Author Topic: Show Conflict(s)  (Read 47755 times)

killsaly

Show Conflict(s)
« on: February 07, 2013, 03:49:13 pm »
I am trying to limit myself to no more than 4 shows a month (trying to keep it low for different reasons).  This month I am already going to (for sure) the Evens on the 9th, Roomrunner on the 21st (and probably Roomrunner/Dope Body on the 23rd since the 21st show is free), and the Secret Mountains record release party with Jacober, Smoke Bellow, and Which Magic. 

The last one is harder.  These are my choices, all in a row, and I can only pick one...
1. Bleeding Rainbow at DC9 (13)
2. Psychic Ills/US Girls at Ottobar (14)
3. Ehse on Ice (15)
4. Astronautalis/Why?/DreamTiger at Ottobar (16)
5. Bosnian Rainbows at Ottobar (17)

I am leaning towards Ehse, since it would be a different kind of show, but Bosnian Rainbows could be great, they might get big sooner than later (plus the awesome shoegaze band Marriages is opening)... BUT a late Valentines date to see Astronautalis would be fun... And Bleeding Rainbows would be loud.

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Show Conflict(s)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 03:55:29 pm »
someday . . . as homeles people cry out for food . . . i'll shed a tear at your problems.

Yada

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:55:33 pm »
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ▄ ▌ ▐ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▌
─ ─ ─ ▄ ▄ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ HONK HONK- ITS A TRUCK ░░ ♥ ░░░▐
▄ ▄ ▄ ▌ ▐ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ FULL OF DEETZ  --- ░░░ ░ ♥ ░ ..░ ░ ░ ▐
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ ▌ █ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▌
▀ (@)▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ (@)(@)▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ (@)▀ ▘

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:57:06 pm »
I'm conflicted on whether or not it's worth paying 75+fees to see Phoenix and Guy Clark Jr. do shorten sets at the Sweetlife festival.  The rest of line-up just doesn't thrill me...
T.Rex

killsaly

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 04:04:43 pm »
I never said it was a "problem". im not a #firstworldproblems kind of guy. Was just making a show conflict thread. 

atomicfront

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 05:02:44 pm »
I am trying to limit myself to no more than 4 shows a month (trying to keep it low for different reasons).  This month I am already going to (for sure) the Evens on the 9th, Roomrunner on the 21st (and probably Roomrunner/Dope Body on the 23rd since the 21st show is free), and the Secret Mountains record release party with Jacober, Smoke Bellow, and Which Magic. 

The last one is harder.  These are my choices, all in a row, and I can only pick one...
1. Bleeding Rainbow at DC9 (13)
2. Psychic Ills/US Girls at Ottobar (14)
3. Ehse on Ice (15)
4. Astronautalis/Why?/DreamTiger at Ottobar (16)
5. Bosnian Rainbows at Ottobar (17)

I am leaning towards Ehse, since it would be a different kind of show, but Bosnian Rainbows could be great, they might get big sooner than later (plus the awesome shoegaze band Marriages is opening)... BUT a late Valentines date to see Astronautalis would be fun... And Bleeding Rainbows would be loud.

My first choice musicaly would be bleeding rainbow.  But it is in DC long drive.  So Why? might be  a good option. 

Ehse would be a no go as I can't stand Lexie Mountain Boys or Ed Schrader. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 05:05:07 pm »
14th: Retribution Gospel Choir.....
(_|_)

atomicfront

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 05:05:18 pm »
I'm conflicted on whether or not it's worth paying 75+fees to see Phoenix and Guy Clark Jr. do shorten sets at the Sweetlife festival.  The rest of line-up just doesn't thrill me...

If I were you I would go because Yeah Yeahs are playing and there aren't too many bands better live than them.  I don't know who this guy clark jr dude is.  You could miss his set and do some pre-game in the parking lot which would save you  money on beer when you get inside.  

killsaly

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 05:05:52 pm »
14th: Retribution Gospel Choir.....
aw man i forgot about that one too (with Deathfix). 

Wasnt there one more must see Feb 14th show we were talking about the other day?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 05:12:57 pm »

If I were you I would go because Yeah Yeahs are playing and there aren't too many bands better live than them.  I don't know who this guy clark jr dude is.  You could miss his set and do some pre-game in the parking lot which would save you  money on beer when you get inside.  

Kosmo, do you get an employee's discount on consumables?
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 05:14:40 pm »

Kosmo, do you get an employee's discount on consumables?

not an employee :)  and i don't drink so the point is moot.
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 05:15:22 pm »
kosmo, im sure phoenix will play for 90 minutes.
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 05:16:04 pm »
My first choice musicaly would be bleeding rainbow.  But it is in DC long drive.  So Why? might be  a good option. 
Bleeding Rainbow would normally be a good choice, as I work in DC and can go after I am done (same with RGC), but I really wanted to do that weeks show as a date, so Ehse would definitely be the frontrunner, since Ice Skating and experimental music only comes to Baltimore once a year; (BUT, with Astronautalis, we are both huge fans of his, plus http://dreamtigerdream.bandcamp.com/will be a future star when her album drops). 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 05:27:08 pm »
kosmo, im sure phoenix will play for 90 minutes.

i was looking at the lineup and realized that I had heard and liked some of  Solange's tracks (aka Beyonce's little Sister).  Kendrick Lamar did nothing for me...  Right now I'm having a hard time buying  an "expensive" ticket four month in advance for a festival I'm not over jazzed about. 
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 05:38:09 pm »
Bleeding Rainbow would normally be a good choice, as I work in DC and can go after I am done (same with RGC), but I really wanted to do that weeks show as a date, so Ehse would definitely be the frontrunner, since Ice Skating and experimental music only comes to Baltimore once a year; (BUT, with Astronautalis, we are both huge fans of his, plus http://dreamtigerdream.bandcamp.com/will be a future star when her album drops). 

I like that Dream Tiger song.  Seems like that will be a pretty awesome show.  I guess ice skating is more romantic though.