Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612869 times)

stevewizzle

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2014, 03:40:57 pm »
personally i think i would tell my kid to learn a foreign language and find a way in to study in europe or something...

Learn Mandarin.

after coming back from china in may last year, i can confirm they sure as hell aren't learning english like the world believes.

listen to this man. you want to make a shitload of money? learn mandarin.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2014, 03:42:49 pm »
if you want to earn a shitload of money . . . learn gay.

stevewizzle

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2014, 03:43:51 pm »
when this thread returns to earth again, i would like to request a roundtable discussion about GoT season 4, and potentially mad men season 6.

and also, i'm on episode 7 of orange is the new black, and i'm just not feeling it.

atomic

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2014, 03:44:48 pm »
when this thread returns to earth again, i would like to request a roundtable discussion about GoT season 4, and potentially mad men season 6.

and also, i'm on episode 7 of orange is the new black, and i'm just not feeling it.

Is GoT an abreviation for something?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2014, 03:49:20 pm »

It started out strong with the nude shower scene but was all down hill from there.
I didn't get the hype.

stevewizzle

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2014, 03:51:45 pm »

game of thrones

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2014, 03:54:19 pm »

It started out strong with the nude shower scene but was all down hill from there.
I didn't get the hype.

once the chicken thing started . . . i bailed.

brennser

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2014, 04:03:18 pm »
personally i think i would tell my kid to learn a foreign language and find a way in to study in europe or something...

My word you people have been "busy" today!

Just a note on this - yes college in Europe is cheaper, but only if you have established residency and can benefit from the huge subsidies

Overseas students are charged through the fucking nose for college in Ireland (not sure about rest of Europe) so not sure you'd be saving that much money in the long run.....plus the reality is except for a few more famous schools your kid is then gonna either have to stay in Europe to work or spend half of every interview explaining why they did college overseas....."oh you went to UCD, isn't California wonderful!, um no its University College Dublin, not University College Davis"

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2014, 04:04:30 pm »

game of thrones
For some reason I got the first two books in this series at the thrift store the other week.  Are they worth my time?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2014, 04:08:16 pm »
I rewatch the entire run of The O.C. and The Hills (up until LC leaves) EVERY YEAR.

Even the "Oliver" story line?
All of it. Marissa could not tell when a guy was a scumbag to save her life.

Chili and Sadie were more "what the hell is this person doing on this show" in my opinion than Oliver. I loved the way Oliver said "crudites," by the way.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2014, 04:12:21 pm »

My word you people have been "busy" today!

Just a note on this - yes college in Europe is cheaper, but only if you have established residency and can benefit from the huge subsidies

Overseas students are charged through the fucking nose for college in Ireland (not sure about rest of Europe) so not sure you'd be saving that much money in the long run.....plus the reality is except for a few more famous schools your kid is then gonna either have to stay in Europe to work or spend half of every interview explaining why they did college overseas....."oh you went to UCD, isn't California wonderful!, um no its University College Dublin, not University College Davis"

Well if the interviewer went to University College of Dublin as well I think a job offer would be in their future. 

Here is something I like to do on interviews.  I like to find something in common with the interviewer that has nothing to do with the job.  I have this trick where I get the interviewer to talk about themselves the whole interview.  Seems to work rather well. 

atomic

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2014, 04:13:36 pm »

game of thrones

Oh.   Don't watch that because that little person dude on that show. I can't stand him.   

stevewizzle

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2014, 04:17:35 pm »

game of thrones
For some reason I got the first two books in this series at the thrift store the other week.  Are they worth my time?

yes, definitely. if sci-fi is your thing, then it's pretty much required reading :)

i'm through book five, and they have all been excellent.

James Ford

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2014, 05:12:57 pm »
I felt the same way. But the last episode of Season 1 redeemed the weakness that the show had fallen upon.

I didn't get the hype.

vansmack

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2014, 05:42:26 pm »
University College Davis"

University of California - Davis

But I got what you were throwing down.
27>34