Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 615104 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #615 on: October 02, 2014, 08:39:14 am »
The thing I don't see anyone talking about is the Pirates just lost a pitcher named Madison. What is this, softball? That's got to be emasculating for everyone involved.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #616 on: October 02, 2014, 10:11:32 am »
I don't know why you wrote the Giants where well set up to face the Nats when "Madison" apparently won't be pitching til game 3...

seems like they'd be better set up if he was pitching game 1.

« Reply #617 on: October 02, 2014, 10:22:34 am »
I don't know why you wrote the Giants where well set up to face the Nats when "Madison" apparently won't be pitching til game 3...

What? I said...

Pirates pitching rotation would've been much better set up...

Which is true. Had they won, they could've went with their top 2 starters in games 1 and 2, and conceivably again in 4 and 5.
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #618 on: October 02, 2014, 10:23:00 am »
Gayest sports photo ever. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

hutch

« Reply #619 on: October 02, 2014, 10:28:23 am »

What? I said...

Pirates pitching rotation would've been much better set up...

Which is true. Had they won, they could've went with their top 2 starters in games 1 and 2, and conceivably again in 4 and 5.

oops..yeah that makes sense..my bad.

my big nats friend wanted the Giants to win so ...

I just think Bochy knows how to manage playoff games and they know how to play them but we shall see...

Nats are favorites.

hutch

« Reply #620 on: October 02, 2014, 10:36:15 am »
I mean compare Bochy's managerial experience in the postseason to Matt Williams....

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #621 on: October 02, 2014, 10:46:53 am »
thats exactly what im afraid of

williams had a good second half but they say everyones manager of the year material with expanded rosters so the real test will be how he puts the playoff roster together and how he manages playoff games.

but the royals showed that you can win playoff games in spite of your manager, so who knows

vansmack

« Reply #622 on: October 02, 2014, 12:04:07 pm »
youre the only person ive seen object to the pirates playing for the division on sunday

Johnny Cueto, the guy they couldn't beat on Sunday but tried with their better pitcher, is better than Madison Bumgarner.  Adam Wainright, the guy they hoped would lose to the team with the worst record in baseball and was without a manager, is better than Madison Bumgarner.

Read Dave Schoenfeld, Buster Olney and Ken Rosenthal - they all said after the loss on Saturday that this makes the decision easier on Sunday to rest Cole for the Wild Card.

I agree that it might not have made a difference with the way Bumgarner threw last night, but the manager did not give his team the best chance to win the biggest game of the season last night, the only game where the Pirates could control their own destiny.  Bochy did.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #623 on: October 02, 2014, 04:03:37 pm »
So who makes the 25 man playoff roster?

C - Ianetta
1B - Pujols
2B - Kendrick
SS - Aybar
3B - Freese
LF - Hamilton
CF - Trout
RF - Calhoun

BENCH - Conger, Cowgill, Beckham, Cron, Navarro

STARTERS - Weaver, Shoemaker, Wilson, Santiago
PEN - Street, Smith, Grilli, Jepsen, Rasmus, Salas, Thatcher, Pestano

The only one I missed was Morin in,  Thatcher out.   That means no lefties in the pen,  assuming Santiago is a starter and not a reliever.
27>34

« Reply #624 on: October 02, 2014, 09:07:00 pm »
Tigers bullpen has given up 8 runs in one third of an inning. I knew they'd blow a game spectacularly....
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #625 on: October 02, 2014, 09:14:32 pm »
Not to dampen the swellness of it, but kind of wish the O's had saved that inning for tomorrow!

Tigers bullpen has given up 8 runs in one third of an inning. I knew they'd blow a game spectacularly....

shemptiness

« Reply #626 on: October 02, 2014, 10:53:19 pm »
Not to dampen the swellness of it, but kind of wish the O's had saved that inning for tomorrow!

Hey Eeyore - who says it can't happen again tomorrow?  Stop being a menstrual cramp.  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:56:10 pm by Shemp »

James Ford

« Reply #627 on: October 02, 2014, 11:07:06 pm »
Let's hope so, Pooh.

I need to find a bar with wifi so i can work and watch both games tomorrow.

Hey Eeyore - who says it can't happen again tomorrow?  Stop being a menstrual cramp.  

hutch

« Reply #628 on: October 03, 2014, 12:08:22 am »
ok i'm back....post FREEMAN

2-2

i was watching the O's when it was like 3-2 in the 6th.. i get to h street look in a bar and it was like 10-3!!!!!!!!!!!!

hutch

« Reply #629 on: October 03, 2014, 12:20:41 am »
is there anybody out there???

smackie must be sweating it...