Author Topic: Concert pictures, set lists, records etc thread  (Read 85095 times)

hutch

Re: Concert pictures, set lists, records etc thread
« Reply #225 on: December 31, 2016, 12:50:44 pm »

The apparently ageless Rhett Miller with a distinct Gram Parsons look....

hutch

« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2016, 01:03:14 pm »

Yada

« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2017, 10:40:39 am »

walkie,talkie

« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2017, 11:14:08 am »
rich folked

Yada

« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2017, 11:15:49 am »
rich folked

I wish you would start drinking again, you were much less trolly then. Also, if $2,500 is considered rich, I'm sorry you're poor.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2017, 11:36:53 am »
i do very well for myself.  but . . . sorry you hate poor people.  no band is worth $2500. 

sobered because of my seizure disorder; not because I chose to.  but . . . sorry you hate choice too.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2017, 11:43:20 am »
let me be honest here.

I'm jealous as all hell yada.

am I really being trolly lately?  fuck me.

Yada

« Reply #232 on: January 18, 2017, 11:55:44 am »
i do very well for myself.  but . . . sorry you hate poor people.  no band is worth $2500. 

sobered because of my seizure disorder; not because I chose to.  but . . . sorry you hate choice too.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time explaining myself, but I'm sure Space is licking his chops as well waiting to chime in on this expense of mine.

I didn't pay $2,500 to see Phish. I paid $2,500 to stay in a five star resort* for five nights, eat and drink my face off, snorkel daily, spend time with my partner away from children, see Phish three nights, etc. etc. etc... I did it last year and I'd do it again next year if it comes up.

I like how everyone criticizes this festival but will go stay in NYC for four nights in the middle of winter holed up in a 150sq ft room and spend more than the cost of a Mexico trip. Aye aye!

*did not stay at the dump host resort

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2017, 11:59:25 am »
sorry you hate poor people. 
Yada is stealing my schtick? This is war, motherfucker.
LVMH

« Reply #234 on: January 18, 2017, 12:00:55 pm »
I like how everyone criticizes this festival but will go stay in NYC for four nights in the middle of winter holed up in a 150sq ft room and spend more than the cost of a Mexico trip. Aye aye!
Look, if Michigan has a hockey/basketball double header at a five star resort in Mexico and Miss P is there and we can drink our asses off, I'm totally down for Mexico. Its not my fault it took they chose MSG.
LVMH

« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2017, 12:02:29 pm »
In all seriousness, I don't personally like Phish but I think that price is entirely reasonable for a week vacation at a resort that happens to have a concert connected to it. I don't know why anyone would give Yada grief over this other than Rhett being Rhett.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #236 on: January 18, 2017, 12:05:20 pm »
that does sound like a good deal to be fair!

dude, we're glad you're having fun and thanks for the pictures...

Walkie, when you and your partner come in to DC and eat dinner out, see a show and spend the night at the W Hotel how much does it cost you??? WIth your logic anybody could say "No band is worth that.." back at you man...

hutch

« Reply #237 on: January 18, 2017, 12:07:05 pm »
I like the picture of the waiters/waitresses on the beach! I wonder what they think of Americans.. probably "Thank god they come so I have a job..."

Yada

« Reply #238 on: January 18, 2017, 12:09:59 pm »
that does sound like a good deal to be fair!

dude, we're glad you're having fun and thanks for the pictures...

Walkie, when you and your partner come in to DC and eat dinner out, see a show and spend the night at the W Hotel how much does it cost you??? WIth your logic anybody could say "No band is worth that.." back at you man...

+1 for hutch! Walky is probably dining at a restaurant that was awesome in 2009 as well. Quit wasting money on the flaming lips and The Pig walky!

walkie,talkie

« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2017, 12:17:33 pm »
actually, for the flaming lips . . . I am driving up.  my partner and I were going to stay 2 nights at either the w or st. regis then go to amazing restaurants for breakfast lunch and dinner and see the amazing yayoi kusama exhibit at the hirshorn . . . but then we looked at each other and said really queen?  we need to spend that much money for me to go see a concert?

pay for parking in the lot pay for gas and still have a killer time at the show.

the end. 

I gave today's excitement in this thread.

walkie'ed