Author Topic: Introductions thread  (Read 23444 times)

atomicfront

Introductions thread
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:33:56 am »
Introduce yourself to the board.  Tell us about yourself.  Your favorite movie, book, band, tv show, your age, your favorite hard cider, your marital status, your education, your hopes, your dreams, your darkest secret.  Who you voted for in the last election or your views on the Lincoln Theater controversy.  Or post a photo.  Whatever, let us know who you are.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Introductions thread
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 12:10:46 pm »
uh, how 'bout you first?  if you're going to start a thread asking people to do something like this, it's best practice to lead by example and do it yourself ;D
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 12:23:09 pm »
yeah this should be good...  ;D

I'm actually enjoying the board

;D

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 09:40:22 am »
Atomicfront, you could also start by posting credit card numbers, social security #, etc. It'd be rude not to.

atomicfront

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 09:47:32 am »
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:17:10 am by atomicfront »

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 09:53:13 am »
It's about time you arrived at work. I arrived at work at 6:20am. It's been lonely without you. I have managed to get a good deal done though.

bearman🐻

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 10:56:35 am »
Atomicfront, you could also start by posting credit card numbers, social security #, etc. It'd be rude not to.

It is funny you call me the troll but you guys can't even introduce yourselves and instead troll up the thread.  I think I might be the only non-troll on the board.  A board of trolls.

I never called you a troll. Some of us know each other through years of posting, meeting up at concerts, etc. If you want to meet some of us, then quit trashing the bands we enjoy and join us for something. Go out on a limb. Hang out, have a beer. Some of us are really quite nice. That's when you'll learn more. In real life.

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 11:57:26 am »
Some of us know each other through years of posting, meeting up at concerts, etc.

Watching the Daily Show....
27>34

bearman🐻

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 12:14:52 pm »
Some of us know each other through years of posting, meeting up at concerts, etc.

Watching the Daily Show....

:)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 05:33:05 pm »
gosh . . . is nobody willing to jump on the name game fame?  not even your favorite book (anything by clive barker), your favorite tv show (twin peaks, csi miami, medium, ab fab, the young ones), your age (thirty nine, god almost forty), your darkest secret (candy crush), or dreams (to be fictional).  nothing?  nothing at all like that?  come on.  give in.

is internet anonymous really that appealing.  lets take it slow and reveal little by little until we all feel comfortable enough . . . to actually meet in person and be civil humans.  neato.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 05:53:44 pm »
gosh . . . is nobody willing to jump on the name game fame? 

if the OP isn't willing to play his own game, can you blame everyone else for doing the same?

"hey guys, jump off this rock, it's really neat. there is water below, you'll be fine.  it's totally cool.  what?  me, jump?  nah, you go first... i'll wait here and watch.  no, really, go ahead."  any takers?

lets take it slow and reveal little by little until we all feel comfortable enough . . . to actually meet in person

some of us are already doing this.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 06:02:23 pm »
one -  you are right.

two -  i am aware that some are meeting, but sometimes i feel left out because i am so far away and i work all the time.

three -  i like the way you single out sections of other peoples posts, in one white sectioned off block after another.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 06:05:03 pm »
im xneverwherex. fav book is neverwhere from neil gaiman. I <3 the dandy warhols. and i know a few (or more than a few) of boardies-ex boardies whatever/wherever theyve gone off to. i lived in dc for years, then went up to nyc and now im in sf. oh and im a chick. last movie i saw: how to make money selling drugs --- go see it!!! (smackie - if youve got time this week (i think its done on thurs), its at the roxie). great documentary.
HeyLa

hutch

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 06:47:17 pm »
im xneverwherex. fav book is neverwhere from neil gaiman. I <3 the dandy warhols. and i know a few (or more than a few) of boardies-ex boardies whatever/wherever theyve gone off to. i lived in dc for years, then went up to nyc and now im in sf. oh and im a chick. last movie i saw: how to make money selling drugs --- go see it!!! (smackie - if youve got time this week (i think its done on thurs), its at the roxie). great documentary.

bold very bold....

James Ford

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 07:34:01 pm »
James Ford: 

Short guy: actually 5'9.25"

early 50's:actually 46

married with a daughter: yep

1973 Pinto with a cassette deck: actually 95 Saturn. Wife drives the 2006 RAV4.

Cheapest guy any of you know: actually, thrifty. And that thriftiness means a) my daughter never had to attend daycare, b) she'll never have to get a college loan, and c) we both maximize our 401K contributions.

Musical taste is as dated as his car: Actually, i'm not the one who attended a Paul McCartney concert last week.

Pompous beer snob: True. What's wrong with that?

they don't let him do anything because he will mess it up: Not true

Clothing style is described as early Walmart: if you spend a lot of money on clothing, cars, or concert tickets, you are stupid. I mostly buy my clothes at thrift stores, you'd be surprised at the stuff people give away.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:50:02 pm by James Ford »