Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 468454 times)

Yada

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #720 on: October 10, 2017, 10:17:49 am »
Imma agree with sidestout that PP is more of a bar in my opinion than a restaurant. I'm also quite disappointed you'd spend money on pizza space when you could easily make that at home for a fraction of the cost.

Verdict: Hats allowed.

Space Freely

« Reply #721 on: October 10, 2017, 10:25:42 am »
Imma agree with sidestout that PP is more of a bar in my opinion than a restaurant. I'm also quite disappointed you'd spend money on pizza space when you could easily make that at home for a fraction of the cost.

Verdict: Hats allowed.

I don't make pizza nearly as good as Pizza Paradiso. So there's that.

And while I would say my wife makes pizza that is in the same league (though we don't have a brick oven at home), it's nice to not have to cook once in a while. Surely you understand!

Plus, the happy hour pricing actually makes some of the beer cheaper at PP than if you purchased it retail. So that helps!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #722 on: October 10, 2017, 10:34:03 am »
I had the Korean BBQ Beef Brisket Bao at the Anthem.  It was highly tasty, overpriced, and not especially Korean.  If I were eating there, I'd definitely consider ordering it again.  That said, if I had the time, I'd find a local spot and eat before going in.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #723 on: October 10, 2017, 10:38:40 am »
There is a restaurant/high-end whisky bar in Richmond with a posted, and enforced, not hats for gentlemen policy and the continual (every 2-3 week’s for 2+ years) social media outrage over it is a consistent source of comedy. Some of these bros get so infuriated about being asked to take their hat off.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #724 on: October 10, 2017, 11:05:04 am »
This is how you should have handled the situation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqp1bGuiHHs

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #725 on: November 06, 2017, 05:58:27 pm »
Baked Bear is coming to Pike and Rose.  They need to set up a kiosk at the Wharf.

[Baked Bear] is known for its original-recipe craft ice cream that is sandwiched between freshly baked cookies, brownies or doughnuts. Customers can mix and match their top and bottom. The sandwiches can also be rolled through toppings like Fruity Pebbles, Oreo crumbs, Nutella and Heath Bar bits.  The ice cream sandwiches are then hot pressed.

ggw

« Reply #726 on: November 07, 2017, 01:14:12 pm »
...mix and match their top and bottom...

Anyone heard from walkonby lately?

Yada

« Reply #727 on: November 07, 2017, 01:26:24 pm »

I have it on good authority that hutch has sent him a few personal emails with no response back thus far.

hutch

« Reply #728 on: November 07, 2017, 01:52:15 pm »
No...i gave up..i mean if he does not want to be around....

« Reply #729 on: November 07, 2017, 02:08:00 pm »

I believe I heard something about him and Relaxer running off together for a sexcapade.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #730 on: November 07, 2017, 02:18:05 pm »

I believe I heard something about him and Relaxer running off together for a sexcapade.

Herman Otto - last post, October 3, 2017
Relaxer - last post, October 3, 2017

« Reply #731 on: November 07, 2017, 02:30:58 pm »

Truth is out there, Sheeple!
LVMH

« Reply #732 on: November 07, 2017, 03:13:57 pm »

again GGW with the continuity police!

I heard from relaxer via email slightly after those dates as I an extra for the Anthem Soft opening
but he declined, so don't know if Otto was manning his email while he had him tied up in the gimp suit
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #733 on: November 08, 2017, 10:28:52 am »
So for many years, our staff holiday party has been a potluck in January. I guess staff at some point decided that MLK Day was more worthy of celebration than the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim holidays that come in December. Whatever, MLK was a man who did great things, I won't argue. Let's sit around the office and eat each other's crappy food in January rather than going to a nice DC restaurant in December. Woohoo.

This year someone decided to put it to a vote. December vs. January, and potluck vs. restaurant.

Yay! December won overwhelmingly. But potluck also won overwhelmingly. WTF? DC is a pretty decent restaurant town, and who doesn't want to get out of the office for a few hours? Instead, we'll be crowding once again into our tiny seminar room, eating each other's food. I hope they do it on my telework day.

« Reply #734 on: November 08, 2017, 11:44:43 am »
so I don't think it's about MLK (or you for that matter)
I've been at a number of firms that do the holiday party for the staff in Jan, because December is usually filled with tons of Client and Vendor parties as well as family commitments to parties

I hope they do it on my telework day.
man you must be at fun at work as you are on this board
slack