Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 466999 times)

herman otto

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #690 on: May 17, 2017, 03:36:35 pm »
Gee thanks, now I can't ever eat a hotdog anymore without feeling bad and seeing little :-( going ouch, don't cut me and eat me.

« Reply #691 on: May 18, 2017, 09:05:14 am »
I can only imagine it gets a little darker on the next panel when they use the forceps!!!!
slack

ggw

« Reply #692 on: May 18, 2017, 10:10:18 am »

herman otto

« Reply #693 on: May 22, 2017, 06:31:53 pm »
Diet Starts, a new pop up, 14th / U street restaurant, is now serving, "Pill Cosby Cocktails."

G,url.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

« Reply #695 on: June 06, 2017, 09:30:39 am »
Ben's Chili bowl dropping Cosby
new sketch up

Had to add this shot

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:34:04 am by BrownHatch 🍻 Boognish! »
slack

hutch

« Reply #696 on: June 06, 2017, 01:38:33 pm »
went to an Aldis or whatever its called supermarket...for the first time..they have some connection with Trader Joes' but its totally different... one opened in Annandale..about 15 minute drive from me..apparently like a month ago... anyways, gosh the stuff is cheap there..too bad my partner insists on buying everything frickin' organic cause the strawberries and blueberries.. man, they're practically giving them away..

i got some brats for myself... and a six pack of some crazy beer called monterrey (i thought given the name it was from mexico but its from GUATEMALA!).. i'll be posting on the beer thread about it...so you got that to look forward to... :)

Space Freely

« Reply #697 on: June 06, 2017, 02:03:06 pm »
went to an Aldis or whatever its called supermarket...for the first time..they have some connection with Trader Joes' but its totally different... one opened in Annandale..about 15 minute drive from me..apparently like a month ago... anyways, gosh the stuff is cheap there..too bad my partner insists on buying everything frickin' organic cause the strawberries and blueberries.. man, they're practically giving them away..

i got some brats for myself... and a six pack of some crazy beer called monterrey (i thought given the name it was from mexico but its from GUATEMALA!).. i'll be posting on the beer thread about it...so you got that to look forward to... :)

I went to one of those when I was in Trumpland, Indiana last summer. Some scary looking people shopping in that store, but they were all very nice.

herman otto

« Reply #698 on: June 06, 2017, 02:25:43 pm »
I am pretty sure, as the story goes, that the brothers who invented them, catered one to higher end city folk who think most chain food stores are beneath them, and one toward cost conscious people who live in the country but don't want to go to Walmart because they think that is beneath them.

I like Aldi for some types of shopping, and you get weird European brands there . . . and I like Fresh Market for produce and the unique things you can find.  I like Food Lion, because they are throw back and close, and I like Costco because of the cost to what you get ratio.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #699 on: June 06, 2017, 02:36:12 pm »
I went to an Aldi's once to see what all the fuss was about and tried to get a cart only to realize you had to pay for a cart. And not only pay, but pay in pocket change which I eschew. I noped right the fuck out of there.

Someone later told me I would've merely been putting a deposit down on the cart and the money was to ensure I put it back so they could avoid hiring a staffer to care for the lot and this model made me even angrier. I don't go to a grocery store to cosplay a minimum-wage employee. Julian is not a poverty tourist.

tl; dr - Aldis is a grocer for the poor.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #700 on: June 06, 2017, 02:41:53 pm »
^POTW

ggw

« Reply #701 on: June 06, 2017, 02:48:00 pm »
I swear by the McLean Giant.  Far greater and more upscale selection than any other big grocery store in the area.  And they have valet parking.

hutch

« Reply #702 on: June 06, 2017, 02:52:29 pm »
I swear by the McLean Giant.  Far greater and more upscale selection than any other big grocery store in the area.  And they have valet parking.

i wanted to move to mclean..i lobbied for it .. i even looked at a house there..sidehatch and i started our regional dominance there circa 1994..two doors from ethel kennedy's home....i was an illegal alien gardener back then...before all the glory and the inevitable downfall (think scarface..except nonviolent and no michelle pfeiffer)...houses are cheaper there now than in arlington...it is nuts....but the elementary and middle schools (public) aren't as good so we are not doing it..also we jus t need to keep our older boy in the same school i think cause of his autism...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #703 on: June 06, 2017, 03:13:01 pm »
....i was an illegal alien gardener back then...
I just envisioned an actual illegal alien attending UofR and I'm about to pitch that hilarious, fish-out-of-water, comedy-hijinks-ensue premise to a network. I'll give you a Story By credit at some point if someone picks it up.
LVMH

« Reply #704 on: June 07, 2017, 05:39:59 pm »
....i was an illegal alien gardener back then...
I just envisioned an actual illegal alien attending UofR and I'm about to pitch that hilarious, fish-out-of-water, comedy-hijinks-ensue premise to a network. I'll give you a Story By credit at some point if someone picks it up.

little know fact is Bronson Pinchot used Hutch as understudy
but the Perfect Strangers writers decided last minute to make him from a mythical Mediterranean island instead of Argentina
slack