Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 575615 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #750 on: August 29, 2016, 06:13:15 pm »
Like him or not, you gotta admit Jessie's Girl is a great song.

killsaly

« Reply #751 on: August 29, 2016, 06:36:13 pm »
I do enjoy "Born in East LA"; the song and the movie. 

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #752 on: August 29, 2016, 09:40:50 pm »
I do enjoy "Born in East LA"; the song and the movie. 

Something we all can agree on!

hutch

« Reply #753 on: August 29, 2016, 10:17:02 pm »
man.. if songs like Born to Run or Thunder Road or Rosalita do nothing for you you need your pulse checked...For me I like Springsteen a lot up to about 1982 but I think he fell of a cliff after that.....I love his first album but it is admittedly a very good Dylan forgery....

Springsteen in DC used to play at the old Childe Harold when he first started coming down.. its hard for me to imagine that having been at the place (RIP).. .one of my dream shows if I had a time travel machine would have been the College Park show in the mid 70s.. probably 73 or 74.. the date is on the net but I can't be bothered.. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band opened up for I think Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry closed with Bruce and the E Street Band backing him.. there is a very funny video of Bruce talking about the experience included in the movie Hail Hail Rock and Roll (and I'm sure on youtube).... unfortunately no audio exists

Curiously enough his first band- Steel Mill- had a HUGE following in Richmond, VA but didn't make it anywhere else....Springsteen decided to break it up .. I have a Steel Mill bootleg cd somewhere around here but am scared to listen to it..

John Hammond- pardon me a little bit more credibility than Killsally  (with all due respect of course)- the greatest A&R man in the history of music then signed him to Columbia and the rest is history.. John Hammond for those unaware is the same guy who first signed Count Basie, Billie Holiday, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Ray Vaughan and countless others... 

killsaly

« Reply #754 on: August 29, 2016, 10:24:24 pm »
Are you trying to convince me that I SHOULD like Bruce?  I don't, end of story, you can move on now. 

Enjoy the show, whoever goes, I did not mean to shit on your festivities. 

Edit: I do like the "I'm on Fire" cover that Microkingdom and Sam from Future Islands did. 
https://friendsrecords.bandcamp.com/track/im-on-fire-springsteen
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:34:10 pm by killsaly »

hutch

« Reply #755 on: August 29, 2016, 10:39:51 pm »
Are you trying to convince me that I SHOULD like Bruce?  I don't, end of story, you can move on now. 

no of course not.. I couldn't care less nor do I care for his music - as I wrote- since 1982.... but to call him "trash" is ridiculous..  if you say that you are a moron...

but my post wasn't directed at you killsally.. the world- shock- does not revolve around you.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:41:58 pm by John "Hutch" Hutchinson »

killsaly

« Reply #756 on: August 29, 2016, 10:49:52 pm »
Not directed towards me, but you call me out by name in that post? 

And a big fuck you for the name calling.  Every day you call me a moron or something.  Do I ever call you names?  No.  Try to insult your intelligence?  No. 

hutch

« Reply #757 on: August 29, 2016, 10:51:41 pm »
Not directed towards me, but you call me out by name in that post? 

Also fuck you with the name calling.  Every day you call me a moron or something.  Do I ever call you names?  No.  Try to insult your intelligence?  No. 

well i can't help it if you are a moron Killsally.. saying Springsteen is "trash" is a moronic statement.. hence you are a MORON.. frankly, you're also really annoying and the worst boardie around here so why don't you go in your fridge grab a few ice cubes and shove them up your hairy ass and chill out a bit?

killsaly

« Reply #758 on: August 29, 2016, 10:51:56 pm »
/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:53:31 pm by killsaly »

killsaly

« Reply #759 on: August 29, 2016, 10:52:42 pm »
/

killsaly

« Reply #760 on: August 29, 2016, 10:53:16 pm »
I am glad my statement of Springsteen is trash upsets so many of you.  I really do not care about your opinion, but really, stop with the name calling. 

hutch

« Reply #761 on: August 29, 2016, 10:54:04 pm »
I am glad my statement of Springsteen is trash upsets so many of you.  I really do not care about your opinion, but really, stop with the name calling. 

It does not upset me at all.. I'm just pointing out it shows you are a MORON..

PS I saw the "FUCK YOU", asshole.

killsaly

« Reply #762 on: August 29, 2016, 10:54:50 pm »
/

killsaly

« Reply #763 on: August 29, 2016, 10:55:26 pm »
Again with the names.  Asshole and moron on the same page? 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:57:25 pm by killsaly »

hutch

« Reply #764 on: August 29, 2016, 10:59:54 pm »
FUCK YOU

There, happy?

of course not.. it makes me sad you have an anger problem.. we were having a pleasant conversation about Bruce ticket prices and you showed up and told us he was TRASH hence proving you are a moron... I hope this behavior is limited to the board and you don't act like that in person..... I hate to say it but I think you could benefit from some counseling if you're not getting any yet...