Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 457956 times)

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #765 on: December 21, 2017, 04:57:30 pm »
Has anybody spotted Cheese Tea in the DMV yet?
does this count
slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #766 on: January 03, 2018, 12:28:40 pm »
need a restaurant for dinner, before the dead milkmen show on Friday.  what is the best place surrounding metro center, that is not a long walk, since it will still be an artic tundra.  thank, you.

Yada

« Reply #767 on: January 03, 2018, 12:33:00 pm »
need a restaurant for dinner, before the dead milkmen show on Friday.  what is the best place surrounding metro center, that is not a long walk, since it will still be an artic tundra.  thank, you.

Go, to haz,el, accross the street from the, club...

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #768 on: January 03, 2018, 12:45:20 pm »

Go someplace where they serve raw water. Stir up some serious gastronomical banter.
😐 🎶

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #769 on: January 03, 2018, 12:47:10 pm »

checked out the photos, and the menu and felt the written vibe of the what the chef is doing there, in such a hot spot that is that corridor, which is still so odd to me.  I liked what I saw in all the concepts, and do love the idea of being there and walking right to the show . . . but for me, a corn fed country boy with a hotel room for the night, because no queen drives home that far that late after a show, I need something more refined and eleganza for my dollars and time.  I just know, you understand.  we like all food types and don't mind going to places, that people may think are too stuffy.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:49:30 pm by walkonbyeeeeeeeee »

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #770 on: January 03, 2018, 12:48:31 pm »

Go someplace where they serve raw water. Stir up some serious gastronomical banter.

maybe they play, "takin retards to the zoo" there.

Yada

« Reply #771 on: January 03, 2018, 01:01:33 pm »

checked out the photos, and the menu and felt the written vibe of the what the chef is doing there, in such a hot spot that is that corridor, which is still so odd to me.  I liked what I saw in all the concepts, and do love the idea of being there and walking right to the show . . . but for me, a corn fed country boy with a hotel room for the night, because no queen drives home that far that late after a show, I need something more refined and eleganza for my dollars and time.  I just know, you understand.  we like all food types and don't mind going to places, that people may think are too stuffy.

Then go to Kinship.

/thread

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #772 on: January 03, 2018, 01:10:46 pm »
If you're going high-end near(ish) Metro Center, check the Lafayette, or Plume, or the Bombay Club for Indian.  If you want corn-fed, not that high-end, but still nice, Sweet Georgia Browns is hard to pass up.  Brasserie Beck is also nice, if you like cassoulet and belgian things.  WTF is also not HIGH-end, but raised some eyebrows, but I've never been.  I dunno.  There's some ideas. Also, these may be 1-2 stops away from Metro Center...

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #773 on: January 03, 2018, 01:47:57 pm »
If you're going high-end near(ish) Metro Center, check the Lafayette, or Plume, or the Bombay Club for Indian.  If you want corn-fed, not that high-end, but still nice, Sweet Georgia Browns is hard to pass up.  Brasserie Beck is also nice, if you like cassoulet and belgian things.  WTF is also not HIGH-end, but raised some eyebrows, but I've never been.  I dunno.  There's some ideas. Also, these may be 1-2 stops away from Metro Center...

those are all good choices, and I have to been to gb's, and bb.  I have just been introduced to indian, which I fell in love with.

Yada

« Reply #774 on: January 03, 2018, 01:51:27 pm »

I have just been introduced to indian, which I fell in love with.

then go to Rasika.

/thread

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #775 on: January 03, 2018, 01:53:29 pm »

Then go to Kinship.

/thread

yes, gurl, yes.  I have heard, that you literally have to order right when you sit down to be able to get the full experience of the best food, because it takes awhile.  at city zen, zeibold was a god, and I got to eat there twice, staring at him through most of the meal. those mini rolls from the box.  the cheese round.  the bar, which was the heaven waiting room for your table. 

a . . .  little less, bank, yada . . . but you are on the right wave,length. 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #776 on: February 12, 2018, 09:35:02 pm »
New Z-Burger opening soon in, of all places, Beltway Plaza Mall in Greenbelt.
😐 🎶

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #777 on: February 14, 2018, 01:22:59 pm »
why, i am so obsessed with uncle julios, now?  damn it's good for a chain place Mexican.  it reminds me, of old school Chi Chi's restaurants.

« Reply #778 on: April 30, 2018, 04:43:49 pm »
Dinner at Del Mar Pre Show: Expensive but delicious, A-
'rents are in town memorial day weekend and made sure to get a reservation
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?