Author Topic: Julian's America II: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 217437 times)

Re: Julian's America II: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2016, 10:21:33 am »
One of your San Francisco members decided to publish an open letter this week about  how the homeless are ?riff raff? whose ?pain, struggle and despair? shouldn?t have to be endured by ?wealthy? people commuting to work.

I am writing today, to voice my concern and outrage over the increasing homeless and drug problem that the city is faced with. I?ve been living in SF for over three years......

The wealthy working people have earned their right to live in the city
Justin Keller, tech entrepreneur

thankfully twitter is increasing the diameter of his anus
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2016, 10:32:39 am »
One of your San Francisco members decided to publish an open letter this week about  how the homeless are ?riff raff? whose ?pain, struggle and despair? shouldn?t have to be endured by ?wealthy? people commuting to work.

I am writing today, to voice my concern and outrage over the increasing homeless and drug problem that the city is faced with. I?ve been living in SF for over three years......

The original JA thread was deleted because a moderator with severe emotional problems was butthurt that he was an obese freak because I posted about how kiosk workers at a "mall" were basically vagrants and beggars and one should throw change at them aggressively.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2016, 10:45:22 am »
I'm not sure what thread to post this in, but this one seems like as good of an option as any (and it's not really worthy of its own thread).

So we have one "homeless" woman in our neighborhood. She is "homeless", but always weather-appropriately dressed. With an umbrella. With winter gear, With summer gear. With seemingly different clean clothes every time we see her.  Sometimes with nicer clothes than I'm wearing.

We see her with her little "homeless please help" sign near the vehicle exit next to Whole Foods at our local stripmall. She's there only when the weather is not too warm or not too cold.

One time I saw her in Giant and she had a grocery cart full of paid for groceries, enough to feed multiple people. She was telling the woman she was with that "they better not say such and such to my son".

My daughter goes to a summer camp that makes use of a neighborhood pool that's part of a townhouse community (I think). I'm pretty sure you'd either have to be a paying community pool member or a townhouse community member to use the pool...anyway...my daughter saw the "homeless" woman hanging out at the pool.

There is no point to this story, I just thought I'd share.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2016, 10:55:14 am »
Thanks, that was fun.

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2016, 11:01:29 am »
I'm not sure what thread to post this in, but this one seems like as good of an option as any (and it's not really worthy of its own thread).

So we have one "homeless" woman in our neighborhood. She is "homeless", but always weather-appropriately dressed. With an umbrella. With winter gear, With summer gear. With seemingly different clean clothes every time we see her.  Sometimes with nicer clothes than I'm wearing.

We see her with her little "homeless please help" sign near the vehicle exit next to Whole Foods at our local stripmall. She's there only when the weather is not too warm or not too cold.

One time I saw her in Giant and she had a grocery cart full of paid for groceries, enough to feed multiple people. She was telling the woman she was with that "they better not say such and such to my son".

My daughter goes to a summer camp that makes use of a neighborhood pool that's part of a townhouse community (I think). I'm pretty sure you'd either have to be a paying community pool member or a townhouse community member to use the pool...anyway...my daughter saw the "homeless" woman hanging out at the pool.

There is no point to this story, I just thought I'd share.
We had a pretty fair kerfuffle a few years back in RVA when the Times-Dispatch did an interview with a fake homeless person who admitted he cleared $13+ an hour panhandling.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2016, 01:08:18 pm »
27>34

« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2016, 01:19:35 pm »
Power Bowls
Old news. Acai (et al) bowls have come and went in my America. The new thing is eating the same thing every day without exception.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2016, 11:49:59 am »

The original JA thread was deleted because a moderator with severe emotional problems was butthurt that he was an obese freak because I posted about how kiosk workers at a "mall" were basically vagrants and beggars and one should throw change at them aggressively.

Did i, read this right?  The part with the line through it?  And, nobody said anything?  Wow?

« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2016, 11:52:19 am »
Did i, read this right?  The part with the line through it? 
You aren't supposed to read things with lines through them. Lines through things are legally binding.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2016, 11:55:40 am »
Speaking of lines . . . You just, crossed one.

« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2016, 02:30:04 pm »
I don't know about your peeps in michigan

In Section 158 of the bill, it is noted that people who commit ?the abominable and detestable crime against nature either with mankind or with any animal? will be charged with a felony, punishable with a minimum of one day in jail and a maximum of life in prison.
slack

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2016, 02:40:39 pm »
I don't know about your peeps in michigan

In Section 158 of the bill, it is noted that people who commit ?the abominable and detestable crime against nature either with mankind or with any animal? will be charged with a felony, punishable with a minimum of one day in jail and a maximum of life in prison.
Like a lot of places in the Midwest, Michigan is two parts: liberal colleges and big cities, and the rest of the state is Kentucky. Lots of Trump-y, militia, "my America is being stolen away from me" loons up there. And yet the state leans pretty "blue" overall.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2016, 11:50:22 pm »
You push the envelope, down the elevator shaft.  I, like it.  Let's hate together, as one.

« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2016, 12:30:41 pm »
Kinda seems like this would go well here
Hong Kong clubbers covered in excrement

mostly because The venue was packed with hundreds of clubbers when a pipe from the second-floor VIP bathroom running directly over the dance floor burst, covering patrons with raw sewage.

they really need to up their game in the graphics dept
slack