Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 574897 times)

hutch

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #735 on: August 29, 2016, 04:13:29 pm »
The funny thing is I'm not a huge Brooce fan myself... but calling him "trash" seems a bit excessive... from the man who likes to listen to Bloody Anus...
It is just my opinion, formed through years of casual exposure to Bruce's music.  Why does it bother you that I do not like him? 

its just very immature to refer to a musician like Bruce Springsteen as "trash".. also kind of lame considering a bunch of people on this thread are excitedly awaiting his concert...

killsaly

« Reply #736 on: August 29, 2016, 04:14:50 pm »
And I care because? 

hutch

« Reply #737 on: August 29, 2016, 04:16:58 pm »
And I care because? 

well if you are an asshole you wouldn't care....

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #738 on: August 29, 2016, 04:17:01 pm »
The funny thing is I'm not a huge Brooce fan myself... but calling him "trash" seems a bit excessive... from the man who likes to listen to Bloody Anus...
It is just my opinion, formed through years of casual exposure to Bruce's music.  Why does it bother you that I do not like him? 

FWIW, I don't like him either.  He's kind of in that Bob Seger camp for me.

Also, I don't like scones or sushi.  Most other people seem to.  Don't understand that in any way.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #739 on: August 29, 2016, 04:19:01 pm »
Now, now, lets leave the Silver Bullet Band out of this people. Lets just remain calm and no one say anything they can't take back.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #740 on: August 29, 2016, 04:19:44 pm »

Also, I don't like scones or sushi.  Most other people seem to.  Don't understand that in any way.
Thank you Ollie.  

hutch

« Reply #741 on: August 29, 2016, 04:20:21 pm »

+1 on sushi
-1 on scones
Pete Seeger has his moments

hutch

« Reply #742 on: August 29, 2016, 04:21:06 pm »
Speaking of Bob Seger I really like Bruce's album of Seger covers.. The Seger Sessions... A mean Ramblin Gamblin WIllie..

gavroche

« Reply #743 on: August 29, 2016, 04:32:38 pm »
It took me a good long while to get into Bruce.  My best friend in College is from Jersey and was absolutely obsessed.  Nebraska is what did it for me, and from there got into some of the other stuff.  I don't like it all. I'll always like the stripped down stuff the best. 

The once I saw him I was bored at times, but it was arena rock show and I was pretty far back.  Think it might be different from the Pitt. I clearly don't love him enough to find out. 

Relaxer

« Reply #744 on: August 29, 2016, 04:44:30 pm »
I don't care at all for sushi. It's one of my secret shames. I'm ambivalent on Springsteen.
oword

Yada

« Reply #745 on: August 29, 2016, 05:01:25 pm »
I don't care at all for sushi. It's one of my secret shames. I'm ambivalent on Springsteen.

Shall we assume you're in a committed relationship these days?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #746 on: August 29, 2016, 05:08:21 pm »
I guess not with the anime girl...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #747 on: August 29, 2016, 05:22:35 pm »
Bruce is trash. 

I first saw the Brooce on the tunnel of love tour in the 80s (when I was in my mid 20s) and was not really impressed. I next saw him again in the mid 2000s (early 40s). I really enjoyed the shows, great songs that I grew up with, very cathartic shows, talented musicians, goodtimes. Now at 50, I will have seen him 3 times this year. Excessive, yes. Probably should have skipped the Verizon Center show, as I had shitty seats and went solo-ish.

I think that he is not "trash," just as Cemetery Piss aren't trash, and that Wilco is/are not "boring," just as Seal isn't boring; They are all artists performing their Art - and one word dismissive pejorative reviews are not to be taken seriously, and are not taken seriously. These types of categorical artist dismissals seem to be stated on this forum to pick fights; and I doubt that the artists that you prefer would join you in your opinions or that they would want to pick those fights.

That being said, Billy Joel is motherfucking garbage. Can we all at least agree on that?

killsaly

« Reply #748 on: August 29, 2016, 05:27:55 pm »
I wrote way more than that three word sentence about my dislike of Bruce.

Cemetery Piss, like Bruce, are not for everyone.

Wilco... Ugh.   

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #749 on: August 29, 2016, 05:33:10 pm »
I wrote way more than that three word sentence about my dislike of Bruce.

Cemetery Piss, like Bruce, are not for everyone.

Wilco... Ugh.   

I know that you did, Bonarroo, Phish, not liking his songs, but it was all superficial; and undermined by equating him/his music with refuse; and yes: until you have stood for 3 hours in the unrelenting rain in western Massachusetts with Bagley to see the WilcoFest, you just have no idea what you are talking about there.

No takers on Billy Joel. Fucking "All for Leyna," the absolute worst.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 05:50:05 pm by challenged »