Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 615302 times)

vansmack

Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2014, 11:53:08 am »
Joel Hanrahan to Detroit a year off Tommy Johns. At worst, can't be worse than what we had on pen already. Terms not announced yet.

Great flyer to take, assuming they didn't overspend (which I doubt they would have to).
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2014, 03:52:51 pm »
Terms not announced yet.

It's a great deal for Det:

$1 million guaranteed and a chance to make it $3 million with incentives.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2014, 04:24:59 pm »
Terms not announced yet.

It's a great deal for Det:

$1 million guaranteed and a chance to make it $3 million with incentives.
Saw that. Incentives might be hard to hit since it looks like it'll be 6 weeks before he makes the big league team. Supposedly hit 93 with consistency in his trial for other teams.

My dad was in KC visiting fam and he and my uncle went to see the series with the Royals, sent me a txt message "Tigers look like best team in baseball, as long as they assassinate Phil Coke." Ha.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2014, 01:29:55 am »
The Angels are 0-7 in games started by LHP Hector Santiago & 16-10 in games started by anyone else
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2014, 06:45:23 am »
Is this the MLB thread or the Angels thread?

Maybe he should pitch with his right hand.

atomic

« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2014, 10:40:15 am »
The Angels are 0-7 in games started by LHP Hector Santiago & 16-10 in games started by anyone else

Hows that guy Cron looking?  I picked him up on Sunday for my fantasy team. 

vansmack

« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2014, 12:04:30 pm »

There's no book on him, so he's taking advantage of the league not knowing how to pitch him.  He's doing fine with fastballs though.  The test, as always, will be if he can hit the breaking stuff.  With Ibanez hitting south of the Mendoza line right now, he'll get some AB's, though he's limited in AB's because he can only play first and there's a rejuvenated Pujols in front of him (and Pujols is better defensively).

I expect him to platoon with Ibanez when Hamilton and Calhoun come back.  He'll face the lefties, Ibanez gets the righties.  If it's a keeper league, then there's a future because he's the future 1B for the Halo's.  If it's one year league, ride him now, but temper expectations for when the Halo's get healthy.  It will probably take Ibanez getting released for him to make a big impact and I don't see that happening.   
27>34

atomic

« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2014, 02:40:45 pm »

There's no book on him, so he's taking advantage of the league not knowing how to pitch him.  He's doing fine with fastballs though.  The test, as always, will be if he can hit the breaking stuff.  With Ibanez hitting south of the Mendoza line right now, he'll get some AB's, though he's limited in AB's because he can only play first and there's a rejuvenated Pujols in front of him (and Pujols is better defensively).

I expect him to platoon with Ibanez when Hamilton and Calhoun come back.  He'll face the lefties, Ibanez gets the righties.  If it's a keeper league, then there's a future because he's the future 1B for the Halo's.  If it's one year league, ride him now, but temper expectations for when the Halo's get healthy.  It will probably take Ibanez getting released for him to make a big impact and I don't see that happening.   

I have both Calhoun and Hamilton so I need somebody to hit until they get back.  Yeah it is an AL keeper league.  He seems to really have hit in the minors but he doesn't seem to be on top 100 prospect lists which I find confusing. I guess he can't field but that shouldn't matter in fantasy.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2014, 04:05:41 pm »
Robbie Ray looked incredible again (albeit still not against elite company) but the Detroit bullpen is shitting it away for him. :(

My highly reactionary self is feeling slot better about trading away one of my favorite pitchers in Fister.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:07:34 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2014, 08:42:38 pm »
Big rumor is that Fernandez is out for the season.  Such a bummer.
27>34

atomic

« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2014, 09:32:16 pm »

I thought you meant Felix.  Turns out some guy I never heard of.

vansmack

« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2014, 12:20:50 am »

Your fantasy baseball team must be awful if you've "never heard of"  last year's rookie of the year who finished 3rd in Cy Young last season.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2014, 12:32:27 am »

who the fuck is felix fernandez?

atomic

« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2014, 11:10:16 am »

Your fantasy baseball team must be awful if you've "never heard of"  last year's rookie of the year who finished 3rd in Cy Young last season.

Actually I am in first place.  And it is American League only.  Players in the National League are dead to me. 

vansmack

« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2014, 12:13:29 pm »
Hows that guy Cron looking? 

There is talk of Ibanez being released.  Cron homered off a righty yesterday and has 11 hits in 28 at-bats.  Ibanez has 14 hits in 101 at-bats, and only 1 hit all season against lefties.  It's looking like the Angels are letting Cron hit more against righties, and facing all lefties.
27>34