Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 622908 times)

hutch

Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #1110 on: March 11, 2015, 05:04:58 pm »
it sure ain't going to help the starting pitchers to have to pitch to a DH instead of a scrub pitcher...in an age where we see more and more pitchers arms being unable to handle the strain and needing tommy john or even multiple tommy johns does this make sense?
That's insanely non-sequitor.

well my mind is not entirely with this board these days...

but i think it makes sense...if you add a power bat to the lineups the strain on the pitcher going around the order is just going to increase... all other things being equal

shemptiness

« Reply #1111 on: March 13, 2015, 01:54:07 pm »
Tommy John for Darvish.  Buh bye 2015.

shemptiness

shemptiness

« Reply #1114 on: April 01, 2015, 07:57:31 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #1115 on: April 03, 2015, 12:21:17 pm »
No suspension for Hamilton.

The lesson here kids?  Do more coke....
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1116 on: April 03, 2015, 12:27:30 pm »
The lesson here kids?
Be white and talk about Jesus.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #1117 on: April 03, 2015, 12:30:07 pm »
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #1118 on: April 03, 2015, 04:27:59 pm »
No suspension for Hamilton.

The lesson here kids?  Do more coke....

Surprise - the Angels don't want him back

Angels President John Carpino: "It defies logic that Josh's reported behavior is not a violation of his drug program."

vansmack

« Reply #1119 on: April 03, 2015, 04:50:13 pm »
Ervin Santana suspended for PEDs - 80 games this time.  The Twins must be stoked.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:10:06 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1120 on: April 03, 2015, 05:11:24 pm »

Do you think it's easy to win 98 games with Hamilton in your lineup?!!  That's why Scioscia won Manager of the Year.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #1121 on: April 04, 2015, 07:03:56 pm »

Do you think it's easy to win 98 games with Hamilton in your lineup?!!  That's why Scioscia won Manager of the Year.

it's a pretty ruthless response,. when they signed josh to his lucrative idea, i'm pretty sure the entire world at once asked, "are you sure that's a good idea?". they made their bed, they should shut up and sleep in it and throw their support behind the guy instead of just money.

i'm excited to catch game 2/game 3 this week of the Ms/As series at safeco.  excited to see paxton pitch on tuesday, and see trout for the first time in person. the west should be a fun one again this year, although i'll still spend most of my time watching the al and nl east.

vansmack

« Reply #1122 on: April 05, 2015, 01:37:33 pm »
it's a pretty ruthless response,. when they signed josh to his lucrative idea, i'm pretty sure the entire world at once asked, "are you sure that's a good idea?". they made their bed, they should shut up and sleep in it and throw their support behind the guy instead of just money.

I think they're most frustrated by the fact that they can't help him.  They can't send him to rehab by the CBA.  They can't suspend him.  They can't do anything.  All because he admitted to it and it wasn't uncovered by a drug test.

They've had a dry club house for the last two years since they signed him.  I hope they don't this year.   
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1123 on: April 05, 2015, 02:30:24 pm »
i'm excited to catch game 2/game 3 this week of the Ms/As series at safeco.  excited to see paxton pitch on tuesday, and see trout for the first time in person. the west should be a fun one again this year, although i'll still spend most of my time watching the al and nl east.

I caught Taijuan Walker at the end of my spring training vacation.  He looked like he had the control issues figured out and was pretty dominant.  At least for that day.  AL West should be fun this year - I might even make it up to Seattle for a game or two myself.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #1124 on: April 05, 2015, 02:47:31 pm »

I think they're most frustrated by the fact that they can't help him.  They can't send him to rehab by the CBA.  They can't suspend him.  They can't do anything.  All because he admitted to it and it wasn't uncovered by a drug test.

They've had a dry club house for the last two years since they signed him.  I hope they don't this year.   

i now consider my initial reaction post  the equivalent of an old man shaking his fist, or a hutch post.

I caught Taijuan Walker at the end of my spring training vacation.  He looked like he had the control issues figured out and was pretty dominant.  At least for that day.  AL West should be fun this year - I might even make it up to Seattle for a game or two myself.

also excited to see walker in the rotation, but that'll have to wait for a while.  3 game home series then they hit the road.  surprised they slotted him for the 4th roster spot, and then explained as "we wanted to alternate lefties and righties".  is there really any statistics that show alternating like that is beneficial? it always sounds like gypsy talk to me.