Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 457644 times)

K8teebug

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2013, 10:10:14 am »
i love city folks talking about the best bbq.  awesome.  come to the cuntry.  we have bbq you cant beat.  except nc.  and homemade coleslaw that will melt your fucking face.  no one beats that coleslaw.

I have never been able to replicate the coleslaw I've eaten in NC.  So f'ing delicious.  My favorite BBQ state!

K8teebug

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2013, 10:11:04 am »
This thread is making me wish I still traveled a bunch for work.  So much fun driving an entire state in one week and eating at awesome places.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2013, 10:27:02 am »
i love city folks talking about the best bbq.  awesome.  come to the cuntry.  we have bbq you cant beat.  except nc.  and homemade coleslaw that will melt your fucking face.  no one beats that coleslaw.

I have never been able to replicate the coleslaw I've eaten in NC.  So f'ing delicious.  My favorite BBQ state!

two words . . . lauders coleslaw.  look it up.

atomicfront

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2013, 10:39:48 am »
This thread is making me wish I still traveled a bunch for work.  So much fun driving an entire state in one week and eating at awesome places.

I guess it depends on the state.  I have spent time in Nashville and Memphis and didn't find much worth eating. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2013, 10:42:41 am »
uhh huh.  like i totally believe that.  i believe you enjoy saying that, more than actually believing that.  because that is always better than that.  that is of course, you believe that.

slappy

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2013, 10:46:33 am »
uhh huh.  like i totally believe that.  i believe you enjoy saying that, more than actually believing that.  because that is always better than that.  that is of course, you believe that.
Am I in the Matrix? ... Because I understand that.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2013, 10:49:37 am »

atomicfront

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2013, 11:21:56 am »

I don't eat fried food and I don't like sweet tea.  And I don't eat mammals..  So there wasn't much in that state that I liked.  Well except the music.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2013, 11:47:46 am »
I don't eat fried food and I don't like sweet tea.  And I don't eat mammals..  So there wasn't much in that state that I liked.  Well except the music.

Do you eat cephalopods?

atomicfront

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2013, 01:02:02 pm »

Do you eat cephalopods?

They were the first persons to ever eat one?  That is cool.  I was in Iceland and talked about eating Puffins and Whales but I never did.  Don't think I would eat a rare animal.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2013, 01:46:02 pm »

atomicfront

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2013, 01:50:35 pm »
The local French Restaurant only has coq au vin occasionaly. I would go there every week if they had it all the time.  Coq au vin takes forever to make so I very rarely make it myself.  Is there anywhere that has it on the menu all the time.

Yada

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2013, 01:52:45 pm »
I've been sucked into the trap of 14th street this evening and trying Le Diplomate. We shall see if it lives up to the (over)hype.

atomicfront

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2013, 01:56:54 pm »
I've been sucked into the trap of 14th street this evening and trying Le Diplomate. We shall see if it lives up to the (over)hype.

I would go on Friday as that is Bouillabaisse day.  They don't have Coq au vin either.  What is wrong with the world?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2013, 02:10:45 pm »
Save room for the grapefruit sorbet (so I'm told).