Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 611893 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #210 on: March 06, 2014, 11:18:13 am »
Then how do you know the characters "are fucking on point" if you've never spent any time there?

How much time have you spent in Portland?

i also, just started watching portlandia.  maybe it gets awful as the season(s) go on . . . but good god, the first episode had me guffawing in my popcorn and soda pop.
I absolutely love Portlandia. The characters are so fucking on point it gets on my nerves sometimes lol. I can only "binge" with 2 or 3 episodes before I have to turn it off because the characters eat away at me. I could never tell if that's a good or bad thing, but I find them hilarious. Haven't seen any of the new season.

As for True Detective, I want to see if they can unravel the mystery in the last episode.... The end of episode 7 was kind of underwhelming....
Zero seconds
Hipsters can exist outside of Portland. I've met a bunch of people that are almost exact replicas of the characters portrayed on Portalandia. It's amazing. Sorry for the confusion on that one.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2014, 11:27:50 am »
Is that what hipsters are? I just found the characters amazingly annoying, and couldn't watch the show beyond a couple of episodes. Much more amazingly annoying than anyone I actually ever crossed paths with in Portland, actually. Though admittedly, I've only ever spend a few days of my life there spread out over three visits.

Then how do you know the characters "are fucking on point" if you've never spent any time there?

i also, just started watching portlandia.  maybe it gets awful as the season(s) go on . . . but good god, the first episode had me guffawing in my popcorn and soda pop.
I absolutely love Portlandia. The characters are so fucking on point it gets on my nerves sometimes lol. I can only "binge" with 2 or 3 episodes before I have to turn it off because the characters eat away at me. I could never tell if that's a good or bad thing, but I find them hilarious. Haven't seen any of the new season.

As for True Detective, I want to see if they can unravel the mystery in the last episode.... The end of episode 7 was kind of underwhelming....
Zero seconds
Hipsters can exist outside of Portland. I've met a bunch of people that are almost exact replicas of the characters portrayed on Portalandia. It's amazing. Sorry for the confusion on that one.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2014, 11:42:51 am »
Hipsters don't exist. 

atomic

« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2014, 11:55:02 am »
I was eating dinner in San Antonio and I told the waitress that she wasn't from here.  And she said "She was from Portland and how do you know?"  I didn't tell her that it was because she was attractive.  Anyway I would say Portland has more attractive chicks than San Antonio for whatever that is worth.

James Ford

« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2014, 12:03:17 pm »
55.6% of San Antonio's population is Hispanic, and Latina women tend to be on the short side. And you're not into short women. Would that help explain it?

Portland is also one of the whitest cities in America. (Non-Hispanic white population=72.2%, Hispanic population=9.4%).

I was eating dinner in San Antonio and I told the waitress that she wasn't from here.  And she said "She was from Portland and how do you know?"  I didn't tell her that it was because she was attractive.  Anyway I would say Portland has more attractive chicks than San Antonio for whatever that is worth.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2014, 12:20:47 pm »
Is that what hipsters are? I just found the characters amazingly annoying, and couldn't watch the show beyond a couple of episodes. Much more amazingly annoying than anyone I actually ever crossed paths with in Portland, actually. Though admittedly, I've only ever spend a few days of my life there spread out over three visits.

Zero seconds
Some, yes. The bike messenger dude who screams "[whatever ridiculous trend] IS OVER!" because some yuppy starts doing it. Lol. Classic, bruh. Fucking classic.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2014, 12:26:08 pm »
Hipsters are just yuppies with different priorities... Duh
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2014, 02:51:17 pm »
Hipsters are just yuppies with different priorities... Duh
I'm a hipster and a yuppie. How many DJ/museum curators do you know? Because I'm that.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #218 on: March 11, 2014, 08:33:47 pm »
I wonder if Seth can pursue the cast of Walking Dead to get back together for a reunion tour... This mini series aka the middle part of the trilogy of duos wandering off, keeping into a bind, followed by getting in touch with their feeling.   ???
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2014, 10:20:29 am »
Man, I lost interest in that show a long time ago. I think. Maybe it was last season.
‼‼?‼‼

Hexenjagd

« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2014, 03:01:01 pm »
Is this the thread for talking about Once Upon a Time?  Or Bones? Or Law and Order SVU? Or BObs Burgers? Game of Thrones? American Dad?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2014, 03:10:03 pm »
Is this the thread for talking about Once Upon a Time?  Or Bones? Or Law and Order SVU? Or BObs Burgers? Game of Thrones? American Dad?
Game Of Thrones, yes, although I personally hate it.

Bobs Burgers, maybe. Everything else, absolutely not.

It's not a hard and fast rule but "if it's on broadcast television, it's not prestige television" works like 98% of the time.
LVMH

Hexenjagd

« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2014, 03:16:59 pm »
My post was a joke. There is no such thing as prestige television.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2014, 03:21:32 pm »
My post was a joke.
Comedy gold, man. Comedy gold.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2014, 05:24:32 pm »
i gave up on the following.  jesus christ.  how stupid that show got so quick, once they went to rescue the boy.  i am now, power watching my way through mad men; on the third season after two weeks.  that show makes me love the art that is television.  watching nazi hunters; so good.  about to start game of thrones tonight, after listening to everybody in the known universe jerk off to it.  american horror story is losing my interest after season two.  it ended so dumb.  i have a feeling season three with the witches will be no better.  id still bang jessica lange.  clone wars is excellent.  portlandia is becoming oddly great but neutrally the same all at the eqaul amount of time.  i havent watched family guy or south park in years, caught two episodes from where i had left off, and yes . . . they still got it.  plus, i love smallville.  good gay, im gay.