Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 467195 times)

stevewizzle

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2013, 03:57:38 pm »
Toki Underground now takes reservations.  ;D

I'll be dining there tonight.

enjoy, that place rules.

i'll be hitting up little serow friday.

Yada

« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2013, 05:09:46 pm »
Any restaurants worth checking out near IOTA? I don't' venture to VA often and catching a show there in a few weeks.

stevewizzle

« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2013, 05:35:27 pm »
Any restaurants worth checking out near IOTA? I don't' venture to VA often and catching a show there in a few weeks.

i always eat at galaxy hut and have a few good beers and bar food before iota shows.  comfort food, more or less. but i really dig that place.

lyon hall is pretty killer for eats, and not too far.  good beers, too.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2013, 05:45:53 pm »
I'm down for some gastroenterological banter. Colace or polyethyline glycol, who ya got?
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2013, 06:28:29 pm »
Fireworks Pizza does very good pizza and excellent draft list....within walking distance.

Yada

« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2013, 10:01:06 am »
thanks folks!

Yada

« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2013, 12:16:45 pm »
P.S. Toki is like crack. Even though I just ate there last night, I could eat there again right now.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2013, 12:22:42 pm »
i know this is dumb . . . but what, in your opinion, is the best restaurant that has graced dc?  my pick goes right to asia nora, now long gone, and what a sad day that was.  once you went there enough, and keep telling them how much better they are than nora each time you visit, and boy were you in like flynn with the entire staff and owners.  oh my, indeed.

stevewizzle

« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2013, 12:29:53 pm »
P.S. Toki is like crack. Even though I just ate there last night, I could eat there again right now.

what'd you get?  my usual is a half-dozen steamed dumplings, the masumi veggie, add a soft egg and siracha, and a bottle of sake. shared of course.

their special bowls are also always incredible.  their tan tan mien comes to mind, it's other worldly, but only pops up on the menu once or twice a month.

fuck i want it now.

Yada

« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2013, 12:34:50 pm »

what'd you get?  my usual is a half-dozen steamed dumplings, the masumi veggie, add a soft egg and siracha, and a bottle of sake. shared of course.

their special bowls are also always incredible.  their tan tan mien comes to mind, it's other worldly, but only pops up on the menu once or twice a month.

fuck i want it now.

my mouth is currently watering.

I had the classic with pork belly + siracha add on, pan fried dumplings, and pickled cucumbers... and two Taiwan beers.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2013, 01:24:08 pm »
What's the scene at Toki on say, a Wednesday at around 7pm?  Line out the door?  Ghost town?  Reservations a must?

stevewizzle

« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2013, 01:32:29 pm »
What's the scene at Toki on say, a Wednesday at around 7pm?  Line out the door?  Ghost town?  Reservations a must?

ill defer to more recent patrons but monday through wednesday i've been able to put my name in, and 45 min-1 hr later after having a beer downstairs i get a text seats are ready.  2 people only.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2013, 01:33:37 pm »
jesus christ . . . am i the only mother fucker who hasnt heard of or been to a, toki?

Yada

« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2013, 01:40:24 pm »

Grateful, they take reservations now through CityEats, so I'd try that first.

However, if you show up on a Wednesday at 7pm, you'll prob. wait an hour or so, just hang at The Pug downstairs.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2013, 01:50:12 pm »

Grateful, they take reservations now through CityEats, so I'd try that first.

However, if you show up on a Wednesday at 7pm, you'll prob. wait an hour or so, just hang at The Pug downstairs.

:) thanks!