Author Topic: Orioles....part 2?  (Read 330623 times)

shemptiness

Re: Orioles....part 2?
« Reply #705 on: February 25, 2015, 06:56:27 pm »

Got Haggis?

« Reply #706 on: February 25, 2015, 08:37:40 pm »
Well....I mean, they did release him because of his neck

hutch

« Reply #707 on: February 25, 2015, 09:13:32 pm »
Well....I mean, they did release him because of his neck

pretty sure John Schuerholz (sic) knows what he's doing

Its just bad policy to put that sort of thing out there to kind of justify it to the fans.....they should not have made those comments... The Red Sox are horrible in that department....I remember how they tarred and feathered Nomar on the way out..

shemptiness

« Reply #708 on: February 26, 2015, 12:17:34 pm »
From Roch:

'I'm surprised that it has become such a big story, considering that the local media ran quotes from Duquette about the club's concerns over Markakis' physical condition. Initially, Duquette alluded to issues without revealing the MRI results due to the HIPAA Law. I also was told over the winter that the Orioles didn't want to hurt his negotiations.

You actually could argue that the Orioles tried to do him a favor, but Markakis clearly has a different opinion.'

hutch

« Reply #709 on: February 26, 2015, 12:26:05 pm »
the media ALWAYS takes the ownership/management's side..

the player is always greedy...

let me ask you Orioles fan: Does Markakis strike you as a liar?

I mean the guy was the most straight up player I can remember.. no bullshit with the guy.. always played hard... never a problem with him anywhere...

K8teebug

« Reply #710 on: February 26, 2015, 12:28:21 pm »
Nick Markakis needed to shut up. It only hurts him. They offered him a deal, he wanted more money, and he took it. Good for him. That's baseball.

K8teebug

« Reply #711 on: February 26, 2015, 12:28:53 pm »
and uh.....and uh.....and uh....

K8teebug

« Reply #712 on: February 26, 2015, 12:29:23 pm »
Sorry, inside joke, I guess.

I like Nick Markakis, and it's sad he's not on the team anymore, but sometimes baseball breaks your heart a little.

« Reply #713 on: March 04, 2015, 06:07:35 pm »
ok...can anyone give me advice on when single tickets go on sale for O's games

I only see stub hub?

the BoSox Vs O's game on the 24th and 25th don't look like they are onsale yet
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #714 on: March 04, 2015, 10:32:46 pm »
ok...can anyone give me advice on when single tickets go on sale for O's games

I only see stub hub?

the BoSox Vs O's game on the 24th and 25th don't look like they are onsale yet

Season ticket holders get first dibs on OD and regular season.  Haven't gotten anything from the team yet.   They're unusually late this year.

« Reply #715 on: March 05, 2015, 10:27:22 am »
Yeah, I call the BO a few weeks back and he said "should be first week of March"
but he didn't give me a date which I thought was odd
Internet searches come up with zilch
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #716 on: March 06, 2015, 09:51:35 am »
Opening day and single ticket sales for season ticket holders go on sale March 19.

shemptiness

« Reply #717 on: March 06, 2015, 10:48:41 pm »
Opening day and single ticket sales for season ticket holders go on sale March 19.

From Roch:

Individual tickets for Orioles regular season games at Camden Yards will go on sale this Wednesday, March 11 at 10 a.m. It is recommended that fans purchase online.

K8teebug

« Reply #718 on: March 09, 2015, 11:30:22 am »
Not opening day though. Opening day is March 19. For season ticket holders only.

vansmack

« Reply #719 on: March 10, 2015, 11:46:10 am »
From the Rumors Section:

O's checking on Howard?

You probably didn't notice -- and really, there was no reason for you to have done so -- but in Monday's game between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Batlimore Orioles, Ryan Howard had a pair of singles. So why was this noteworthy?

According to Jim Salisbury of CSN Philly, the Orioles were paying very close attention to Howard's performance as his sources say Baltimore is "keeping an eye on Howard this spring."

As Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe wrote over the weekend, Howard is certainly available via trade, but "his play has declined because of Achilles' issues and he's owed $60 million. The Phillies have tried to shop him, and are willing to take on most of the money, but there have been no takers. In a perfect world, the Phillies would use Darin Ruf at first base, but now he's slated to play left field with Howard at first."

Current Orioles first baseman Chris Davis is speaking out about how he isn't keen on re-signing with the team going forward. Meanwhile, Baltimore did have talks regarding Howard in December, and as Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reported at the time, they are one of the eight teams on the slugger's "pre-approved list for trades."
27>34