Author Topic: Orioles....part 2?  (Read 330364 times)

vansmack

Re: Orioles....part 2?
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2014, 05:33:54 pm »
I didn't realize the O's got Lombardozzi in the Gonzalez deal.  That's a great deal for the O's, turning a minor league contract for Gonzalez into an under control utility guy.

Gonzalez cut,  cost the Tigers $1.1 million. I'm not even going to look up Lombardozzi 's salary but I know it's not $1 million
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2014, 07:39:27 pm »
I didn't realize the O's got Lombardozzi in the Gonzalez deal.  That's a great deal for the O's, turning a minor league contract for Gonzalez into an under control utility guy.

Gonzalez cut,  cost the Tigers $1.1 million. I'm not even going to look up Lombardozzi 's salary but I know it's not $1 million
I have to think we are signing Drew right after the draft, but this whole kerfuffle has been bizarre. At least we got Krol outta all this but still I think dombrowski got hosed a bit. Good thing our division sucks...
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2014, 07:54:26 pm »
Speaking of the Tigers, when is Chris "Brady" Davis going to start hitting some home runs?

« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2014, 08:00:43 pm »
Speaking of the Tigers, when is Chris "Brady" Davis going to start hitting some home runs?
About 36 hours after he gets his next steroid injection, assuredly.
LVMH

shemptiness

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2014, 10:56:59 pm »

I expect such nonsensical goading from Ford.  But steroids?  Really? 

stevewizzle

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2014, 10:59:19 pm »
well that's one way to lose a ball game.

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2014, 11:01:11 pm »

I expect such nonsensical goading from Ford.  But steroids?  Really? 
I'm rarely serious on here.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2014, 08:29:33 am »
well that's one way to lose a ball game.

They are pissing me off.

hutch

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2014, 08:32:08 am »
Brady Anderson had one year where he hit more than 50..totally an outlier.....we know why

what i don't get is why ryan braun is getting so much love..

its amazing how much a guy like bonds got villified..then you have an admitted cheater (once? I think twice) and he's getting standing ovations? and people talking on mlb network about how great a hitter he is?

i actually think all of that stuff should be legal (within the law....ie, they could go abroad to get their stuff if its illegal to do in the US..i don't know) but if people are goign to get on the ballplayers they should apply the same standard.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2014, 08:33:16 am »
Yeah, but the great/worst thing about baseball is that you usually play again the next day and have a chance at redemption.

That being said, it'll be great to have Manny back.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2014, 08:33:59 am »
was replying to k8teebug

K8teebug

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2014, 10:54:43 am »
Yeah, but the great/worst thing about baseball is that you usually play again the next day and have a chance at redemption.

That being said, it'll be great to have Manny back.

Yes it will.  And baseball is a marathon, not a sprint :)

shemptiness

« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2014, 10:58:43 am »
And it's 11AM on Patriot's Day - we can turn the page already.

ggw

« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2014, 11:07:14 am »
its amazing how much a guy like bonds got villified..then you have an admitted cheater (once? I think twice) and he's getting standing ovations? and people talking on mlb network about how great a hitter he is?

Braun only got a standing o at home. On the road, he gets jeered and heckled.  Bonds, like Rodriguez and Roger Clemens, is getting extra hate for the lying on top of the cheating.

stevewizzle

« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2014, 11:53:48 am »

Braun only got a standing o at home. On the road, he gets jeered and heckled.  Bonds, like Rodriguez and Roger Clemens, is getting extra hate for the lying on top of the cheating.

it's not out of line to say bonds gets some extra hate for two other reasons: he was really, really, good, and he's black.