Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 467157 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2013, 04:11:14 pm »
i'll be hitting up little serow friday.

Looking forward to reading your impression!  I just read that Doi Moi gives it a run for its money...

K8teebug

« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2013, 10:50:53 am »
Founding Farmers was awesome!  I had the fried chicken and waffles with mac and cheese (which gave my favorite mac and cheese at Southside 815 a run for its money...but Southside is still my favorite.  Unless I can go to Cochon in NOLA).  Had the bread with dipping areas and warm cookies for dessert.  Husband had the ahi tuna salad and liked it.  Thought the presentation was a little bit strange, but it was tasty.

Loved their cocktails. 

And I thought it was priced really well.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2013, 10:51:40 am »
 :) :) :) Awesome!

atomic

« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2013, 11:13:51 am »
I went to Cinghale's on Saturday night.  Started off with the Arugla salad then the Duck Lasanga, and for my entree I had Bronzini with potatos and for desert I had Tiramisu.  My wife had some squid ink spaghetti with perwinkless and squab as her entree.   The food was pretty good but I don't know it was worth the price.  I still prefer Sotto Sopra for Italian and it is cheaper. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2013, 11:21:09 am »
Sounds great!

K8teebug

« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2013, 01:54:37 pm »
There is one down the street from my work and I have yet to visit it!  Is it really that good?

If this is in reference to Nando's... yes, yes it is.

Thanks for this recommendation.  There's a Nando's next to my hotel for MCM.  I like plain chicken and mashed potatoes before a marathon and this looks like it will fit the bill!

« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2013, 02:02:15 pm »
There is one down the street from my work and I have yet to visit it!  Is it really that good?

If this is in reference to Nando's... yes, yes it is.

Thanks for this recommendation.  There's a Nando's next to my hotel for MCM.  I like plain chicken and mashed potatoes before a marathon and this looks like it will fit the bill!

I have to add that since this recommendation was posted I've been 3 time and seriously love the hot sauce the smother all over it.  The spicy green peas are great too.  The spicy stuff may not be the best for a marathon....
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2013, 02:03:58 pm »
Yeah, I have to eat their more boring food.  Maybe I'll go back after the race for the spicy versions!

Yada

« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2013, 02:10:27 pm »
Founding Farmers was awesome!  I had the fried chicken and waffles with mac and cheese (which gave my favorite mac and cheese at Southside 815 a run for its money...but Southside is still my favorite.  Unless I can go to Cochon in NOLA).  Had the bread with dipping areas and warm cookies for dessert.  Husband had the ahi tuna salad and liked it.  Thought the presentation was a little bit strange, but it was tasty.

Loved their cocktails. 

And I thought it was priced really well.

Any issues with the amount of red onion in the dish? I easily could've just had a bad chef the night I had it.

Also re: Nandos... I may have posted this earlier in the thread, but they now sell the hot sauce at Giant, Safeway, Target, etc. Prepare to eat their hot sauce on EVERYTHING.

K8teebug

« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2013, 02:21:28 pm »
nope.  Red onion amount just fine.

Yada

« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2013, 03:52:36 pm »
Slumming it this evening at Daikaya instead of Toki.

James Ford

« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2013, 03:59:23 pm »
Are you trying to get all of your dining experiences in before the kid comes?

Yada

« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2013, 04:01:02 pm »
Are you trying to get all of your dining experiences in before the kid comes?

Friend in town from LA, but yes... better live it up while I can!

Yada

« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2013, 11:37:22 am »
Casa Luca for a work lunch today... i'm starving.

The pastas look killer.

http://www.casalucadc.com/casaluca/assets/File/Lunch%209-26.pdf

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2013, 11:39:04 am »
i have not eaten food for two days.  just because.  it hurts.  dont do it.  but i feel alive.  but i always feel alive.  sometimes i do weird things.