the three-peat Juno Award winners for Best Canadian Group of the Year, you anti-True North scum! Sweetcell would knock your teeth out if he heard you talking like this.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:29:32 am by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

« Reply #1243 on: August 03, 2015, 09:29:01 am »
Credence Clearwater...but no revival
I never realized they were called just Creedence Clearwater at one point. And wikipedia makes no mention of this either. Hmm.
LVMH

« Reply #1244 on: August 03, 2015, 10:00:17 am »
Uh, the three-peat Juno Award winners for Best Canadian Group of the Year, you anti-True North scum! Sweetcell would knock your teeth out if he heard you talking like this.
Lighthouse was the first group in Canada to be sponsored by a large corporation on a national level
just listened to "pretty lady" and "Sunny Days"
 glad I never heard of these guys
slack