Author Topic: Robert Griffin III  (Read 79802 times)

ggw

Re: Robert Griffin III
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 09:48:23 am »
While I like RG3, I think it's a little prmature to crown him. I mean, you could hav written this same post about Cam Newton last year. Best of luck to Mr. Griffin, but I will wait until he performs well in multiple seasons before I jump on the bandwagon.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 01:36:40 pm »
Through 6 games he's the highest rated QB in the league and has the highest completion percentage. He's thrown 2 INTs all season, leads all QBs in rushing yards, is in the top 5 in scoring TDs, and is part of the 2nd best rushing attack in the league and tied for the highest scoring team in the league. This is a rookie and he exudes confidence and a calm, cool demeanor. Rex Grossman did not show me that, even when he was with the Bears, even when he won a Super Bowl. Todd Collins didn't show me that, neither did Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, Danny Wuerfel, Tony Banks, Jeff George, or the million other QBs we've had to suffer through.

I get that it's 6 weeks in, but this is arguably the best 6 weeks of any Redskins quarterback play in the past decade..... You may be able to point to Mark Brunell, but he was a grizzled vet by the time he came here. I wasn't excited at the start of the season and I'm sure he will still go through some growing pains, but to not be excited YET is weird and maybe a little too pessimistic.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 02:04:08 pm »
What is their won/lost record?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »
Unfortunately, 3-3. You are what your record is, but did lose all 3 of those games by 1 score or less. So they were in all of them and I can confidently attribute that to Griffin.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 04:57:15 pm »
What a soul crushing loss. We NEED something in our secondary. Unbelievable that was lost Fred Davis for the year AND London Fletcher goes down? Ugh. Injuries are really bumming me out. Shows the team has some insane resiliency....
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 07:32:53 pm »
First half was a dud, but the second half was incredible. Whoever committed the leg whip penalty needs to be released immediately.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 09:41:32 pm »
That was such an insane momentum shift

EDIT: Pretty funny to hear Justin Tuck talking about RG3 after the game...

?I?m pretty mad at the football gods for putting that guy in the NFC East so we have to face him twice a year,?? said defensive end Justin Tuck, who got his first sack of the season against Griffin in the second quarter.

?He takes away from your enthusiasm for the game when you play a play perfectly and he still has the 4.3 speed to outrun guys and make plays. If I was going to run an offense and you asked me if I wanted Vick, Cam or RGIII, I?d take that guy hands down.??

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/rgiii-ii-article-1.1188969

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:32:00 am by DeathFromAbove1979 »
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 12:01:07 pm »

If the leg whip never happens, they win the game.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 12:03:29 pm »
I don't know, they were moving the ball past mid field with 46 seconds left and 1 timeout and Santana fumbles a ball he never usually fumbles.... I'm not blaming him, but I still had confidence in them moving the ball down for one final shot. That 4th and 10 was something you'll see in highlight reel for years. I just WISH we had 1 fucking safety in the back. Or even a shut down corner. Can't stand seeing Dhall chase people from behind.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 12:31:51 pm »

If the leg whip never happens, they win the game.
Was watching but didn't get a close look at the replay of this penalty.  Good call or bad call?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 01:41:56 pm »
He didn't actually TOUCH anyone, which is a weird penalty to me, it looks like he throws his leg/legs up? He didn't touch anyone, but it's still illegal because I guess the purpose is to have someone touch him.... The 1 replay I saw during the game was kind of a zoomed in look, but I had honestly never heard that penalty be called before...
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 05:20:04 pm »
What is their won/loss record?

Unfortunately, 3-3. You are what your record is, but did lose all 3 of those games by 1 score or less. So they were in all of them and I can confidently attribute that to Griffin.

vansmack

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 09:17:50 pm »
Had a chance to watch him for an entire game today and wasn't that impressed, though I will admit that it was a small sample.
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 12:18:57 am »
I haven't seen that many dropped balls since....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 09:22:00 am »
Had a chance to watch him for an entire game today and wasn't that impressed, though I will admit that it was a small sample.
Kind of an unfair game for him, had like 10 or 11 dropped passes? He's hitting receivers right in the numbers and they're all dropping the balls. Finally the rest of the team plays like the old Redskins and Bobby Griff can't pull them out of it. Hopefully we can bounce back against a god awful Panthers team.
‼‼?‼‼