> GENERAL DISCUSSION

The MLB Thread

(1/468) > >>

shemptiness:
I figured we could use one of these for baseball comments that don't necessarily pertain to the Nats or
 O's.  Or Angels?

I'll start with this:

NEW YORK ? The New York Yankees were hit with a $28 million luxury tax bill, pushing their total past the $250 million mark since the penalty began in 2003.

Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner said he hopes to get under the threshold next year, when it rises to $189 million.

The Yankees are responsible for $252.7 million of the $285.1 million in tax paid by all clubs over the past 11 years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/apnewsbreak-yankees-hit-with-28m-luxury-tax/2013/12/17/eac59e88-6777-11e3-997b-9213b17dac97_story.html

i am gay and i like cats:
doesnt vansmack already have a thread about baseball somewhere around here?  all he seems to care about is hot women, technology and baseball.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI:

--- Quote from: walkonby on December 18, 2013, 04:54:44 pm ---doesnt vansmack already have a thread about baseball somewhere around here?  all he seems to care about is hot women, technology and baseball.

--- End quote ---
He once said he was qualified to be the Lexington correspondent for The Economist. He's a fascinating case study if you truly peer deeply into the Smack.

vansmack:

--- Quote from: Julian, Former Weblebrity on December 18, 2013, 05:33:45 pm ---He's a fascinating case study if you truly peer deeply into the Smack.

--- End quote ---

Many have tried.  Few have succeeded.

vansmack:
Projected 2014 Halo's lineup:

CF Mike Trout
RF Josh Hamilton
1B Albert Pujols
DH Raul Ibanez
2B Howie Kendrick
3B David Freese
SS Erick Aybar
C Chris Iannetta