Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 615000 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #915 on: November 26, 2014, 09:44:09 pm »
As long as scum bag Pete Rose never gets in the HOF all will be well...

http://www.peterosesucks.com

I would have worked out a deal with him a long long time ago.... Pete Rose gives baseball something back and is eventually allowed back in the game... Olbermann recently did a hour long segment on Pete Rose...At this point baseball is just being vindictive in the person of Bud Selig...

LOL you cite Olbermann!  He is as big a bag of douche as Rose.  Baseball is not being vindicitive at all.  They are standing by the rules of the game and not treating Rose differently than any other player who intentionally broke the rule he chose to break.  Rose should NEVER be allowed back in the game.  He CHOSE to break a rule that he KNEW called for a lifetime ban.  He has no one but himself to curse for his ban.  The rules should not be changed for someone who happened to play the game well (even though he was one of the cheapest and dirtiest players ever and had ZERO respect for his fellow baseball players).  What Rose did goes directly to the integrity of the entire sport.  Whether he bet for or against his team is 100% irrelevant.  He wagered on gems in which he was involved.  Lifetime ban, end of story. 
FUKIT

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #916 on: November 26, 2014, 09:50:27 pm »
you realize the lifetime ban was only extended to cover hall of fame eligibility after rose accepted it right

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #917 on: November 26, 2014, 09:58:44 pm »
you realize the lifetime ban was only extended to cover hall of fame eligibility after rose accepted it right

That was a formalization of a rule that was already in effect and has kept one or more players out of the HOF prior to Rose.  Either way, Rose knew the rule he broke called for a permanent lifetime ban form baseball.  He knew that the HOF election committee had agreed to not elect anyone on the permanent banned list into the HOF.  Nothing at all excuses his actions and nothing at all should change the fact that he should never be allowed in the HOF under any circumstances.  Rose has zero respect for the game or anyone who plays it.  He never will.  Any parent who hold Rose out as a role model for their child is a fool.
FUKIT

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #918 on: November 26, 2014, 10:01:11 pm »
if youre holding any athlete as a role model for your kid youre doing both sports and parenting wrong, but ok.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #919 on: November 26, 2014, 10:02:55 pm »
if youre holding any athlete as a role model for your kid youre doing both sports and parenting wrong, but ok.

Sir Charles had it right...  Then again if you are doing so as them being an athlete perhaps yes, however there have been many sports stars aside from their status in the game, who have been great role models.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #920 on: November 26, 2014, 10:14:34 pm »

That was a formalization of a rule that was already in effect and has kept one or more players out of the HOF prior to Rose.  Either way, Rose knew the rule he broke called for a permanent lifetime ban form baseball.  He knew that the HOF election committee had agreed to not elect anyone on the permanent banned list into the HOF.  Nothing at all excuses his actions and nothing at all should change the fact that he should never be allowed in the HOF under any circumstances.  Rose has zero respect for the game or anyone who plays it.  He never will.  Any parent who hold Rose out as a role model for their child is a fool.

Hey I never said he was a role model.... is Ty Cobb a role model? Not everyone in the Hall of Fame has to be a role model

I 'm just telling you I love baseball, I follow it, I'm old school about it.. .. and I think Pete Rose belongs in the Hall of Fame and something should have been worked out with him...

You are free to disagree with me!

As far as Rose having no respect for the game or anyone who plays it? Hyperbole much..... I do think your statement is false.. I think he showed plenty of respect on the field the 20 or so years he played it.....he wasn't Charlie Hustle for nothing...

hutch

« Reply #921 on: November 26, 2014, 10:21:23 pm »
The problem with Pete Rose is that he was and probably is a gambling addict....he happened to be a gambling addict involved with baseball.. a very bad combination...

But I am not as vindictive or judgmental as you RatBastard...I try to be a little empathetic and I honestly feel sorry for the guy...

Pete Rose belongs in the Hall of Fame...hopefully the new commissioner will see the light but I'm not...wait for it....betting on it.

;D

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #922 on: November 26, 2014, 10:29:16 pm »

Hey I never said he was a role model.... is Ty Cobb a role model? Not everyone in the Hall of Fame has to be a role model

I 'm just telling you I love baseball, I follow it, I'm old school about it.. .. and I think Pete Rose belongs in the Hall of Fame and something should have been worked out with him...

You are free to disagree with me!

As far as Rose having no respect for the game or anyone who plays it? Hyperbole much..... I do think your statement is false.. I think he showed plenty of respect on the field the 20 or so years he played it.....he wasn't Charlie Hustle for nothing...

1) He ruined a hall of fame catchers career over an exhibition game.

2) He broke the one rule that directly goes to the integrity of the game.

3) He made a mockery of the game at his autograph signing with his "I'm Sorry" signatures.

4) He continually lied to the commissioner about his gambling until he thought it would benefit him to (at least partially) tell the truth.

5) He has made commercials that make a joke of baseball and the HOF.

6) He continues to thumb his nose at baseball by his actions.

There are just a few of his dickhead no respect actions.

He was Charlie Hustle because he always ran to first base, even on a walk.  Big fucking whoop.  There is nothing to work out.  The rules should not be applied differently to different players.  Would the numbers that Rose put up otherwise make a player be considered for election to the HOF, perhaps so.  That is 100% irrelevant though.  Rose chose to make himself ineligible.  Rose chose to be banned for life from baseball.  If you cannot hold your better players to the rules of the game then there should be no rules at all.  Putting Roe in the HOF would simply tell anyone playing the game that it is OK to break any rule you want if you think you are a good enough player.  An 'old school' baseball fan would fully understand that and realize the severe negative impact on the game that allowing Rose into the HOF would have.  A new school "no one should be held accountable for his actions" fan would be all up for Rose being in.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #923 on: November 26, 2014, 10:32:17 pm »
The problem with Pete Rose is that he was and probably is a gambling addict....he happened to be a gambling addict involved with baseball.. a very bad combination...

But I am not as vindictive or judgmental as you RatBastard...I try to be a little empathetic and I honestly feel sorry for the guy...

Pete Rose belongs in the Hall of Fame...hopefully the new commissioner will see the light but I'm not...wait for it....betting on it.

;D

I am not vindictive at all.  Nor am I judgmental.  I am simply of the mind that the rules ought to be applied equally to all.  Rose has no business in the HOF even as a visitor.  There is no light to see.  As far as feeling sorry for him, Perhaps if he ever showed some sincere sorrow for what he did I might feel sorry for him, but he is still in such denial that it is beyond believable that anyone would even think he should be considered for the HOF.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #924 on: November 26, 2014, 10:33:39 pm »
Would the numbers that Rose put up otherwise make a player be considered for election to the HOF, perhaps so. 

OK this is where you know you're trying to communicate with somebody that just is so consumed by hate that they aren't thinking...

Are you serious? "Perhaps so"?????

;D

hutch

« Reply #925 on: November 26, 2014, 10:35:37 pm »
At the end of the day Pete Rose is a hall of famer...everybody knows it... no amount of vindictiveness by those running the game he loved so much is going to change that fact...

the Rose haters remind me of the Bonds maniacs... they were so up in arms about Bonds... meanwhile EVERYONE else around them was doing it and nobody cared or cares.... AROD is still in the frickin' game for Pete's sake! (pun intended!)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #926 on: November 26, 2014, 10:43:16 pm »
At the end of the day Pete Rose is a hall of famer...everybody knows it... no amount of vindictiveness by those running the game he loved so much is going to change that fact...

the Rose haters remind me of the Bonds maniacs... they were so up in arms about Bonds... meanwhile EVERYONE else around them was doing it and nobody cared or cares.... AROD is still in the frickin' game for Pete's sake! (pun intended!)

At the end of the day the number Rose put up MAY be worthy of consideration for the HOF.  Also at the end of the day he is, by his own actions, permanently banned from baseball and ineligible.  I know that you DC liberal types have no comprehension of the concept of personal responsibility, but that is what this is all about.  Rose is the one who's actions went towards ruining the game.  No other offense comes close to the degree of being detrimental to the sport as gambling by a participant.

As far as steroids go, I personally could not care less who takes what (as long as it is not otherwise illegal).  People class steroids as performance enhancing but what does working out, taking vitamins, taking batting practice, and an endless list of the things do?  They enhance the performance of the athlete.  Aside from that, the rules of the game involving PEDs etc are set and being followed.  The fact that they banned/suspended some extremely high star level players exactly the same as they did (would have) any other player is exactly how is should be.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #927 on: November 26, 2014, 10:46:28 pm »
I know that you DC liberal types have no comprehension of the concept of personal responsibility, but that is what this is all about. 

Nice working into it of the "DC liberal" angle!

;D

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #928 on: November 26, 2014, 10:54:13 pm »
I know that you DC liberal types have no comprehension of the concept of personal responsibility, but that is what this is all about. 

Nice working into it of the "DC liberal" angle!

;D

Thought you might appreciate that!  :)
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #929 on: November 26, 2014, 11:03:22 pm »
What happened to being "a land of second chances"? I hear that all the time.... (personally I don't see it all that much)

He played the game hard but the right way throughout his career as a ballplayer....certainly nothing different than say a Ty Cobb...just very intense and ruthless ...

He gambled as a manager and is a buffoon and charlatan.... admittedly not very likable...

I still say he deserves to be in Cooperstown. You cannot compare his actions to those of the Black Sox which is the reason why the rule he violated was instituted.